[Match Thread: Ireland v Zimbabwe HSC]

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimbo

Re: [Match Thread: Ireland v Zimbabwe HSC]

Post by jimbo »

Think cephas is averaging about 25 runs in the 5 games he played this tourney so he not doing too bad. Factor in he has a 150+ strike rate.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

jimbo wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:58 pm
Think cephas is averaging about 25 runs in the 5 games he played this tourney so he not doing too bad. Factor in he has a 150+ strike rate.
If it was T20 it would be a pass. We need a few more runs out of him from ODIs.

Just needs to come good (a 50+ score) in the next 2 games and he'll cement a top order spot.

tgk

Post by tgk »

While Cephas has a few problems, he is playing his part in the team. Soly on the other hand needs to pull up his socks. Both Zhuwao and Mire need to understand the art of strike rotation. That's how Kohli, Root and all the ODI successes get their big scores. For us, once the bowlers make it difficult to smash them, Cephas and Soly play big shots at good deliveries and get out. Batting needs to be sorted otherwise we seem in good shape. BT had his off day but is otherwise brilliant and Raza is the saviour. The rest of the middle order need to get things together and most importantly rotate strike. Also Chisoro should come ahead of Cremer.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Once again I watched the game and stayed off the forum just going through the comments it's so funny to see how quickly you guys right the boys off and all the dooms day comments start rolling in then a few quick wickets and it's party time again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Things I took from the game

- Our batters need a game plan they cant all just go after the bowlers carelessly as we keep getting into trouble. The main thing is to have wickets saved for the final 20 overs which we aren't doing. I really would like Hami & BT to play an innings like Balbirnie did the last night just solidify one end and let the others bat around them. Even Craig would be perfect for that role but they've dropped him down to 6.

- We had a really good day with the ball but the Irish had a bad day with the bat, Chisoro bowled really well but his 3 wickets were all off bad balls. Porterfield pulled one straight to Raza; either side of him it was 4, Joyce stepped out to a leg side delivery which was probably a wide if it didn't hit his hip and O'Brien again pulled a short ball off the top of the bat to Blessing at short fine leg.

- Cremer is in career best form with ball IMO his control is unreal right now I've never seen him bowl like this. He was always good for 1 bad ball an over but that's not happening now.

-Raza is our MVP right now with bat, ball and in the field he leads the way.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:38 pm
Fantastic stuff here! HHM sent me a bunch of crap on twitter after the Zimbabwe innings about how the Pakistani has destroyed cricket in Zimbabwe and sunk it never-seen-before lows. If we finish this game off I will greatly enjoy composing a reply to him.
Hey Eugene can you send Hhm a message from me?

I'd like to ask him how it feels to be a traitor? He claims to be Zimbabwean but he's been death-riding the side to no end and has predicted them to lose just about every game this tournament and he's no doubt been hoping for them to lose. How does it feel to know you've been hoping for your own country to fail and yet they succeeded? That must make you feel pretty shit :lol: :lol: :lol:

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:50 pm
eugene wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:38 pm
Fantastic stuff here! HHM sent me a bunch of crap on twitter after the Zimbabwe innings about how the Pakistani has destroyed cricket in Zimbabwe and sunk it never-seen-before lows. If we finish this game off I will greatly enjoy composing a reply to him.
Hey Eugene can you send Hhm a message from me?

I'd like to ask him how it feels to be a traitor? He claims to be Zimbabwean but he's been death-riding the side to no end and has predicted them to lose just about every game this tournament and he's no doubt been hoping for them to lose. How does it feel to know you've been hoping for your own country to fail and yet they succeeded? That must make you feel pretty shit :lol: :lol: :lol:
He has long denounced any zimbabwean roots.
Full Saffer. He doesnt care about the team, just likes they went through a racial purge.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:04 am

He has long denounced any zimbabwean roots.
Full Saffer. He doesnt care about the team, just likes they went through a racial purge.

No no he was still claiming it in his last stint here
pariah wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:20 pm
jaybro wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:39 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:07 pm
who are actually Zimbabwean here?

pariah for sure...googly? maehara?
Hhm is South African isn't he ?
Only my family are, but I was born in ZIM to SA( and Bots) parent which makes me both. We didn't have schools either, so I did some of my education here too. So my Zim "brothers" here should stop disowning me. :lol:
Fact is his Zim Brothers disowned him because he was a wanker not because they thought he wasn't a Zimbo :lol: :lol: :lol:

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

HHM is not a Zimbabwean I don't think. ZIMDOGGY is correct, hhm will get behind any team that undergoes a racist purge.

For what it is worth, HHM still believes the Pakistani administrator and Heath Streak are thoroughly incompetent and the only success Zim are having at the moment is because Streak was forced (by whom, I don't know) to select Zhuwao. HHM could never say a good word about any white involved with sport in Zimbabwe or South Africa. He has lost all credibility and value, and he knows it. His latest incarnations have been most disappointing. I believe he still visits the forum as a guest so he will see your message.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:05 am
HHM is not a Zimbabwean I don't think. ZIMDOGGY is correct, hhm will get behind any team that undergoes a racist purge.

See my post above he claims he is

Either way i hope he does visit and sees my post

EAD Hhm :D

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I read that 'my zim brothers' message as light hearted and not serious from hhm.

Regardless, why do you care enough to get people to send him a message?
Has he affected you that badly where three months later you need to get messages out to him?

Do you know, that kind of emotional resonance is the ultimate aim/win for a troll?

hhm's funny. I enjoy his stuff, but if I didnt, just forget him. Its like the skeleton key movie, cant hurt you if you dont buy into it.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*