[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v West Indies HSC

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v West Indies HSC

Post by Andybligzz »

I got through to around the 35th over and fell asleep on the couch , really upsetting Taylor’s amazing knock didn’t get us through still can’t believe how well he played . It’s simple though we win against the uae and we are in. I’m very confident we will the game just need to hold our nerves , don’t rate the windies at all , they will be raped at the World Cup and their seniors like gayle are coming to the end . Hope the likes of bravo aren’t selected for not wanting to help the squad when they needed them them the most . Anyone one game to go cumon zim 🇿🇼
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

On another note I would really like to see us try get sean ervine in the squad if we make the World Cup , experience and playing years in England would surely help us , I know he’s old now but he would surely be much better than some of the squad players we have now . Just a thought and I know a lot will disagree , would be cool to see him wear the red in one more series . Just my view
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

No I agree, I was thinking similar.

Ervine's county contract is up for renewal after this summer, and he's really done nothing to get an extension.
He had a pretty patchy season last year with Hampshire and he hardly ever bowls now days. So why not?
He'd be playing with his younger brother, in conditions that he's very VERY familiar with and could use the World Cup as his swan song for a very long and impressive FC career. I know he was going to come back on the train in 2011, but logistically the top 15 players are now very much financially taken care of, with a more solidified future. I was always holding out some hope of a Murray Goodwin comeback in 2011 for the World Cup

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Well, that was not a dream.

Now I am way more nervous for Thursday. Have a bad feeling it will get rained out or something.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Geez you guys need to chill out lol a few facts for you guys to chew on

- This is an ICC event with pitch preparation overlooked by the ICC curator, we can’t prepare pitches to suit us in a tournament like this. Crying the ICC deliberately got a pitch like this so the Windies would beat us 😂😂😂 Relax we’re Zimbabwe not India.

- You could argue if Googly could find out off an old curator this pitch was historically more bouncey then the others in the square then Cremer & Streak should have known. But you would have been a brave man to drop Chisoro for Ngarava, hindsight is a lovely thing.

- All of a sudden Cremer is a clueless captain who makes poor bowling changes ? Funny that it must have someone else ringing the changes as we defended low totals against Afghanistan, Ireland & Scotland. Yes the changes we made didn’t work yesterday and yes he could have brought back the seamers earlier but he only had 20 over some of seam to bowl and although I didn’t agree with some of his changes he obviously had a plan that just didn’t come off today. We’re so quick to hammer our guys especially our captains and coaches.

- The things that really cost us was the failure to get a big partnership although BT- Ervine, BT-Williams and BT -Raza threatened to put on a big one once again we kept losing untimely wickets. Also our fielding was woeful from the first two overs where Raza dropped Lewis off KJ and then the 5 runs given to Lewis next over the mistakes just never stopped. Also the no-ball wicket of Raza and Hamilton’s wicket were dreadful decisions.

- Zimbabwe fans must be the most fickle ever, the fans were demanding Zhuwao be picked on twitter and now he’s been picked and missed out a few times everyone wants him dropped!!! I’ll ask the question what did you expect from him?? He’s never faced quality fast bowling before and only claim to selection was by bashing minnows and club teams in England. I said it from the start he wasn’t the answer but everyone wanted him in and now the poor guy is getting shown up and everyone is calling for his head. I’d actually stick with him for the UAE game because he can do damage against a side like them, it’s only the real class fast bowlers who trouble him. I will mention TapsC who was his biggest fan is still sticking by him kudos to you.

In summary you can’t win them all sometimes things just don’t work out but all in all I’m happy with how the boys went and I’m very confident we will ease past UAE and book our spot to England ✌🏻✌🏻✌🏻
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:02 am

- You could argue if Googly could find out off an old curator this pitch was historically more bouncey then the others in the square then Cremer & Streak should have known. But you would have been a brave man to drop Chisoro for Ngarava, hindsight is a lovely thing.

- All of a sudden Cremer is a clueless captain who makes poor bowling changes ? Funny that it must have someone else ringing the changes as we defended low totals against Afghanistan, Ireland & Scotland. Yes the changes we made didn’t work yesterday and yes he could have brought back the seamers earlier but he only had 20 over some of seam to bowl and although I didn’t agree with some of his changes he obviously had a plan that just didn’t come off today. We’re so quick to hammer our guys especially our captains and coaches.

- The things that really cost us was the failure to get a big partnership although BT- Ervine, BT-Williams and BT -Raza threatened to put on a big one once again we kept losing untimely wickets. Also our fielding was woeful from the first two overs where Raza dropped Lewis off KJ and then the 5 runs given to Lewis next over the mistakes just never stopped. Also the no-ball wicket of Raza and Hamilton’s wicket were dreadful decisions.

I agree with top and bottom, except for not picking Ngarava. You need to make tough decisions to win these games.

I've always said Cremer is not a captain. I stand by that statement.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

It’s easy to say in hindsight mate but it would have taken a brave man to drop Chisoro for a guy who’s last international nearly went for 100 runs !!!!

Well you can say Cremer isn’t a good captain but fact is he’s one win away from successfully guiding us through a tricky qualifying tournament which everyone was writing us off prior to.

I like Cremer as a captain I think he does a good job
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:54 am
It’s easy to say in hindsight mate but it would have taken a brave man to drop Chisoro for a guy who’s last international nearly went for 100 runs !!!!

Well you can say Cremer isn’t a good captain but fact is he’s one win away from successfully guiding us through a tricky qualifying tournament which everyone was writing us off prior to.

I like Cremer as a captain I think he does a good job
I agree with everything. Couple bad moves but overall he's great. I also love how he personally shoulders responsibility for the team by bringing himself on in crunch time moments (45th over). Only decision that bugged me was the williams to bowl the 2nd last but it was probably over at that stage. Hes fine!

Everything else in the bigger post I agree with too

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

After Zimbabwe, its time for Windies to earn some money

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/ ... 40941.html

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

To be honest i think Ngarava would have been slaughtered. That would have been a huge risk. Losses happen. We all budgeted for one. I don't know why people are so upset. We could have won yes but that's what happens when you play better opponents there was 5 over spell where we lost that game and that happens. Problem is with the West Indies you can't have them only 2 down because they will all come out swinging. It was just a tough day in the office. Lesson learnt. We will play them again soon. Just have faith.