2018 WCQ: Initial Super 6 Points Table

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: 2018 WCQ: Initial Super 6 Points Table

Post by Googly »

They could definitely throw a game if they’re already out, and make some money!
That game might turn out to be vital for us.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

There are a lot if strong friendships between the Zimbabwe & Afghanistan players as well from their time together in BPL, Shapgeeza t20 etc

I often see Raza, Cremer & Burl interact with Rashid and co.

I doubt they throw a game to knock us out especially against Ireland who they also have a healthy rivalry with
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

me_amirali

Post by me_amirali »

It's interesting how people on this forum casually accuse the Afghans of throwing away a game or lying about the age of their players etc.
And how can I forget the gross generalization of all Asian teams.

There's some serious hate for the Afghans here.

I have been following this forum for at least six-seven years, never saw such strong emotions before.

PS: I am not an Afghan cricket fan

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

me_amirali wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:48 am
It's interesting how people on this forum casually accuse the Afghans of throwing away a game or lying about the age of their players etc.

I have been following this forum for at least six-seven years, never saw such strong emotions before.

You’re a bit touchy aren’t you pal lol

Everybody all over the world is suspect on some of these Afghanistan players age just like they were concerning Pakistan players back in the day

Have a look on Facebook and Twitter and see what they’re saying about us 👊🏼
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:54 am

I remember the one time Tamim described our bowling attack of Vitori Jarvis and Chatara as very ordinary :lol: that created a bit of tension but I would say it's been ok overall. I think it will come back when Bangladesh goes down to Zim as they will be expected to win but it won't be as easy if we play in seam friendly conditions. Wasn't Mushfiqur once fired from the captain's position after a Zim tour?
The banter between fans though has been decent. But I don't follow any of the ZIM pages on facebook so maybe there's been shit on there. The Bangladeshi fans aren't a particularly polite bunch, lol.

Mushfiq resigned after the 2013 tour, but was convinced to stay on by the brass. Shakib and Tamim were fired from captaincy and vice-captaincy after the 2011 "ordinary" tour of ZIM as their performance in the 2011 world cup was also quite poor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

me_amirali wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:48 am

The age accusation is not casual, it's completely heartfelt. They lie about the age of their U19's more than any other team. Rashid Khan is obviously the most notable one, and it wouldn't be that hard to find out how old he actually is. He's 26, by the way.
If their last game against Ireland is a dead rubber for them, will they play for pride or will they play for money? Its a fair question.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And which associate or full member side would honestly have a 19 year old captain?
I'm not hung up on it, Zim are also cheats, does that make you feel better?
I'd like to see bans on people who are prepared to cheat and censure of their governing bodies.

Googly

Post by Googly »

http://www.herald.co.zw/zim-uunder-19-c ... ert-storm/

Lest we forget. Forget the "it was an honest mistake" horseshit as well. ZC were repeatedly asked why they were picking over agers. The ICC and the tournament organisers were also well briefed ahead of time by numerous people, so they were complicit. Clearly cheating at some level is ok, the cheating limits should just be made clearer. :lol:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

If Rashid Khan is 19 he will surely turn out to be one of the greatest cricketers of all time

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:54 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:48 am
Googly wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:24 am
There seems to be a lot of animosity developing between Afghanistan and Zimbabwe.
What happens if the Afghans are out early and we need them to win against Ireland on the 23rd?
Theres beef between the Irish and the ZIM fans too. Accusations of Irish being overly arrogant (I don't agree). I think the Irish have always been confident and felt that if ZIM and BD have Test they should too. The Afghans on the other hand are overly cocky as every other Asian side, barring Sri Lanka. Looks like the Nepalis are the same way.

There was never any significant beef between BD and ZIM, was there? And that was an intense rivalry for almost a decade circa 2005-2013.
I remember the one time Tamim described our bowling attack of Vitori Jarvis and Chatara as very ordinary :lol: that created a bit of tension but I would say it's been ok overall. I think it will come back when Bangladesh goes down to Zim as they will be expected to win but it won't be as easy if we play in seam friendly conditions. Wasn't Mushfiqur once fired from the captain's position after a Zim tour?
He quit by himself in one of his more famous sulks.