What next?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tgk

What next?

Post by tgk »

After the qualifiers end, what next for Zimbabwe? Will we have any series this year because ICC website doesn't show anything. Please clarify so I can make time to watch all the Zimbabwe games.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: What next?

Post by jaybro »

tgk wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:20 am
After the qualifiers end, what next for Zimbabwe? Will we have any series this year because ICC website doesn't show anything. Please clarify so I can make time to watch all the Zimbabwe games.
Pakistan and maybe Australia to tour
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Was thinking about this this morning. I hope our guys are having chats to the teams that are currently there about arranging some series, even if it is a A side series. We could play some games in Scotland and Ireland which might be good to acclimatise for the world cup. Invite the likes of Nepal to play. Now that they have ODI status they will be desperate to play more of the bigger teams.

I know pitching to them an A Series might not be ideal for what they want, but I can't see these sides declining the opportunity to play against a Full Member and get some games under their belts.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:00 am
Was thinking about this this morning. I hope our guys are having chats to the teams that are currently there about arranging some series, even if it is a A side series. We could play some games in Scotland and Ireland which might be good to acclimatise for the world cup. Invite the likes of Nepal to play. Now that they have ODI status they will be desperate to play more of the bigger teams.

I know pitching to them an A Series might not be ideal for what they want, but I can't see these sides declining the opportunity to play against a Full Member and get some games under their belts.
It would be great to have a series with some of these teams very evenly matched. A tri series will be very interesting. But Zim seem to be having serious budgetary issues. Doubt if they would be able to host any team. The Pak tour hangs in the balance pending a loan application approval.

Interestingly we might have a full tour of SA in October.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

tgk wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:20 am
Here's a guide but there will be changes to the type of matches played. The timeframe will be reasonably accurate.
https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazonaws ... Latest.pdf

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

tawac wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:04 am

Interestingly we might have a full tour of SA in October.
You mean they want to play us in a full tour after the last one??

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

We are playing S.A. a lot in the next 18 months. Interesting

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

It would be nice if we were the first side to tour Nepal and play in their first ODI matches

The problem with hosting the smaller nations is it costs money but doesn’t bring in anything, the reason we play Afghanistan so much compared to Ireland is because the Afghanistan side have paid their own way I believe
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

http://www.bdcrictime.com/2018/03/bcb-s ... -schedule/

Bangladesh manager Khaled Mahmud says Zimbabwe will be touring Bangladesh at the end of this year or early next year. He mentioned it with the Windies who are touring in October-November, so my guess is ZIM will be touring in Jan 2019. Hope there will be a couple of Tests since our Test series in Australia has been cancelled.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

I think these tours are now in the balance. Waiting for a loan application to be approved before we tour means we’re now not touring, let’s be honest here.
SA should in theory still happen as it’s our cheapest option. Any resistance will come from the South Africans. They obviously won’t play their full strength side either, not that I have a problem with that, any games will do.