[MATCH THREAD] ZIM v SCO CWCQ Game 20

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: [MATCH THREAD] ZIM v SCO CWCQ Game 20

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I think the tie could end up being as good as a win for us, providing that:
  • WI and Ireland both defeat Scotland because nobody else will have that extra point.
  • Or, if Scotland beat one of those teams - we keep a superior NRR

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Yea, the Zimbabwe Ireland game is going to be particularly spicy, and that's without the added factor of the rivalry.
Our bowlers have once again salvaged something from the jaws of defeat, it's high time our damn batters show up and show some fight! Sick to death of seeing our top order fail with that all too famous collapse.
Mazakadza, Mire, Taylor and Raza need to make sure they fire against the Irish.

Some great fight shown there by Scotland though, wasn't there. They definetly watched braveheart at the tea break

zimbot

Post by zimbot »

foreignfield wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:20 pm
Provisional Super6 table

WI 4 point
Scot 3 points
Zim 3 points
Ireland 2
UAE 0
Afg 0

Ireland are boosting their NRR big time today. We're slightly behind the Scots on NRR.
- Ireland lose to Afghanistan.
- Scotland lose to Ireland.
- We all lose to the West Indies
- We beat both the UAE and Ireland.

We'll be through. However, with the way Ireland are playing and how our batting has been erratic I just don't see us beating them.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

We did beat the Windies the last time we played so they're not insurmountable. http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8625 ... s-2016-17/

before that a tie
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8625 ... s-2016-17/

We are in a decent position. Probably way better than anyone predicted.

PSR

Post by PSR »

Even if we had won today...we WOULD HAVVVVEEE to beat Ireland....since we wouldn't have been able to beat them on NRR after their win today..

So all in all a good and ideal result for us

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:28 pm
Yea, the Zimbabwe Ireland game is going to be particularly spicy, and that's without the added factor of the rivalry.
Our bowlers have once again salvaged something from the jaws of defeat, it's high time our damn batters show up and show some fight! Sick to death of seeing our top order fail with that all too famous collapse.
Mazakadza, Mire, Taylor and Raza need to make sure they fire against the Irish.

Some great fight shown there by Scotland though, wasn't there. They definetly watched braveheart at the tea break
Based on form, we have no hope against Ireland. We've limped along in this tournament, as you say the bowlers have provided respectability after the batsmen have done bugger-all.

I just hope that it all clicks against Ireland, we need a bit of luck.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and for me Blessing is a gem. The fact that Jarvis is on the bench shows how highly rated he is by the squad. It's not like the batting department where we don't have options. There is healthy competition for a bowling spot. The kid was given 2 runs to defend in a must win game

To me the equation hasn't changed at all. We had all budgeted a loss to Afghanistan so it's not too bad. In the end it was always going to come down to the Ireland game. We beat them we qualify.

Afghanistan qualifying has also really boosted our hopes. They will knock over at least 2 of those guys. Believe me. Scotland/Ireland will be very close too. We still have our fate in our hands which is important. Had Scotland won it would have been a different story.

Looking at it now are group came out with stronger teams. Ireland basically have 3 tough games. I would say we have 2. So do Scotland.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Ireland just massively boosted their NRR. I wonder how crucial that will be. Very if there are washouts in the S6s.

It all hinges on Afghanistan. They have known for days that their only shot is to win all 3 games. This tie means AFG are through if they win all 3 games.

super 6 stage is only going to be more heart stopping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Agree with DOGG. He has no radar at all. He picks up wickets and always will due to his height and bounce, but when accuracy and death bowling is the order of the day, please...just no. Mindless captaincy there.

Anyway....We finish top of the Group and I’m unsure why someone said we are beneath Scotland. Means all our games are televised now and are at HSC. Should be interesting. What a tournament this is.

PSR

Post by PSR »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:33 pm
Ireland just massively boosted their NRR. I wonder how crucial that will be. Very if there are washouts in the S6s.

It all hinges on Afghanistan. They have known for days that their only shot is to win all 3 games. This tie means AFG are through if they win all 3 games.

super 6 stage is only going to be more heart stopping.
NRR won't matter now..We have to beat them at all costs