Blessing Muzarabani

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Blessing Muzarabani

Post by tawac »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:32 am
Mire is like Elton he’s a reluctant bowler he just wants to come in have a slog then sit in the outfield and say dream
Elton did bowl a fair bit quite early on in his career. Its when he started have side strain issues that he became reluctant to bowl. I remember even Panyangara was side lined for quite a bit with the same problem. Mire wouldn't have the same problem would he? He and Hammy haven't bowled in a while. They would have been useful in situations were we only had the two frontline seamers.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

say what you want about him his rise has been meteoric.

I faced him in a game v the academy and although sharp he wasn't a worry as he didn't do anything with it. In the game Mkhululi Nyathi was far more dangerous (what happened to him btw? not played any FC this year).

To me in that game it was like he was still trying to establish his stock ball and line and length. I think the academy had plucked him from nowhere and pushed him as the selectors saw a big bean pole who could get in down fast.

From what ive seen of him televised he is still trying to polish off that stock ball rhythm. Once that's fully dialled in with a decent bouncer, and couple of other variations he is going to be a really good find. Will probably fill out his frame a bit more and be a Morkel type bowler by the time hes 244/25. Just needs some help from his bowling coaches and time! Time to get dialled in, time to figure out his game and variations, time to get a couple of harsh lessons and time to be able to come back from those pumpings as a more rounded, harder personality-wise cricketer with game plans to overcome top batsman.

But gee what a boring kid, couldn't get a word out of him. He didn't really seem like he could speak properly - unless it was the weather over here!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Virat Kohli will go into the umpires room and yell at them for 10 minutes and escape sanction. Kohli can at least back hi talk up with runs. Warner on the other hand is only useful in Australian conditions.
I feel Kohli is a flat track bully as well. Dont actully have the stats to prove it, but thats my perception.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

As for Blessing I said it before the SCO game...this kid has something special. Jarvis has been top notch with the red ball, but he's a 125 kph trundler now. Chatara too is now a trundler, but has been consistent. But Blessing has been blowing opposition away. He's alread got a couple 4-fers. And he did a fantastic job to hold his nerve and ensure ZIM didn't lose the SCO game. Not easy to do defending a subpar total like 210.

Jarvis, Chatara, and Blessing form a very very useful pace attack and I can already see Blessing being the leader of that attack. He has height and pace and is a wicket taker. Just needs to work on his accuracy a bit more.

After over a decade of guys like Panyangara, Madziva, Chinoya, Mpofu, you'd think everyone on here would be a fan. The difference in quality by those guys and Blessing isn't even a comparison.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:22 pm
eugene wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Virat Kohli will go into the umpires room and yell at them for 10 minutes and escape sanction. Kohli can at least back hi talk up with runs. Warner on the other hand is only useful in Australian conditions.
I feel Kohli is a flat track bully as well. Dont actully have the stats to prove it, but thats my perception.
Yeah I don't know about that. Kohli has performed well overseas, certainly by Indian standards.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:40 pm

Yeah I don't know about that. Kohli has performed well overseas, certainly by Indian standards.
Barring a few I think its mostly been on dead pitches tho.

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

ljriley90 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:24 pm
say what you want about him his rise has been meteoric.

I faced him in a game v the academy and although sharp he wasn't a worry as he didn't do anything with it. In the game Mkhululi Nyathi was far more dangerous (what happened to him btw? not played any FC this year).

To me in that game it was like he was still trying to establish his stock ball and line and length. I think the academy had plucked him from nowhere and pushed him as the selectors saw a big bean pole who could get in down fast.

From what ive seen of him televised he is still trying to polish off that stock ball rhythm. Once that's fully dialled in with a decent bouncer, and couple of other variations he is going to be a really good find. Will probably fill out his frame a bit more and be a Morkel type bowler by the time hes 244/25. Just needs some help from his bowling coaches and time! Time to get dialled in, time to figure out his game and variations, time to get a couple of harsh lessons and time to be able to come back from those pumpings as a more rounded, harder personality-wise cricketer with game plans to overcome top batsman.

But gee what a boring kid, couldn't get a word out of him. He didn't really seem like he could speak properly - unless it was the weather over here!
Yet he’s playing international cricket and doing reasonably well and has already won his country a game with the ball in his hand. Maybe he’s just a shy bloke and not a loud mouth and keeps to himself , some people are like that and don’t think he’s going to really care what some random thinks of him. The kid is going places
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

firebreaker

Post by firebreaker »

Mire is prolly a better bowler than Blessing but what really surprises me about him is his fielding I mean for someone who has played most of cricket in Australia he's pathetic

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

firebreaker wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:09 pm
Mire is prolly a better bowler than Blessing but what really surprises me about him is his fielding I mean for someone who has played most of cricket in Australia he's pathetic
Mire has consistent pace but no accuracy at all.

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:41 pm
eugene wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:40 pm

Barring a few I think its mostly been on dead pitches tho.
You’re like me with Steve Smith. I hate him but I just have to accept the guys a tank. Kohli is a tank, outside India too. He was averaging over 100 with like 3 tonnes against south africa in the ODI series.

Yes its not a test match but those decks were insane and he held his nerve there too.

Back to Blessing - Can’t understand the hate he is doing well with so much ahead of him. Hopefully he keeps going good and we’ll be cheering