Rising Stars Squad Announced

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbot

Rising Stars Squad Announced

Post by zimbot »

Batsmen: Blessed Muzite, Jarryd Basson, Liam Roche, Jayden Schadendorf, Trevor Chibvongodze, Tylor Trenoweth

All-rounders: Keith Jaure, Tony Munyonga, Clive Chitumba

Pace bowlers: Carl Mumba, Tinashe Muchawaya, Davis Murwendo, Nyashadzashe Nyasha

Spin bowlers: Vincent Masekesa, Herbert Chikomba

Wicket keepers: Gilford Muzeya, Clive Imbayago

Standby players: Daniel Zvidzai, Trevor Gwandu, Wallace Mubayawa, Manson Chikowero, Dion Mazhawidza
https://www.newsday.co.zw/2018/03/risin ... r-uk-tour/

PSR
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Rising Stars Squad Announced

Post by PSR »

Taibu see's some potential in Trennewoth..

How's the squad overall??

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

PSR wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:56 am
Taibu see's some potential in Trennewoth..

How's the squad overall??
He has every damn right to, as well. What a talent. Seriously good batter and naturally fast (if not wayward) with the ball. Very very good inclusion.

PSR

Post by PSR »

Who is Jarryd Basson??

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

By the way, who's Jarryd Basson?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Good to see Mumba there. Good way to get back to match fitness through a season of ZRS. But sad to see Dion Mazhawidza only in the reserves. Are the other pacers in the squad really better than him?

As someone else also said earlier, it would have been good to have given a second season to some of the guys like Magarira, Tafara Mupariwa, who could not be in the starting XI regularly last season.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:42 am
Good to see Mumba there. Good way to get back to match fitness through a season of ZRS. But sad to see Dion Mazhawidza only in the reserves. Are the other pacers in the squad really better than him?

As someone else also said earlier, it would have been good to have given a second season to some of the guys like Magarira, Tafara Mupariwa.
Yea was thinking that. Spoke to Diplock at length about this squad, and he reckons there's one or two there who are simply not good enough and are taking up spots of more deserving lads. The rest he conceded were pretty decent.

I feel bad for the guy really. He's not been shy to the fact that he's feeling left in the cold. Everybody wants to represent their nation, at what ever level, but he's played under 19's and his club figures speak for themselves, they're astranomically good.

He'll be the first to admit he can be lazy, but what will motivate you if you can't even make an emerging XI side? Hr reckons Roache is a good gritty batter and decent off spinner

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Ok I really only know about 8 of those guys

Any chance Googly or Flakeman can give us a run down

Is Blessed Mutize a fast bowling all rounder ?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

no wesley madhevere?

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Lol at this squad. Still no Hondo and Diplock? That’s a fucking disgrace as I know both were keen and some of these guys aren’t even remotely serious cricketers. Wow. I’ll run through these....some I don’t even know, and that’s not a good sign. I know almost everyone in the Harare club system. Most franchise players all play club. It’s almost an equal standard, especially the top 5 clubs.

Blessed Muzite - no clue. Not a good sign

Jarryd Basson - A bit of talent with the bat. Seems to have lost a bit of direction in the last year though. Nice kid however.

Liam & Jayden - do I have to comment? Decent players.

Trevor Chbvongodze- a very raw all rounder who plays for OMs, never does much but possibly something to work with.

Tylor Trenoweth - don’t know much as he’s from SA. Didn’t do too well in the UK as Sloandog once said.

Keith Jaure - Arrogant looking little twerp but can’t argue with his selection. Got some serious pace.

Tony Munyonga - no clue, again, that’s not good.

Clive Chitumba - a poor mans Diplock

Tinashe Muchawaya - decent bowler with some pace, questions over his mentality though.

Davies Murwendo - bang average seamer from what I’ve seen. Not the nicest kid if accounts are anything to go by, if memory serves.

Nyasha Nyasha - quickest bowler in the country but throws the ball. Works super hard on himself except for his action which really baffles me. Not going anywhere if he doesn’t sort that out, but we’ve been saying that for years and he’s done nothing so....it’s just strange.

Vincent Musekesa- No clue, but he seems to be photographed with Taibu on his Facebook, looks very young and small, so possibly a bit of nepotism at play.

Herbert Chikomba - at least one of the 3 shock exclusions from last year gets a look in. Good bowler and very accurate with his Left arm spin.

Gilford Muzeya - nice guy but not going anywhere.

Trevor Imbayago - zero clue.

Manson Chikwondero- a poor mans Hondo, who can’t bat.

As for the rest of the reserves, I’ve no clue who they are. And are most likely nothing special.

Again a shocking waste of money if this is gonna be our squad, especially when our main team aren’t getting paid.