The Irish are OVERRATED

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: The Irish are OVERRATED

Post by sloandog »

foreignfield wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:49 pm
Whatever happened to George Dockrell?--a few years ago I though he would torment us for the next decade. I was very surprised he wasn't picked today, given our weakness against SLA; but then he hasn't picked up a wicket all tournament. I'm not following county cricket much these days but I think he never really established himself at Somerset?
Nah he never did it at Somerset. Was given a lot of opportunity, but it never materialized. Out of curiosity, are any of the Irish players playing county cricket

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I think they bowled pretty well but geeztheir batting was bad, we complain about our guys throwing away their wickets but the irish top 6 who are regarded so highly were so reckless Stirling aside

Tapsc is right their biggest problem is how old their batsmen are, I guess they're all waiting out to play test cricket
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Yeh I never quiet understood the hype about their bowling on this forum , no one looked real threatening really. Their batting was a huge dissapointment as well , on paper looks really good but they are all on the wrong side of 30 and doesn’t look like much is coming through , but of a worry for them. Shows the talent in zim for such a small population , the squad we have at the moment is probably the best since before the rebels leaving.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

mightymaido

Post by mightymaido »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:59 pm
foreignfield wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:49 pm
Whatever happened to George Dockrell?--a few years ago I though he would torment us for the next decade. I was very surprised he wasn't picked today, given our weakness against SLA; but then he hasn't picked up a wicket all tournament. I'm not following county cricket much these days but I think he never really established himself at Somerset?
Nah he never did it at Somerset. Was given a lot of opportunity, but it never materialized. Out of curiosity, are any of the Irish players playing county cricket
Stirling @ Middlesex, Rankin @Warwickshire, McCarthy @ Durham, Wilson @Derby

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

I loved when Sean Williams dismissed KOB and took the mick out of him after by imitating KOB's airplane celebration.

Feels strange to be supporting the Irish as I have actively wished them to lose every game since the tied game in the 2007 World Cup. Good to have rivalries though.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:25 am
I loved when Sean Williams dismissed KOB and took the mick out of him after by imitating KOB's airplane celebration.

Feels strange to be supporting the Irish as I have actively wished them to lose every game since the tied game in the 2007 World Cup. Good to have rivalries though.
Yea I noticed that as well. He gives it a bit of a rip doesn't he, Sean Williams.

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:32 am
zimfan1 wrote:

Yea I noticed that as well. He gives it a bit of a rip doesn't he, Sean Williams.
Its so good seeing him back. The commentators said hes not a big turner of it but when he delivers it wide and flat it sometimes fully straightens and would be huge angles to try and play, like against windies in the tests.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

strikerlube wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:35 am
sloandog wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:32 am
zimfan1 wrote:

Its so good seeing him back. The commentators said hes not a big turner of it but when he delivers it wide and flat it sometimes fully straightens and would be huge angles to try and play, like against windies in the tests.
In my humble opinion Williams would get into our ODI side even if he couldn't bat. For me he is our second best spinner after Cremer.

Cremer
Williams
Chisoro
Raza

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

Agreed man. Very handy asset

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

The Irish showed last night they're still a good side, they just had a bad day with the bat and we had a good day with the ball, it happens sometimes
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement