[Match Thread: Ireland v Zimbabwe HSC]

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: [Match Thread: Ireland v Zimbabwe HSC]

Post by Kriterion_BD »

This tourney has a cuthroat format. One loss and you have a chance, two losses and you're basically done for, as the Afghans are finding out.

What that means is that it guarantees the most worthy side qualification. So far ZIM are proving that they might win the tournament outright. Only team not to have suffered a defeat as of now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:30 pm
This tourney has a cuthroat format. One loss and you have a chance, two losses and you're basically done for, as the Afghans are finding out.

What that means is that it guarantees the most worthy side qualification. So far ZIM are proving that they might win the tournament outright. Only team not to have suffered a defeat as of now.
And Scotland. Let's not forget how good they have been. Netherlands let their group down badly. The ICC have also set it up nicely by making 10 inconsistent teams play on bowler friendly tracks. You literally don't know what to expect from any team in terms of runs. I have a feeling even a score like 150 could be defended with the way things are going.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Just got home now. Drunker than a war vet with a credit card. What a grand and glorious day.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Googly wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:01 pm
Just got home now. Drunker than a war vet with a credit card. What a grand and glorious day.
You are much too old to be a war veteran.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:13 pm
ive realised one of the joys in my life is after not looking at a match for 19 minutes, instead of checking cricinfo, I’ll roll through the match thread and see the spazzamatazz of going through wickets and getting excited at the excitement here when wickets fall. Love ZCF
Couldn't agree more :D

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
ive realised one of the joys in my life is after not looking at a match for 19 minutes, instead of checking cricinfo, I’ll roll through the match thread and see the spazzamatazz of going through wickets and getting excited at the excitement here when wickets fall. Love ZCF
Haha me too. What a nice day it’s been :)

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Flakeman wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:29 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Haha me too. What a nice day it’s been :)
Were you at the ground

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Caught the 2nd innings after work, a few of us did.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Caught the highlights. Raza played a blinder. Him and chisoro seem to bat really well together. I remember their partnership when zim toppled the west indies in an odi few years back

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I am so damn tired today. Almost missed my alarm for work. Hopefully this good feeling can be replicated come Tuesday morning.
sloandog wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:52 pm
What was everybody's favourite wicket?

In terms of satisfaction, the captains wicket felt pretty damn good, but the Stirling run out was my favourite. That probably sealed it, as they were starting to tick some runs over by the time he was run out.

Joyce and Stirlings wickets were probably the two main ones, hence making them the favourite. Stirlings more so because it was purely a brain fart on his part.