Blessing Muzarabani

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Blessing Muzarabani

Post by Googly »

I heard from someone on the inside there that there’s going to be a chunk of retirements after the WC. That would be Steyn, Morkel, AB, Hash, maybe Miller, Elgar and a few more out of their franchise system.
You pick Steyn and Morkel ahead of Ngidi. And Steyn ahead of Morkel. The guy is a machine.
I’d pick a fit Steyn ahead of Philander, but that’s just me.
Steyn is one of the greats and whilst he wants to play and he’s firing then he must play. He’s a proud man and will know when to step down.
Their franchise is on a par with their club cricket from 20 years ago. It’s the same old bullshit, denying quality youngsters access to professional cricket.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Wow, really? Their club cricket was as strong as the current FC level :shock:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Their prem club is still good. Quite a few guys in there who should be playing FC. In days gone by their club cricket was unbelievable. I’m just telling you that their cricket is going downhill faster than people believe.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:19 pm
Their prem club is still good. Quite a few guys in there who should be playing FC. In days gone by their club cricket was unbelievable. I’m just telling you that their cricket is going downhill faster than people believe.
Scary isn't it. I mean they have (for the time being) got some good young black cricketers in and around the squad, but are there anymore coming through to fill the quota system??

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't select Dale Steyn unless he could get through a couple of first class games under his belt. Obviously he is still a suberb bowler, but it is hard to have full confidence in Steyn when he has let South Africa down fitness wise too many times recently.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Continental Africa always finds a way of fucking itself
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well the rehab that Steyn out himself through after his shoulder injury was nothing short of superhuman. He’s been one of the hard men for sure. The other foot injury was just bad luck. Let’s see what happens with him, but how they’ve just treated Morkel will deflate a few guys.

Their grass roots system is good. They’re producing some decent cricketers for sure. But I’m not seeing a batting star yet, there’s no Markram or are Kock materialising, and I’m watching carefully.
But if you have quota where you need 7 players of colour and some really good white players are being prejudiced of opportunities then you’re never going to know if it’s really working are you?
If you really want to see how good it is give the white guys the same chance and let them choose fairly at the end. It’s more of the same in that there’s less corporate interest now as well. The white companies are not that predisposed towards the racial slant and the black companies, of which there are many, are not that interested in the game. It’s just like what happened here, why would it be any different?
I’ve watched quite a bit of their age group stuff and have friends who are involved and there are no brilliant young black batters coming through, some good ones- yes, brilliant-no.
Here’s the problem- when youngsters see that the likelihood of them having a pro career are slim a huge amount of them take their foot off the pedal.
Just watch and see, SA cricket is in trouble. They will always be very competitive, but after this next WC they will never be contenders again.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

To be honest I think Steyn is done. Can you really trust that he isn't going to break down at some point on tour?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Just wish Blessing had that aggression you see in Rabada. We need a bowler like that. Unfortunately confidence is something you can't teach

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

TapsC wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:42 pm
Just wish Blessing had that aggression you see in Rabada. We need a bowler like that. Unfortunately confidence is something you can't teach
Rabada is a complete knobhead , I respect him as a cricketer but Him as a person no thanks. Before the 2nd test got underway he was being asked quaestions about himself and David Warner and simply said “ I have learnt my mistakes and must move on , we are here to play cricket “ 2 days later makes contact with smith and a day later screams in Warner’s face after bowling a Jaffa to clean rip him. He showed his immaturity and respect for the game. Yes the Aussies give it a lot but now rabada is just as bad and already has a bad reputation in the game , which is a shame because of how good
Is / will be .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!