Breaking News : Zhuwao & Williams called for the ICC Qualifiers 2018

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Breaking News : Zhuwao & Williams called for the ICC Qualifiers 2018

Post by The Robot »

Zimbabwe Cricket Selectors have recalled Sean Williams and Cephas Zhuwao for the ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier. The two were not named in the initial 15-player squad, but have been included in place of Ryan Burl and Tarisai Musakanda
Robo to rule :oops:

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Breaking News : Zhuwao & Williams called for the ICC Qualifiers 2018

Post by tawac »

Long over due. The man finally gets his chance.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Source: https://twitter.com/ZimCricketv/status/ ... 9623999489

Right, finally the selectors realizing that the youngsters aren't ready, and going for the experience. Realistically, Williams might only come into the equation if we make it to the Super Sixes.

I'm pretty much at peace with the squad now. Waller to be discarded after the qualifiers to bring back either Burl / Musakanda / Murray / Mutombodzi.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Tough on the kids but I honestly think it's the right decision. They should have included Zhuwao all along to give him time to adjust. Must have been some long discussions about this but I think it's the right call. Especially when they tried to make Tari open and he failed.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:27 pm
Tough on the kids but I honestly think it's the right decision. They should have included Zhuwao all along to give him time to adjust. Must have been some long discussions about this but I think it's the right call. Especially when they tried to make Tari open and he failed.
Yea exactly. I agree totally with this.

After the world cup qualifiers, they need to get these lads back in and give them some game time though.

tawac

Post by tawac »

How tempting is it to try both Mire and Zhuwao up top.

Mire
Zhuwao
Hami
Taylor
Ervine
Raza
Waller
Cremer
Jarvis
Chatara
Blessing

Its quite clear that Williams will only come into to the at the Super Six stage. Hammy has always done well at 3. With Taylor at four We could be in business.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

tawac wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:18 pm
How tempting is it to try both Mire and Zhuwao up top.

Mire
Zhuwao
Hami
Taylor
Ervine
Raza
Waller
Cremer
Jarvis
Chatara
Blessing

Its quite clear that Williams will only come into to the at the Super Six stage. Hammy has always done well at 3. With Taylor at four We could be in business.
It's tempting but i think it's also a massive bonus that we have the luxury of having one up the order and one further down the order.

1. Hammie
2. Cephas
3. Taylor
4. Ervine
5. Williams
6. Raza
7. Moor
8. Mire
9. Cremer
10. Vitori/Blessing
11. Chatara

Jarvis, Blessing, Vitori and Chatara is easily our most potent pace battery we've put out there in years

tawac

Post by tawac »

Zhuwao has a short time to prove his worth but he is going to have to do that against Nepal, Hong Kong, Scotland so I don't think the bar is really that high for him. Totally possible for him to wreak havoc

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

This is the best squad Zimbabwe had in years .BT Raza Taylor Williams Jarvis cremer Ervine all playing together .if we still don't qualify Zimbabwe cricket is in shambles

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

tej_27 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:38 pm
This is the best squad Zimbabwe had in years .BT Raza Taylor Williams Jarvis cremer Ervine all playing together .if we still don't qualify Zimbabwe cricket is in shambles
And easily our most potent pace attack we've had in years.

We have a left arm quick bowler bowling in the low 140's and a 6ft8 kid bowling short and fast at a similar pace.
Then there's the seam movememnt of Jarvis and Chatara.

Very encouraging