Did we get rid of Elton too early?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Did we get rid of Elton too early?

Post by TapsC »

True. I guess the biggest issue we had with him is that he didn't seem to care at all in the end. Very sad ending. I think BT was getting to that point but he changed environment for 3 years to get that hunger back. That clique of Elton Hami BT Vusi and Prosper played a huge amount of games for us. I guess they just got tired.

It's a real shame because if we do qualify we need an all rounder who is a fast bowler in England to balance what I would assume would be an 8-3 against better opponents. Hopefully somebody steps up. I personally think if Mire isn't bowling and playing like the way he is now then Chamu could be a better option than him in those conditions. He gets a lot of movement and now we have seen that he basically bowls around the same pace as Jarvis. Maybe even Jongwe. Would have preferred the old Elton but I guess that pig farm of his plus 200 ODI match fees and t20 leagues made him too successful to care.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

if I have to be honest, to me he is part of that losing culture that bugged zim for a few years.
Head down, lethargic, too used to losing, wait for the pay cheque at the end of the month.
The prosper boat.
can I prove it? no. i Just felt he was part of that vibe.
The current team are showing some fight at times.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Yeah nah unless he really stakes a claim in domestic cricket which he doesn't seem interested in doing

He'd be the perfect No.7 we need but he just ain't doing it no more
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement