[MATCH THREAD] ZIM v UAE WCQ

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
strikerlube

Re: [MATCH THREAD] ZIM v UAE WCQ

Post by strikerlube »

To you guys asking if our game and tomorrows are rained out what will happen.

Check the points table and you tell me, we go through muppets.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

1.42pm Liam: "The rain has stopped, and Zim-style hand operated super soppers are coming out onto the field. No idea yet about a revised target, but it seems UAE's innings has come to a close."

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

That Jarvis over might have cost us a bit when it comes to revised total. Fine margins here. You can't bowl an over like that given how good he is.

BugsBunny

Post by BugsBunny »

Does our guys know how to bowl yorkers ? Or are they too scared to try it out, thinking it will go as full toes ????

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Covers are off!

C'mon 'babwe!

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

The boys just don’t need to panic here and bat smart , the bad balls will come with uae . This has potential to be a fairytail or a complete nightmare . Could be the revival of zim cricket or the death of it , I feel like if we qualify a lot of young talent is going to stick around And if we don’t players will leave and chase money else where . Never been so excited / nervous for a innings to start in my life. We cannot expect Taylor and raza to get us home , the others must bat big and prove to the nation why they have been backed and why they get to wear the zim shirt .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

BugsBunny wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:02 pm
Does our guys know how to bowl yorkers ? Or are they too scared to try it out, thinking it will go as full toes ????
I agree. I barely saw us bowl any this whole tournament.

We need a nice partnership from Solomon and Hammy up front. Nothing big and fancy, just a good building partnership.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

The ground staff mucking it up big time. Did not take the water off one the covers before taking them off.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’ve been driving around and that’s was pretty much the only quadrant that was raining. It’s stopped but although there’s blue sky around you can feel that oppressive tropical heat that means another storm cell could cook up. It’s not likely to be over the same area though. The problem is the ground was soaked from yesterday so this rain would have topped it up again. The drainage there is not bad. Flakeman could update us, he’s obviously there.

Googly

Post by Googly »

That’s standard for here, peel the covers off and dump a few thousand litres of water in exactly the wrong spot. I hope they haven’t done that.