Best possible zim batting lineup for qualifiers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Best possible zim batting lineup for qualifiers

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:33 am
For me this is the side I’d go with

Hami
Mire
BT
Ervine
Raza
Burl / Williams
Moor
Cremer
Vitori
Jarvis
Chatara

Blessing is very unlucky to miss out but I think Vitori in Zimbabwe has always been a handful.

Also picked Moor @7 because he’s shown for Zim A he can hit a lot of boundaries ( he has actually scored well for Zim A in games that weren’t classed as List A matches ) plus if we crumble he can dig in and see out the innings unlike Waller

I’ve still got more faith in Burl than Tari despite his struggles.

I’ve obviously put a lot of faith in some guys who haven’t performed lately.

Doesn't Vitori play for the tuskers? He will know the Bulawayo conditions well.

Hopefully Williams is back. That finger looked badly damaged.. Tari and Burl would be a big risk judging on current form.

Seeing Blessing Bowling around 140 consistently made me happy but he is still young and watching from the sidelines is a good enough experience for him.

Waller versus Moor is a tricky one. Waller on his day can be destructive but he has been absolutely useless lately. PJ can hit them as well but he can't rotate the strike. PJ and Burl batting together might be suicidal if we have a high required run rate

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Yeah does play for Tuskers TapsC

If Waller was in some type of form yes have him but faaark he’s not in form at all, can’t think of a time he’s been in worse form tbh.

Burl, Tari, Waller, Moor & Mire have all been so out of touch, picking any of them is a risk.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Burl got the nod for me because correct me if I am wrong, but Williams has not been selected? I am going purely off the selection, and I much rather have an out of form youngster, than an out of form old guy in the team. It's not ideal, but it gives you the opportunity to send the kid out there with not much expectation. A more experienced player is expected to perform and plays with a bit more pressure.

I agree with Moor. He can dig deep when needs be and hence is a much better option out over Waller.

Muzarabani I have in there for the raw talent, but essentially it would be between him and Vitori. I just feel Vitori has not had enough game time to be in the shape we need him

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Burl has a much better technique than Tari (from what I saw at least), but he got out to equally bad shots.
At only 23, he has so much time on his side.

I was very very sceptical of Blessing Muzarabani when he was first selected, but just after a couple of months in the national side has shown the impact of Streak and possibly Klusener. He's running in much harder and looks to be driving through the crease miles better; hence the speeds of 87mph! A brilliant find, really. Coupled with the return of Mumba, we have a half decent little pace battery there with Jarvis, Chatara and Vitori knocking about. Ngarva is raw and needs work, but he's still looking like a talented kid.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Hami
Mire
Taylor
Ervine
Raza
Masukanda
Burl
Cremer
Jarvis
Chatara
Blessing
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

It's a tricky one because Mire is purely being given the opportunity to open based on his potential to hit big.

In an ideal scenario, I'd have Burl opening and Mire at 8 and Cremer at 9.

1. Hamilton Mazakadza
2. Ryan Burl
3. Brendan Taylor (Wkt)
4. Craig Ervine
5. Sean Williams
6. Sikander Raza
7. PJ Moor
8. Solomon Mire
9. Graeme Cremer (Cpt)
10. Tendai Chatara
11. Blessing Muzarabani

12th man: Kyle Jarvis. Based on his recent performance in the couple of ODI's, I think young Blessing is a much better option to utalise in the qualifiers. He has shown that his confidence has grown and it is more than evident that Heath Streak has worked on his run up. Jarvis' pace has dropped alarmingly and was panned against Afghanistan. He's clearly one of our best fast bowlers but, still, on form at least, he doesn't make my starting XI.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:21 pm
It's a tricky one because Mire is purely being given the opportunity to open based on his potential to hit big.

In an ideal scenario, I'd have Burl opening and Mire at 8 and Cremer at 9.

1. Hamilton Mazakadza
2. Ryan Burl
3. Brendan Taylor (Wkt)
4. Craig Ervine
5. Sean Williams
6. Sikander Raza
7. PJ Moor
8. Solomon Mire
9. Graeme Cremer (Cpt)
10. Tendai Chatara
11. Blessing Muzarabani

12th man: Kyle Jarvis. Based on his recent performance in the couple of ODI's, I think young Blessing is a much better option to utalise in the qualifiers. He has shown that his confidence has grown and it is more than evident that Heath Streak has worked on his run up. Jarvis' pace has dropped alarmingly and was panned against Afghanistan. He's clearly one of our best fast bowlers but, still, on form at least, he doesn't make my starting XI.
In that side, you have Williams, Raza and Burl who can bowl, and then there's Mazakadza and Mire, although they haven't had a chuck in a while

grant

Post by grant »

Here's the XI I'd go with. I hope Williams recovers soon.

Hamilton Masakadza
Solomon Mire
Brendan Taylor
Craig Ervine
Sean Williams
Sikandar Raza
PJ Moor
Graeme Cremer
Brian Vitori
Tendai Chatara
Blessing Muzarabani

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

tawac wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:43 am
Hami -_ Hami
Mire -_ Chibhabha ( if we can put Mire 7th)
Taylor -_ BT
Ervine -_Raza
Raza -_ Ervine ( the guy is out of form)
Masukanda -_ Sean W or Zhuwao we need punch there
Burl -_Chisoro/ Welly Masakadza are a better option
Cremer
Jarvis
Chatara
Blessing-_ Mumba deserve a spot if healthy

Lee
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Lee »

now that the squad has been altered i will go for
Mayor