[Match Thread: Ireland v Zimbabwe HSC]

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

[Match Thread: Ireland v Zimbabwe HSC]

Post by sloandog »

I know I'm early, but lets get talking about it nice and early and begin the build up.

A fun fact for all of us lucky in the UK to have Sky Sports: this will be the first game since the 2003 Cricket World Cup that Sky Sports has televised coverage of the Zimbabwe Cricket team at Harare Sports Club.

I've booked a day off work to hopefully watch the Greek hit some lusty blows, and watch for certain what kind of pace Blessing can crank it up to.

C'mon lads!

ZIMDOGGY

Re: [Match Thread: Ireland v Zimbabwe HSC]

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

This is the biggest game possibly of their lives, thinking about it is actually giving me hives.

One more win here and we are in, let the show begin!
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

It's huge, this game.

We win this, all we need to do in theory is defeat the UAE.

15 years without watching a game live on TV from HSC! That's a scary amount of time passed. Gents, this game is historic, lets get pumped

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

By the way, what would we do if we won the toss? We've seen at HSC that the wicket flattens out massively in the afternoon, so would it be worth sticking them in early to try and make use of the new ball?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:28 am
By the way, what would we do if we won the toss? We've seen at HSC that the wicket flattens out massively in the afternoon, so would it be worth sticking them in early to try and make use of the new ball?
Historically the ball moves around in the morning so the team batting second usually has an advantage.

I think we will win. Just a gut feeling. We have actually been pretty horrible and won somehow. I think our one good performance will be now. Funny how I actually believe a lot depends on Cephas. If he is still there after 7/8 overs we will win. That's just a gut feeling. I also hope that they send Ervine and Williams in early and have a 8-3 combination.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Yep, absolutely massive game. We need to bowl first here, it’s a no brainer in Harare.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:26 am

15 years without watching a game live on TV from HSC! That's a scary amount of time passed. Gents, this game is historic, lets get pumped
Not even the Mangongo Miracle of 2014?

Which actually reminds me. What ever happened to the likes of Nyumbu and co?

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

This is a scary game guys, feels so intense already. Glad to hear there is tv coverage, means there should be a stream!!!

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

The Mangongo Miracle of 14' was with Supersport I think. It certainly wasn't with Sky, that much I do know.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Nyumbu really fell off the radar. Apparently enjoyed his fame more than actually playing cricket.

This Ireland game is huge for both teams. Our batsmen must fire, not just one of them but 3/4 of them.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes