[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v West Indies HSC

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v West Indies HSC

Post by zimbos_05 »

Right, who is ready for a rant? If you are not, get ready quickly.

Who chose 4 spinners for that damn pitch? Who?

Cremer is not a captain. Quality player, but not a captain. Could not think outside the box for a moment, and when did, he threw away the game. He needs to be taken out of the role. End of. You bowl a good 30 or so overs of spin that gets punished and does absolutely nothing, and then you decide to bowl spin for over 49. What in the actual fuck was going through your mind.

How many time do you guys need to bowl long hops, wide, and stupidly before you realise you need to stop doing that. It's common sense. Seriously guys. Hundreds of ODI experience and that's what you produce.

The fielding. Seriously guys. So many easy singles, misfields, and terrible throws. We gave away at least 20 runs in misfields. Get your shit together.

BT, what a player. Quality player, but mate, use your head. We've just lost a wicket, consolidate and allow yourself to be there at the end of the innings. We could have got at least another 20 or so if you were there for another 2 or 3 overs. Sean, you get out to the same shot that got you out against Ireland. Either fix the shot, or stop falling for the trap.

How many times must we sit here and talk about the same errors over and over and over gain. Seriously. These are professional cricketers. Are they learning nothing in training? Or are they being taught, but just refusing to learn.

We got a lesson here. We may be able to hold our own against the lesser nations when we want to, but come the big boys, we flake, too easily. We have the quality, the skill, and the talent, but it seems we don't have the temperament, the want, and the need.

Commentators nailed it. The small things we are not doing well too. Blessing should not be in close. We need active guys who can run in and cut out the single. We gave away way tooo many singles easily too. Should not have happened. These little things add up, and can cost you a game. Had Taylor been around for 2 or 3 more overs, thats another 20 or so to the total. Cutting out the singles, it heaps pressure. Cutting out misfields saves runs. Not bowling crap, obviously no runs being hit. But is the little things. You learn these things watching the other teams. How they train and how they play.

How their captains think on the field and can change things up based on the situation. How the players think whilst playing. These are little things. How a bowler may change his stride. How certain fielders should be in certain positions. How a field setting can make all the difference. Bowling to a batsman's weakness. All these little things, which should really be what the team already knows and works on.

It's not impossible. We love this team and always will, but they need to start doing things properly. We can't keep blaming this thing and that thing, we have our destiny in our own hands, and this is what we do.

Now we put the pressure back on us. Well done chaps. Someone better be praying to the rain gods that that game does not getting bloody rained out, because if it does, there's going to be a nice big issue between me and some clouds, and I don't care how big a cumulonimbus gets, but a pissed of Zimbabwean cricket fan will take it down.

It's a damn good thing I don't have work tomorrow, because staying up till 1:30 am to watch us do that would have had me walking in to work with serial killer mood.

/rant

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Ah I think realistically we all expected a loss against West Indies. I was expecting an almighty belting, so to escape with a small NRR loss is okay I suppose.

Code: Select all

WI	4	3	1	0	6	0.529
ZIM	4	2	1	1	5	0.520
SCOT	4	2	1	1	5	0.315
IRE	4	2	2	0	4	0.474
AFG	3	1	2	0	2	-0.023

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Well that was one hell of a rant, but one that was warranted. We didn't deserve the game, based on our bowling and fielding today.

We're still showing some fight, though, which is very refreshing. Even towards the end there we took some cheap wickets and still believed.

Take the posatives and make sure we win on Thursday. We've worked so hard, trained so hard and prepared as well as we possibly can to be in a position where, if we beat a smaller nation, we can get through to the World Cup, and keep Zimbabwe Cricket alive for at least another 18 months.
We literally only need to beat the UAE and that dream will become a reality. And all those hating Irish, Afghanistan and Nepal fans who said 'I promise you Zimbabwe will not make the world cup,' we can finally give them one, massive middle fucking finger.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I have issues with those two umpiring decisions.
I have issues with ICC deliberately preparing a pitch that suited WI.
I have issues with our management who have played on that deck for 35 years and know it won’t turn and don’t pick another seamer.
I have issues with Man of the Match. Bullshit.
I have issues with Hammy and/or Mire not bowling.
Even Chisoro could have bowled seam.
Graeme’s captaincy and senior players’ input was very poor.
Then we had a bad day in the field but we still could have won with room to spare.
Anyway now we play one game with everything at stake and it wasn’t necessary.
Managemt needs to see which strip we’re playing on and study how much glue and cement and juju ICC sprinkle on it.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

It's a damn shame that the difference between us being in a high pressure situation and already being qualified was about 20 runs.

All those misfields...

Googly

Post by Googly »

Birds flying over and changing what grass or lack of it is on that deck?? :lol:

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:40 pm
I have issues with those two umpiring decisions.
I have issues with ICC deliberately preparing a pitch that suited WI.
I have issues with our management who have played on that deck for 35 years and know it won’t turn and don’t pick another seamer.
I have issues with Man of the Match. Bullshit.
I have issues with Hammy and/or Mire not bowling.
Even Chisoro could have bowled seam.
Graeme’s captaincy and senior players’ input was very poor.
Then we had a bad day in the field but we still could have won with room to spare.
Anyway now we play one game with everything at stake and it wasn’t necessary.
Managemt needs to see which strip we’re playing on and study how much glue and cement and juju ICC sprinkle on it.
The no ball, the pitch and the man of the match have been my main issue today. Really was very very obvious that the ICC wanted the West Indies to go through. I now hope the Scottish ram it home and beat them, so that we and them can go through to the final. That would be a great spectacle.

Googly

Post by Googly »

There must be a bird corridor of grass eating birds that use that side of the ground.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And they must shit in that 22m patch.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And then the groundsman mustn’t be able to recognize that cement grass has been quietly growing there for three months. Fuxk me.