Blessing Muzarabani

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ljriley90

Re: Blessing Muzarabani

Post by ljriley90 »

Andybligzz wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:11 pm
ljriley90 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:24 pm
say what you want about him his rise has been meteoric.

I faced him in a game v the academy and although sharp he wasn't a worry as he didn't do anything with it. In the game Mkhululi Nyathi was far more dangerous (what happened to him btw? not played any FC this year).

To me in that game it was like he was still trying to establish his stock ball and line and length. I think the academy had plucked him from nowhere and pushed him as the selectors saw a big bean pole who could get in down fast.

From what ive seen of him televised he is still trying to polish off that stock ball rhythm. Once that's fully dialled in with a decent bouncer, and couple of other variations he is going to be a really good find. Will probably fill out his frame a bit more and be a Morkel type bowler by the time hes 244/25. Just needs some help from his bowling coaches and time! Time to get dialled in, time to figure out his game and variations, time to get a couple of harsh lessons and time to be able to come back from those pumpings as a more rounded, harder personality-wise cricketer with game plans to overcome top batsman.

But gee what a boring kid, couldn't get a word out of him. He didn't really seem like he could speak properly - unless it was the weather over here!
Yet he’s playing international cricket and doing reasonably well and has already won his country a game with the ball in his hand. Maybe he’s just a shy bloke and not a loud mouth and keeps to himself , some people are like that and don’t think he’s going to really care what some random thinks of him. The kid is going places
I don't give a fuck if youre a pro cricketer or a lawyer or in the gutter. If someone says hello you give them the courtesy to say hello back - not hard. No doubt he's going places, that is not in question.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

What, he just ignored you?

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

yeah mate after the game. all the other lads were mixing in the clubhouse after the game with our players and supporters and he was sat down with mavuta and nthuli and I said to him how you finding conditions and he just got up and walked away.

Mavuta was like not sure what his problem is! only thing is a think I could have pissed him for hitting a couple of boundaries? one I meant, one was a snicko.

on that note every other lad was really friendly and more than keen to hang out. very nice lads.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

ljriley90 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:16 pm
yeah mate after the game. all the other lads were mixing in the clubhouse after the game with our players and supporters and he was sat down with mavuta and nthuli and I said to him how you finding conditions and he just got up and walked away.

Mavuta was like not sure what his problem is! only thing is a think I could have pissed him for hitting a couple of boundaries? one I meant, one was a snicko.

on that note every other lad was really friendly and more than keen to hang out. very nice lads.
:lol: :lol: That actually made me laugh a bit.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

yeah thats not just rudeness, that an outright 'i have an issue with you'.

Blessing needs to be dropped from the squad regardless after this tournament.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:52 pm

It's just a hunch, and I may be wrong, but I think that just maybe, only maybe...you might have an agenda against him.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:37 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:52 pm

It's just a hunch, and I may be wrong, but I think that just maybe, only maybe...you might have an agenda against him.
You caught me,
Part of a secret government conspiracy to remove him from the ODI team (but leave him in tests).

My covers blown!!
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Terrific outstretched catch by Blessing today.

It really set the tone for our fielding, we didn't miss a single chance.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

We should make Blessing open the batting, that will teach him not to be rude to forumites!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I couldn't help but think that this lad had a little arrogance about him as I watched the game last night. Not so much in a good way. Could just be the way he comes across on the screen with his expressions and so on.