What are the chances of Ballance playing for Zimbabwe in 2019 WC?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
firebreaker

What are the chances of Ballance playing for Zimbabwe in 2019 WC?

Post by firebreaker »

I think he has a pretty good chance of playing for Zimbabwe since he doesn't seems to be in their plans for Test after Malans emergence and he's not played any LOIs since 2015 WC. I don't think he would require any qualification period as well because he was born in Zimbabwe but I am really not sure about it

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: What are the chances of Ballance playing for Zimbabwe in 2019 WC?

Post by sloandog »

firebreaker wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:21 pm
I think he has a pretty good chance of playing for Zimbabwe since he doesn't seems to be in their plans for Test after Malans emergence and he's not played any LOIs since 2015 WC. I don't think he would require any qualification period as well because he was born in Zimbabwe but I am really not sure about it
Absolutely no chance

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

He will need to requalify.

I guess it’s not the worst idea if he truly is done for England but I don’t think that’s true. Two good county seasons he’s back.

Any player can play for us after 4 yrs
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

We haven’t qualified yet haha
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

grant

Post by grant »

Andybligzz wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:25 pm
We haven’t qualified yet haha
Yeah, we still need to beat Scotland, Ireland, West Indies and probably the Netherlands :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

If you read Raza’s posts they’re ominous. Win lose or draw, come 2019 key players are moving on and it will possibly be sooner if this campaign falters.
If we’re going to resurrect our cricket even slightly the job of ZC is to try and keep this squad intact for as long as possible and to urgently bring on/find a few other players that can keep us stumbling from heart attack to heart attack. Taylor has shown in the last two games how critical a top order batsman is. His last two innings have kept us alive and justified the big contract and nullified all the nonsense. Two more shit innings from him and half the fans will be calling for his head again. The uninformed are a fickle lot.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Googly wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:19 am
If you read Raza’s posts they’re ominous. Win lose or draw, come 2019 key players are moving on and it will possibly be sooner if this campaign falters.
If we’re going to resurrect our cricket even slightly the job of ZC is to try and keep this squad intact for as long as possible and to urgently bring on/find a few other players that can keep us stumbling from heart attack to heart attack. Taylor has shown in the last two games how critical a top order batsman is. His last two innings have kept us alive and justified the big contract and nullified all the nonsense. Two more shit innings from him and half the fans will be calling for his head again. The uninformed are a fickle lot.
Yeh Taylor has really proved his worth in just 2 games he’s easily our most important player , yes raza is coming on beautifully but Taylor comes in against the new ball and redirects the innings so often. He would be our greatest odi batsman and his stats prove that , he’s played through the dark times and deserves to be there at the next World Cup. Jarvis has been the disappointment for me , it’s a shame we don’t play more red ball cricket as that is where he is better suited . Sadly I think he isn’t a threat in odis as much as I’d love him to be , blessing has grabbed every opportunity thrown at him and now the spot is his.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m not so sure about that. Harare is a different deal altogether. You can’t discount KJ.
I haven’t seen any of the Zim games or spoken to anyone that really knows his stuff about our seaming options but he’s a proven performer.
He may get another game in this round but I don’t know who would sit out.
That was some last spell by BV and Chats, but that may have been the last batters choking a bit. Having said that, you have to give those last 3 batsmen some credit, it’s highky unusual for tail enders to methodically chip away at a total like that in such a high pressure game, bloody impressive.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Jarvis has 7 wickets @35 since his return at just under 6 an over

Not spectacular but decent compared to the best Zimbabwe seamers
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Not saying Jarvis is done completely just stating at the moment there is no room for him as the current 3 seamers are doing a fantastic job and all offer something different . Would be madness to drop one of them after yesterday’s win. I really rate Jarvis and his experience is vital , just didn’t do himself any favours against Nepal .