[MATCH THREAD] ZIM v SCO CWCQ Game 20

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

[MATCH THREAD] ZIM v SCO CWCQ Game 20

Post by jaybro »

Another huge game today against Scotland I feel every game I say it's huge but in tournament with this format and with so much at stake the only game that doesn't mean anything is the final :D

Scotland have been super impressive so far we all knew how dangerous their bowling lineup can be but it's been the bowling unit which has surprised me, they were able to restrict Afghanistan early and made light work of Nepal & Hong Kong. It saying this I feel Zimbabwe matches up well against Scotland as their bowling attack lacks are real dangerous spinner which has been our Achilles heel for some time now.

Streak and Cremer really have the boys firing at the right time with Mire and Zhuwao getting us off to fast starts ( except for the Afghanistan game ) whilst Hamilton, BT and Raza have all been amongst the runs. In the bowling department it's been Raza who is taking the wickets with 9 so far !!! Chatara and Jarvis really killed off Hong Kong with early wickets and tight bowling plus Blessing had his match winning performance against Afghanistan. Cremer has been good without having to take a bag of wickets but this might be his game to shine as he already has a 5 wicket bag against the Scots.

I would be very tempted to Bowl first against these guys just because the way they chased down the Afghans but I haven't seen the pitches they've played on so I reckon if we win the toss they'll bowl again like they have done throughout. Coetzer, McLeod & Cross are the dangers with the bat although Cross has been out of touch this tournament so far, pressure is on Larry & KJ to make early inroads.

Zimbabwe & Scotland have only ever played each other on three occasions two of which were ODI's in last June's 2 match ODI series which were split 1-1, the other meeting was in the 2016 t20 WC where Scotland squandered a good bowling performance to succumb to a Wellington Masakadza 4 for.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8038 ... iers-2018/

For a match preview -

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/641796
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Andybligzz

Re: [MATCH THREAD] ZIM v SCO CWCQ Game 20

Post by Andybligzz »

Yeh massive game spewing it’s not on tv , the windies and the Dutch are on instead . Will be monitoring this very closely , if we can win this I’m calling it we will make the World Cup . Hoping for a big game for ervine and Williams , rest of the team has all contributed so far and will be a huge boost for the squad having those 2 firing. I’m also backing blessing to have a good spell as the Scots won’t like his pace and bounce , let’s go zim 🇿🇼🇿🇼
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I am pissed off that Willow TV has the broadcasting rights in the USA but is only showing the games on their tv channel and not their online channel. They did the same thing with the Under-19 CWC also. Anyway, I think Zimbabwe have got this and a win is a must for qualification.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Won the toss and batting again. Our openers have it all to do. They have to turn up if we are going to have a chance here.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

PSR

Post by PSR »

Chisoro in for Jarvis..Good decision considering there is something for the spinners at this venue

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

PSR wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:16 am
Chisoro in for Jarvis..Good decision considering there is something for the spinners at this venue
No sure about that remember we have cremer,williams and raza. This means we only have the two seamers. If one of them has and off day, then we are in trouble.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

PSR

Post by PSR »

Wow..16 of the first over

Ming
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Ming »

Cephas the great! Taking no prisoners.😂
Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

grant

Post by grant »

Zhuwao! :4: :4: :6:

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

tawac wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:37 am
PSR wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:16 am
No sure about that remember we have cremer,williams and raza. This means we only have the two seamers. If one of them has and off day, then we are in trouble.
It is probably based on how the pitch played the other day, but I really liked our three seamers combo so far because with Blessing it gives us a different wicket-taking option in the middle overs instead of 30 overs of spin. And with Williams back I don't see the need for Chisor tbh. Also this is added pressure for Blessing whom we haven't seen bowl at the death for example.