[MATCH THREAD] ZIM v UAE WCQ

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimdan

Re: [MATCH THREAD] ZIM v UAE WCQ

Post by zimdan »

The NRR is averaged over all the games...therefore either team would need to win convincingly if they were to overtake us at .520.

I also feel any team can beat anyone in a 20 over game if the game goes the 50 overs we won't have a problem.

etoreveyi
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by etoreveyi »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:56 am
yes the iphone says rain.

NRR confuses me so where will it leave us? obviously sweating on the Taliban/Ireland game, but how will we need that to play out?
The thing is harare is big. My brother was at the ground but at home in borrowdale it did not rain. I can also confirm parts of Greencroft didn't rain either. I suspect the forecast will pretty much cover the same areas. It rained heavy in Chitown though

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Someone from the Irish camp said that if points were tied then it was down to head to heads rather than net run rate?

Can anyone confirm? if it is true then it means that we qualify with a washout or a tie.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimdan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:33 am
The NRR is averaged over all the games...therefore either team would need to win convincingly if they were to overtake us at .520.
0.520 is not a large NRR. The other teams are all within 0.200 of that. Ireland just 0.05 away. These are aproximate calculations. But the Afghans who are the farthest away from ZIM are about 0.20 away. AFG have a present NRR of 0.300. So they would need to beat IRE by 15 runs to maintain that run rate, and then to close the gap with ZIM they would need an additional NRR boost of aprox 0.20 (or 10 runs) but over a 5 game spread that is a total of 50 runs.

So if AFG beats IRE by aprox 65+ runs they would sneak past ZIM's present run rate.

IRE are much closer in NRR, so if the Irish beat Afghanistan by 24 runs, they maintain their current NRR. Then to pass ZIM they'd another 15 runs. So a 39+ run win for IRE and they pass ZIM's present NRR.

Of course of all of this is moot if ZIM beats UAE by any margin. The rain or lack thereof will decide things. UAE have been an exceedingly weak team so they have next to no chance of beating ZIM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

FROM IRISH JOURNO...ZIM OUT IF IT RAINS

@Ian_Callender
5h
5 hours ago

Number of wins is first tie-breaker and if tomorrow's game is no result, then ZIm will be left with two wins and winners of Ireland and Afghanistan would have three wins

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Any current weather update?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

It looks biblical on my phone

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Many parts of Harare didn't see any rain at all. You cant tell.. Chances of a complete washout in Harare for the whole day are very very very low. Let's not panic too much gents. I know we are nervous but if we play at a high level we will win.

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

I just feel devastated. I know it hasn't happened. But I feel sick.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

ZIMFAN wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:03 pm
I just feel devastated. I know it hasn't happened. But I feel sick.
Me too. You just know we’re going to get screwed over somehow.