[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v West Indies HSC

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Flakeman

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v West Indies HSC

Post by Flakeman »

This seriously bothers me. That no ball was utter bullshit. Wasn’t even remotely close, and could’ve been the difference between 289, and 310. First time I’ve seen us play on a no turn pitch in years. The bias stinks. If we screw up vs UAE, I dunno what I’ll do

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Flakeman wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:07 pm
This seriously bothers me. That no ball was utter bullshit. Wasn’t even remotely close, and could’ve been the difference between 289, and 310. First time I’ve seen us play on a no turn pitch in years. The bias stinks. If we screw up vs UAE, I dunno what I’ll do
Were you at the ground Flake?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ok contemplated this whilst I simultaneously contemplated my navel in the bath.
I don’t know whether that whole yarn about the poisonous cement grass birds using that strip as their toilet was meant for real or not, but nonetheless to say that side had a different type of grass I’m not believing for a second.
The groundsman is key to the outcome of games and whilst ICC brought theirs, surely our man is shadowing him and helping with equipment and staff?
Surely he had Streak on speed dial and said, hold the phone, boss, this Pom is preparing a road for the Windies!!
If that went straight over his head he’s not a groundsman’s arsehole.
Whether management then could briefly remove ICC dick from mouth long enough to query why they’d be preparing a pitch that strongly favours one side over the other begs an answer. They’ve had BCCI dick in mouth for so long and now swapped out for a slightly larger ICC package. It’s lucky it was Dave Richardson’s and not a West Indian or they would be choking.
Obviously WI would have chosen these conditions but there should have been a happy medium.
I’m sorry for the rudeness but we were done over before the game started. At what point do you announce the team before a game?
Even then it doesn’t excuse poor bowling changes.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:41 pm
Whether management then could briefly remove ICC dick from mouth long enough to query why they’d be preparing a pitch that strongly favours one side over the other begs an answer. They’ve had BCCI dick in mouth for so long and now swapped out for a slightly larger ICC package. It’s lucky it was Dave Richardson’s and not a West Indian or they would be choking.
That set me off on a laughing fit. I found that more funny that it should be :lol:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

When it comes to Mire and Hami not bowling this problem started a long time ago. I said it ages ago that them not forcing Mire to bowl will catch up later. It's absolutely absurd that Mire was allowed to just drop bowling and they didn't even try fixing his bowling problems. That AND Vitori getting banned sealed our fate. The pitch was known to favour the pace bowlers so why on earth did we bat first if it was a typical HSC wicket? I think we lost this because of tactics more than the players. Hopefully we beat them in the final

There is no need to be concerned about UAE. Let's be honest we ALL expected us to lose at least one game. It's all about holding our nerves, reading the pitch correctly and selecting the right team as well as respecting our opposition. Ngarava was too big of a risk today and even against the UAE. Let's just get Chatara fit and read the conditions correctly.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Didn't follow the game after the 12th over of the first innings. What did I miss? What happened with the no ball and the pitch?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

We win against the UAE we qualify for the World Cup. Would have taken that before the qualifiers started.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Googly wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:41 pm
Ok contemplated this whilst I simultaneously contemplated my navel in the bath.
I don’t know whether that whole yarn about the poisonous cement grass birds using that strip as their toilet was meant for real or not, but nonetheless to say that side had a different type of grass I’m not believing for a second.
The groundsman is key to the outcome of games and whilst ICC brought theirs, surely our man is shadowing him and helping with equipment and staff?
Surely he had Streak on speed dial and said, hold the phone, boss, this Pom is preparing a road for the Windies!!
If that went straight over his head he’s not a groundsman’s arsehole.
Obviously WI would have chosen these conditions but there should have been a happy medium.
I’m sorry for the rudeness but we were done over before the game started. At what point do you announce the team before a game?
Even then it doesn’t excuse poor bowling changes.
Brilliant. Couldn’t stop laughing.😂😂😂😂

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Time to stop the Cephas experiment, get PJ in.

Googly

Post by Googly »

That’s a big call. Let’s see what they think. What was interesting was that Mire played his usual game without Cephas being there and played much better. As I said having two guys teeing off is ok if they remember to rotate as well. He’s made both Ireland and WI have a game plan for him so they recognize the real threat.
In hindsight it would have been better to play PJ in this game and possibly CZ in the next. A lot will depend on what bowlers UAE have and again what deck this puss prepares for us.