[MATCH THREAD] ZIM v SCO CWCQ Game 20

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: [MATCH THREAD] ZIM v SCO CWCQ Game 20

Post by TapsC »

ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:57 pm
SOo theoretically if Zim amd Afg win all their matches (and Scotland lose all of theirs) then both teams will qualify?
Nope. The West Indies will have the same number of points as Afghanistan so it wouldn't be a given.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Apparently in the Super Sixes tied games will be decided with a Super Over. Why not have that rule in effect for the group stage also?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:16 am
Way to go Jaybro, ignoring my match thread and just making your own :evil:
Sorry Dogg I think we typing at the same time you can have next match if you like 😅
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

we Aren’t winning at our best which is only a good thing , I knew the Scots would crumble ! If our batting clicks this comp is in danger , id be going for the 8-3 next game it’s the only way we can survive against the likes of windies ect . Pj had to come into the side in my eyes
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:48 pm
Beat Ireland and UAE and we are in, if we can't beat those two we don't deserve to qualify.
This

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I don’t get all the hate for Blessing

Yes he didn’t have his best day but he did take that last wicket to tie it

I think Streak & Cremer made the right call bringing in Chisoro for KJ, jarvey would have struggled I reckon looking at how Blessing and Chatara were punished.

Our bowling is fine if anything it’s better than I can ever remember !!! It’s our batting that keeps letting us down, from what I can see ( which isn’t much ) there seems to be no real plan apart from go out there and play your shots which is ok when you’re Australia or India but I think we need a plan A,B & C.

Plan A of letting Mire & Zhuwao go out there and go nuts is ok I’m even fine if an early wicket falls to keep going nuts but once we’re 2 down inside 10 guys like Hami & BT really need to start batting at 75 runs a ball not 95. We’ve lost too many wickets this tournament and tbh if we had just tried to keep wickets in hand this match and score 250 instead of going for 280 we would have won easy.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:46 pm
sloandog wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:15 pm
The Zimbabwe Cricket Facebook page's recent post really made me laugh :lol: So polite but at the same time not giving the Afghan supporters any room for over confidence. You'll know what I mean when you read it :lol: :D
Just checked out the page for the first time :D

Who runs that page? Major troll :lol:

There are lots of racist Asian fans there too. I have always heard people saying that Asians are even more racist than white people these days. Would be interesting to do some more digging on that. Sad to see. I dont know where their superiority complex comes from. Really don't get that one.
'Are even'
Man you have no idea.
White are not racist at all as a whole. At all (exception:Russians).
Otherwise, white countries would not be the most multicultural, not be the most desired to move to, and we wouldnt have the term social justice warrior connotated to the white liberal.

In fact, this isnt a slur on you but just that comment alone I can tell that you do not live around Asian people or interact with them much at all. Otherwise this information would just be a given. You never would have thought otherwise.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:07 pm
TapsC wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:00 pm
Man.... so many things can happen. Did we finish first? I'm assuming from the group stage we finished first but in the super 6 stage Scotland have a better NRR?

I have been saying this for a long time. The rain is going to knock somebody out. I just hope it's not us.. the best washout we could have would be against the West Indies. Who ever gets a washout against them will gain heavily
Good point, I forgot about that. Washouts would result in 1 point each as well...

Best case scenario is only one game in the tournament is washed out: Zim vs WI
It’s actually kind of irrelevant believe it or not whether we even win the West Indies game (unless they slip up elsewhere) if we lose to Ireland.

If we beat windies and UAE but lose to ireland we are 7 points, but you’d expect the Irish to waltz the other two which will give them 8 points.

It’s all ireland now
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:27 pm
TapsC wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:46 pm
sloandog wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:15 pm
The Zimbabwe Cricket Facebook page's recent post really made me laugh :lol: So polite but at the same time not giving the Afghan supporters any room for over confidence. You'll know what I mean when you read it :lol: :D
Just checked out the page for the first time :D

Who runs that page? Major troll :lol:

There are lots of racist Asian fans there too. I have always heard people saying that Asians are even more racist than white people these days. Would be interesting to do some more digging on that. Sad to see. I dont know where their superiority complex comes from. Really don't get that one.
'Are even'
Man you have no idea.
White are not racist at all as a whole. At all (exception:Russians).
Otherwise, white countries would not be the most multicultural, not be the most desired to move to, and we wouldnt have the term social justice warrior connotated to the white liberal.

In fact, this isnt a slur on you but just that comment alone I can tell that you do not live around Asian people or interact with them much at all. Otherwise this information would just be a given. You never would have thought otherwise.
Well I have only ever lived with one Asian guy before and he was cool but he had some American in him. He did say something about his circles not really accepting North African Muslims before and it caught me by surpise. Even the whole slave trade in Libya caught me by surprise. To bad the stupid organization called the AU is run by dictators only concerned about keeping themselves in power. They should have sent a force there to clean that up. Now seeing some of those comments makes me believe it's true. Funny thing is I don't see why they would think they are so much better than us. Only difference is Oil money to me.

Black people are also very anti-muslim in Zimbabwe. I will admit that. I don't know where that hate comes from but it's there. Blame CNN.

I would honestly say the white people I have lived with and interacted with are cool. The only place where I feel the tension is South Africa to be fair. That's a war zone in the making. There are just some places I can walk into in South Africa and immediately feel uncomfortable.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:50 am
There are just some places I can walk into in South Africa and immediately feel uncomfortable.
Where like mate? When I went to South Africa in 2015 to watch England, I felt really uncomfortable in Jo'Berg downtown. The looks I was getting :?