Vitori Suspended

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
PSR
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Vitori Suspended

Post by PSR »

jimbo wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:01 pm
Feel very sorry for him.

Opportunity for ngarava perhaps.
Ngarava no way ...he usually goes for lots of runs and is inconsistent

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

PSR wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:03 pm
jimbo wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:01 pm
Feel very sorry for him.

Opportunity for ngarava perhaps.
Ngarava no way ...he usually goes for lots of runs and is inconsistent
He's already been drafted into the squad.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

I thought ngarava did very well against afganistsn in his debut series. He had a bad game against scotland and we didnt really see him again.
Like it or not he is the one streak and taibu believe is the future.
Time will tell

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

jimbo wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:21 pm
I thought ngarava did very well against afganistsn in his debut series. He had a bad game against scotland and we didnt really see him again.
Like it or not he is the one streak and taibu believe is the future.
Time will tell
He did pretty well in the games against Kenya. Perhaps that's why he has peeped the default setting - Mpofu!
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Googly

Post by Googly »

Jarvis is back in play. I have no problems with that

Ming
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Ming »

Muzarabani becomes key here...I hope he's well managed.
Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by SpitfiresKent »

I'm not surprised to be honest, his action looked exactly the same when he returned in that series against Afghanistan.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I would have preferred Mpofu to Ngarava. Mpofu may not be the most exciting, but he is experienced and is usually reliable.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

eugene wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:48 pm
I would have preferred Mpofu to Ngarava. Mpofu may not be the most exciting, but he is experienced and is usually reliable.
Streak is after variation i feel. In chatara mpofu and jarvis you would have much of a muchness.

So you get the towering presence of blessing who can extract extra bounce. Ngarava would be the left armer and one conventional out of jarvis/chatara and of course the leggie cremer orthodox spin of raza and left arm spin of Williams
I think he covering all bases. We are still good with the squad we have......minus waller

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I'm not sure this is proper ICC procedure. How do you ban a guy without an actual test? Then again Vitori is probably the first player to be reported 3 times in the space of 5 games. And who knows how much he was bending his arm off camera.

The protocol does change. First ban, you can get retested the next day if you want. Second ban, you have to wait 12 months just to get re-tested - which Vitori did and which is why he only came back a few weeks ago. Not sure what the 3rd ban penalties are. I had assumed it was a lifetime ban, but Mohammad Hafeez is also a fellow triple-ban bowler and he's still around from what i can tell (his career is probably finally over though).

Honestly Vitori isn't a great loss for ZIM, IMO. Blessing is a much better wicket taker, Chatara has better control. And in red ball Jarvis and Blessing would be far better prospects. Besides, Mumba is waiting in the wings, and possibly this Ngarava kid as well. ZIM actually have the strongest pace bowling that have probably ever had, certainly since the Rebels left in 2004. A far cry from when Panyangara and Tiripano or Madziva had the ball in their hands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)