Graeme Cremer interview

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Graeme Cremer interview

Post by jaybro »

Good interview here although just the 5 minutes there are some crucial points to take from it

Cephas will be given a chance to open with Mire so Zimbabwe now have their very own ‘bash brothers’ at the top of the order.

Zimbabwe will play 3 seamers and 1 spinner plus ‘so called allrounders’ he mention Raza, Mire & Williams. Has Hamilton given up bowling ?

Described Cephas as a good team man and the squad know him very well and are happy to have him around

Williams has the last screw taken out of his finger tomorrow, Cremer said he’ll be ready for the Group stages which is good.

From what he said this will be the side

Cephas
Mire
Hamilton
BT
Ervine
Raza
Williams / Waller
Cremer
Vitori
Chatara
Jarvis / Blessing

https://www.icc-cricket.com/video/630143
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Re: Graeme Cremer interview

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Yeah thats the XI that seems likely based on Cremer's interview.

The other salient point you missed which is perhaps most crucial in this entire tournament for ZIM is where Cremer said they will play their "best XI". This would explain why they were so reluctant to change their squad during the AFG series. This means Chisoro is very much a backup, and Waller is also probably a backup to Williams. I think its a good idea to basically stick to one XI because you don't want nervous guys in a crunch match worried more about their position on the team rather than winning the match and getting into the Final.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:50 am
Good interview here although just the 5 minutes there are some crucial points to take from it

Cephas will be given a chance to open with Mire so Zimbabwe now have their very own ‘bash brothers’ at the top of the ord

Cephas
Mire
Hamilton
BT
Ervine
Raza
Williams / Waller
Cremer
Vitori
Chatara
Jarvis / Blessing

https://www.icc-cricket.com/video/630143
I would pretty much want the same 11 but have mixed feelings about the order of cephas and mire both open the innings then who plays the finisher role ? ..also Ervine at no 5 makes me uncomfortable ..he should be at 3 or 4 max ..cause he needs time to build innings ..also Raza (arguably our best batsman based on current form) at no 6 seems a bit like waste ..my 11 would also remain the same only if order could be sorted out

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Its look great combination with Zhuwao & Mire bat freely at the top and Masakadza at 3, showing strong and depth in the middle order. 9 wickets to the spinners in Scotland v/s Papua New Guinea warm up game in Queen's Sports Club, Bulawayo where Zimbabwe will play all their games, seems the nature of pitch has'nt changed, remained slow and continue to assist spinners even by work done by the ICC appointed Curator.

Tough time waits for Zimbabwe batsman facing three asian sides in that track,as we show Zimbabwe recently had no clue how to counter spin. Zimbabwe will surely come out with 8+3 combination, as a measure to counter spin.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Was actually thinking an 8-3 would be the end of Jarvis in this format.

Cephas and Solomon could go really well or really terrible but I think against Afghanistan he needs to play because they haven't faced him yet. He could catch them by surprise. They know Hami and Mire are not good with spin and from what I have heard Cephas can really destroy spinners if he gets in. Isn't he a leftie too? Something different

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

The only way we will beat Afghanistan is with an explosive start. Rashid Khan is too dangerous later on

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:58 am
The only way we will beat Afghanistan is with an explosive start. Rashid Khan is too dangerous later on
He only bowled 3 overs against the West Indians yesterday and still managed a few wickets towards the end. He's used very smartly, but like you rightly said, if somebody gets after the spinners early on he'll be brought on much earlier.

But what a bowler he is, a real freak of a find from Afghanistans point of view.

I'd still go with an 8-3 combination..

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

He's very chilled, isn't he :D

Would be all agree that this is the best squad to have been selected for the past 14 years?

I can't really think of anybody else I would like to see in. I mean, personally, I would have liked to have seen Burl or Mutombodzi ahead of Waller, but even though he's played some terrible cricket he actually has the potential to be really explosive

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Interesting times ahead. Mire/Zhuwao combo could be magic if it does come of. This should be one of the better 11s we have put out in a long time, well on paper that is. If they can come through in this tournament the better. The warm ups would have given us idea. Hoping the one set for tomorrow goes ahead.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:58 am
Zimbabwe can only win, if Afghanistan hands over Zimbabwe the game through poor cricket. 5 matches, 37 wickets by Afghan spinners in recent series, will haunt them