[Match Thread: Ireland v Zimbabwe HSC]

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: [Match Thread: Ireland v Zimbabwe HSC]

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

If Zimbabwe defeat West Indies (big if, I don't see them dropping that game) - how much danger does that put WI in?
The ICC would be spewing if that happened.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Just off to check the Zimbabwe Cricket facebook page and ask some of the Afghans to eat some sour grapes

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I am surprised some are surprised at this victory. 211 was always going to be a competitive total and Zimbabwe's bowling is far superior to Ireland's.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

eugene wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:27 pm
I am surprised some are surprised at this victory. 211 was always going to be a competitive total and Zimbabwe's bowling is far superior to Ireland's.
We have a shocking record against Ireland in crunch games. 2007, 2015... finally we got one over them when it matters.

Ireland's problem is their team make up I suppose. The guys out there were probably same guys from 2007.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:28 pm
eugene wrote:
We have a shocking record against Ireland in crunch games. 2007, 2015... finally we got one over them when it matters.

Ireland's problem is their team make up I suppose. The guys out there were probably same guys from 2007.
Yea they have an aging side, Joyce is 39...says a lot.

Oh god, by the way :lol: did anybody see the welcome to the crease and the send off the Zimbabwe lads gave Nial O'Brian? He must have had a bit to say out there.

Additionally, something else which strikes me is that Porterfield was hurting a lot in that interview. Really didn't even acknowledge Zimbabwe, Cremer or the fans. Major sour grapes. I've always got the impression that he's never liked Zimbabwe.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

sloandog wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:38 pm
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:28 pm
eugene wrote:

Yea they have an aging side, Joyce is 39...says a lot.

Oh god, by the way :lol: did anybody see the welcome to the crease and the send off the Zimbabwe lads gave Nial O'Brian? He must have had a bit to say out there.

Additionally, something else which strikes me is that Porterfield was hurting a lot in that interview. Really didn't even acknowledge Zimbabwe, Cremer or the fans. Major sour grapes. I've always got the impression that he's never liked Zimbabwe.
The Irish hate Zim. They've been arrogant forever, it makes me very happy that we crushed them.

I hope Zimbabwe do a number on the West Indies too. I don't have a real dislike for WI, but they are the laziest cricketers in the world. At the end of that game against Afghanistan I think it was Brathwaite who was sitting down at square leg, while a ball was being bowled - swearing at God knows who for an inconsequential dropped catch.

WI have been decimated by T20 mercenaries, if they failed to qualify it'd be a good kick up the arse for the ICC to bring in this stupid 10 team format.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

eugene wrote:
Ireland are an extremely dominant batting side. Possibly best in this Comp
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Ireland’s batting has been extremely good this tournament. You’d be forgiven for thinking they would romp home. Quick wickets was key
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

What was everybody's favourite wicket?

In terms of satisfaction, the captains wicket felt pretty damn good, but the Stirling run out was my favourite. That probably sealed it, as they were starting to tick some runs over by the time he was run out.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

sloandog wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:52 pm
What was everybody's favourite wicket?

In terms of satisfaction, the captains wicket felt pretty damn good, but the Stirling run out was my favourite. That probably sealed it, as they were starting to tick some runs over by the time he was run out.
Blessing's catch was really good too.