[MATCH THREAD] Zimbabwe v Ireland Warm Up Match

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [MATCH THREAD] Zimbabwe v Ireland Warm Up Match

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

How is it that the match in BAC go ahead but not at the international ground of QSC? How bad is the maintenance?

At least with the ICC event as an excuse, ZC could have obtained funds for
1. A few super soppers
2. Or at least a few ground covers, so that they can just cover the entire ground during rains, like they do so efficiently in SL.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:39 am
How is it that the match in BAC go ahead but not at the international ground of QSC? How bad is the maintenance?

At least with the ICC event as an excuse, ZC could have obtained funds for
1. A few super soppers
2. Or at least a few ground covers, so that they can just cover the entire ground during rains, like they do so efficiently in SL.
Where did the money go if there aren't floodlights or electronic scoreboards at any of the grounds? I noticed even the big screen TVs during the last series were just portables attached to vehicles brought in my the sponsors. Even HSC is far behind state of the artness in terms of venue infrastructure.

Perhaps a Qualifier doesn't net enough funds to fix up a venue, let alone 3 or 4. The ICC only gave out something like a 1 million bucks, right? My guess would be it would take 1 million USD just to get floodlights, drainage work, and a big screen TV/scoreboard up at HSC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well Sports Club already have upside down towers and lights in storage. They’ve been there for many many years. Quite why they’ve never sorted them out is a mystery.
Where did you get the figure or a million bucks that ICC allocated for ground refurb?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Sports Club already have an electronic screen. I’m old school, I love the manual tower.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:41 am
Sports Club already have an electronic screen. I’m old school, I love the manual tower.
I do as well, I think there's something traditional about it.