ICC World Cup Qualifiers 2018, Zimbabwe : Discussion

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: ICC World Cup Qualifiers 2018, Zimbabwe : Discussion

Post by Andybligzz »

strikerlube wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:56 am
ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:12 pm
Did you guys see the vid of the Afghans arriving in Zim, damn does video that make me hate Shahzad more.
Yep and agreed everytime I see that guy I just want someone to deck him. When he tried to run in the 3rd game after literally plonking his bat ontop of the throw in at the bowlers end, the dance they only do when they're not going to lose, the dabs, when he was going off at Hammy, and just his overall mannerisms.

I can't stand him
Could not agree more man , he’s a dingbat absolutely cannot stand the shithead.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

etoreveyi

Post by etoreveyi »

I think he is funny and makes the sport even more entertaining.

It would be nice to do the same dance to him after he has lost. :lol:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

He is somebody who will get exposed by top teams. His wicket keeping is absolutely terrible. No other way to describe it he is overweight and just smacks the ball. I really think he is overrated. You see you can never take averages of guys who play for Ireland Afghanistan Netherlands and Scotland as a true reflection of ability because how many times do they play against the top sides.

I would take a Hami 29 against proper teams mostly than a 40 average against associates. How many runs do you think Shehzad would have scored in that boxing day test? Yes we are the laughing stock for many teams but trust me once Ireland and Afghanistan start playing against top teams they will be pasted just like us. Half the Afghan team are passengers. Rashid Khan would be their saviour in the longer format. Kind of like Herath for Sri Lanka but top teams always find a way to play the great bowlers.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

What was the video?

I like Shazad. I think he's funny and is good for the game, although I think he believes his own myth a bit too much.

AngusBeef

Post by AngusBeef »

ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Did you guys see the vid of the Afghans arriving in Zim, damn does that video make me hate Shahzad more.
Does anyone have the link?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

AngusBeef wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:37 am
ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Did you guys see the vid of the Afghans arriving in Zim, damn does that video make me hate Shahzad more.
Share the love people, I wanna see this video

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

AngusBeef wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:37 am
ilovearsenal04 wrote:
https://twitter.com/icc/status/966002089552998400
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

I would only get the 8-3 line up against Afghanistan and Scotland. Hong Kong and Nepal I would play 7 batsmen and skittle them with fast bowlers. Blessing and vitori key here. We saw they were both very fast in Afghanistan but getting little assistance from pitch

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

jimbo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:50 am
I would only get the 8-3 line up against Afghanistan and Scotland. Hong Kong and Nepal I would play 7 batsmen and skittle them with fast bowlers. Blessing and vitori key here. We saw they were both very fast in Afghanistan but getting little assistance from pitch
Blessing & Vitori at that slow track of Bulawayo would prove worst for Zimbabwe, as both are fast, bowl will come nicely into the bat, will be easy to score runs. In case of Harare, it would have been a great plan.

Zimbabwe bowling doesn't look bad, batsman needs to put up runs. Spinners have simply blown away Zimbabwe, 37 wickets were given to the spinners in recently concluded Afghanistan series, three Asian teams, with spin being their primary is with Zimbabwe in same group, that too in Bulawayo might be tough nut to crack

Spin Threat :

Hong Kong Spinners : Ehsan Khan, Nizakat Khan, Shahid Wasif, Nadeem Ahmed

Nepal Spinners : Sandip Lamichhane, Basant Regmi

Afghanistan : Mujeeb Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Ashraf, Rashid Khan

Googly

Post by Googly »

Did anyone shed any light why all our games are in Bulawayo?