[MATCH THREAD] Zim v Afg WCQ Group B 7th Match

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: [MATCH THREAD] Zim v Afg WCQ Group B 7th Match

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:12 am
At the end of the day the way to get the attention of the selectors is to make big runs in franchise. Malcolm generally does better than them so how upset can they really get?
True. But now its proven Waller should be finished. When was the last time he passed 10?

Burl and Tari had a couple chances and couldnt capitalize. Chamu is in the Elton and Vusi group IMO, perhaps better than Waller, but still not good enough.

Taylor, Raza, and Ervine have carried ZIM since the last World Cup. You need to find two more reliable batters to make a group of 5 to consistently win games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:12 am
At the end of the day the way to get the attention of the selectors is to make big runs in franchise. Malcolm generally does better than them so how upset can they really get?
He hasn’t passed 50 in 14 ODI innings and it was 38 prior to the 92 v Scotland

You are right though he always scores runs in domestic cricket
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Waller is basically playing in a position where you would expect a young batsman being introduced to international cricket to play. The sad part of it all is that he seems to be making as many mistakes as a newbie would. Only we would call it learning for a newbie but Waller there are no more excuses. The guy hasn't delivered and with an average below 20, he has spend all the lives he has ever had. Time to put him in the same hat as Elton, Vusi and the like.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Vusi and Elton are actually better players than Waller to be honest. I don't think they would have done any worse with the amount of games he has had.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Vusi, Elton & Chibhabha deserve respect only because they held Zimbabwe in the tough time

In respect to performance, they were below average similar to Malcolm Waller.
Robo to rule :oops:

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

The Robot wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:38 pm
Vusi, Elton & Chibhabha deserve respect only because they held Zimbabwe in the tough time

Agreed with all of that.

I don't think Chigumbura would be doing any worse than Waller though, at least he could smoke a few DLF Maximums from time to time.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

The Robot wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:38 pm

Couldn't agree more. Elton has some dissent knocks against good attacks. At one point he was bowling at 145km/h. But those days are behind him now.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Shumba and murray should be in and around the national squad regardless of what happens