[Match Thread] 5th ODI: Afghanistan v Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: [Match Thread] 5th ODI: Afghanistan v Zimbabwe

Post by zimbos_05 »

That scorecard is just embarassing. The days when I used to remember used to hear we would be playing Bangladesh and thinking, "meh, easy wins" are well gone. Now I am not even assured playing Nepal.

That team selection and batting line up makes me think that management have no idea what they are doing or what their plan is. They are just throwing players out on a field and hoping for the best. What would we have lost by playing the likes of Zhuwao, Murray, Chisoro, Burl, Moor, Tari for the full series.

What is so hard about playing spin? Why are our guys so terrible at it? Afghanis certainly didnt struggle that badly this series. I know players from all countries struggle, but our guys just seem to refuse to actually even try against it. Why do we also respect these lower teams so much when they clearly have no respect for us and treat us as inferior?

It would have been so sweet to be playing in a World Cup purely because it would have been in England, but I don't really see it happening.

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

I think Murray needs to be chucked in the deep end now , he can do no worse than Burl , Waller , mire ect . He is the future and it has to happen we can’t keep accepting these pothetic performances . If we want future generations to be inspired and want to play for zim we must and have to start winning. I don’t mind if we lose but at least show some fucking fight,the fans deserve more than this . Taylor throwing away his wicket when he looks comfortable is just not acceptable 3 out 5 innings , he’s to good of a player for that. Hammy needs to be more reliable at the top being the rock of the top order and knowing mire will go way harder than himself needs to dig deep and protect the middle order. I’m so dissapointed in the players and the coaching staff , it’s serious panic time for zim and the axe has to fall . If we qualify for the World Cup then all will be forgotten and we will have a feel good story on our hands , also sticking it up to the icc . At the moment we are so far from that it’s scary , really hope changes are made . Rant over
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Zimbabwe needs to take some strong steps before the qualifiers and make some changes in the squad

1)Mohammad Eqlakh ( Quality opening batsman , offer him Zimbabwe Citizenship soon ) 2) Hamilton Masakadza 3) Brendan Taylor 4) Ryan Murray ( wkb) 6)Craig Ervine 7) Sean Williams 8) Wesley Madhevere 9) Brandon Mavuta ( wrist spinner, can bat) 10) Graeme Cremer 11) Kyle Jarvis 12) Tendai Chatara 13) Blessing Muzarabani 14)William Mashinge 15)Sikandar Raza

Playing XI against Nepal : 1) Mohammad Eqlakh 2) Wesley Madhevere 3) Hamilton Masakadza 4) Craig Ervine 5) Brendan Taylor (wkb)6) Sikandar Raza 7) Sean Williams / William Mashinge ( depend on fitness) 8) Graeme Cremer 9) Kyle Jarvis 10) Tendai Chatara 11) Blessing Muzarabani
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

Googly

Post by Googly »

Why don’t we offer Matthew Hayden, Ricky Ponting and Shane Warne citizenships as well? Or for that matter try and jump start Bradman so we’re really ready for these qualifiers? Are you a homeless person?

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Googly wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:48 am
Why don’t we offer Matthew Hayden, Ricky Ponting and Shane Warne citizenships as well? Or for that matter try and jump start Bradman so we’re really ready for these qualifiers? Are you a homeless person?
:D can't even afford Bronze talking about gold.Mind of doing nothing except complaining

Still old Aussies are enough to give some competition instead of these present Zimbabwe players.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

Googly

Post by Googly »

I suspect Murray has headed off to university. Zimbabwe cricket does not offer realistic career opportunities to anyone starting out in life and wanting to earn more than $200 a month paid every second or third month when ZC feels like it. Cricketers are unreasonable people, sometimes they want to eat, bastards.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

If we could ‘offer citizenship’ to players I doubt Eqlakh would be too if the list

Stay strong people qualifiers in our own back yard hopefully our seam attack is more potent in Zim

One has the question just how good Chisoro, Wellington & Williams are as spinners? Surely our boys face them a lot in the nets but they’re all still shiit house at facing left arm spin.

I’ll cop the boys struggling to Rashid he’s the best in the world right now, but surely we should be doing better against Nabi, Mujeeb & Sharafuddin.

Our batsman need to work out a plan to face these guys because they’ll be just as dangerous at Queens
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

BugsBunny

Post by BugsBunny »

Looking at the yesterdays scorecard, none of the AFG players were out bowled or lbw, while ZIM has a majority in that. Our players always try to cross bat for sweeps or loose concentration thereby becoming victims. This may be due to the fact that AFG has made the field setup such as to make the batsman prone to sweeps. There is no problem in applying the sweep shot, but the player should make it count without getting bowled or lbw.
I guess the problem might be with the current crop of bowlers available, where nobody is trying to bowl straight to wicket. Our pace bowling department lacks yorkers which are very much needed for dearth bowling.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Andybligzz wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:05 am
I don’t mind if we lose but at least show some fucking fight,the fans deserve more than this .
This this this so much.

Unfortunately there is no accountability. When has anyone ever explained when things are going wrong. They just carry on and we keep going through the pain.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I'm not a fan of the sweep at all. It needs to be selected based on line and length, not pre meditation. Ervine, although he got out to a sweep, is probably our best exponent of the sweep shot as he really get low and smothers the ball.

I'll always be a fan of Zimbabwe Cricket, but my interest is dwindeling. My interest peacked around 2009-12 when Price was in and around the team; easily one of my favourites