Blessing Muzarabani

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Blessing Muzarabani

Post by TapsC »

Going back to Blessing. He hasn't even played 20 games his whole career. All 11 of his list A games were for the national team. The guys who decided he must bowl at the death are to blame. Not him. He has only been playing professional cricket for about 6 months now. His rise has been spectacular. Keeping Jarvis on the bench. Incredible if you really think about it.

http://m.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe/cont ... 27051.html

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:37 am
Going back to Blessing. He hasn't even played 20 games his whole career. All 11 of his list A games were for the national team. The guys who decided he must bowl at the death are to blame. Not him. He has only been playing professional cricket for about 6 months now. His rise has been spectacular. Keeping Jarvis on the bench. Incredible if you really think about it.
Absolutely. And let's not forget that he played a vital role in the import win against Afg.

As I said in the match thread, it's not his fault that he was picked in a two men seam attack (and no seam-bowling allrounders), which means bowling at the death--that is too big an ask at this stage. In ODIs he is a big asset bowling first change and as a real wicket-taking option in the middle overs. And tbh, Chatara and Jarvis are no superstars at the death either.

I haven't watched the televised matches from HSC but looking at the scores the pitches are probably not as slow and low as Queens in the later matches. Does anyone know whether they will use fresh pitches in the Super6 or one's already played on? Still, I'd be inclined to go with Larry, Jarvis and Blessing + Cremer.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Blessing has done pretty well for a newbie. Its was always a gamble playing 2 seamers with blessing being the second option. Chatara hasn't done too well in the death overs. For the time being Blessing really has to be a third seamer. He did well to get that last wicket in the Scotland game but it was always going to be hit or miss.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Flakeman, the DOGG and a few others here are being very very harsh on this kid. I was an avid critic when he first started as I thought he was going to be timid 78mph trundler, especially after the 4 day test match.

You can already tell since then that his run up has been smoothened out, with his approach to the wicket getting quicker (hence his increase in pace).
He is 21..and very inexperienced and literally learning on the job. Give him a break! He and Sikander Raza really pulled it back against the Afghans, and he held his nerve enough yesterday to salvage a draw after our diabolical batting.

Yes he may be expensive and yes, he may not have the variation yet, but does he take wickets? Does a bear shit in the woods?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don’t understand why Solly and Mire haven’t been given a few overs, not even in the last tour. They’re both useful part timers.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:12 am
I don’t understand why Solly and Mire haven’t been given a few overs, not even in the last tour. They’re both useful part timers.
Who's Solly?

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Mire is like Elton he’s a reluctant bowler he just wants to come in have a slog then sit in the outfield and say dream

Speaking of Mire he’s long overdue for a score 16 ODI innings with a 50 is approaching Waller territory
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

Shite my bad. I meant Solly (Mire) and Hamilton.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:09 am
Flakeman, the DOGG and a few others here are being very very harsh on this kid. I was an avid critic when he first started as I thought he was going to be timid 78mph trundler, especially after the 4 day test match.

You can already tell since then that his run up has been smoothened out, with his approach to the wicket getting quicker (hence his increase in pace).
He is 21..and very inexperienced and literally learning on the job. Give him a break! He and Sikander Raza really pulled it back against the Afghans, and he held his nerve enough yesterday to salvage a draw after our diabolical batting.

Yes he may be expensive and yes, he may not have the variation yet, but does he take wickets? Does a bear shit in the woods?
Thank you Sloan , saved me from writing this myself . Kid is full of potential and probably my favourite player in the team besides the messiah
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

There's no justification for knocking Blessing. Kid has been thrown in at the deep end and had to learn on the job. Has not had the chance like Rabada and co have. He is a talented player and can really become a major threat under the right guidance.

The batsmen need to come to the party and pull their weight. Give the bowlers more to work with. If they do that, then it makes the bowlers job a little easier. At the moment, every little mistake from the bowler gets scrutinised because they are defending low totals and have little room for error.