[MATCH THREAD] ZIM v UAE WCQ

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: [MATCH THREAD] ZIM v UAE WCQ

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:06 am
TapsC wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:15 am
Probably the most balanced analysis Patrick Gada. In the end i think there needs to be action from top to bottom. The board is full of corrupt individuals who definitely need to go. We also cant deny that the selectors and the coachig staff made mistakes. As well as the captain. Guys like Hami also let us down.

We should do another thread on who exactly should be in that ZC board. Im always put on the spot for not offering solutions but i also wonder who exactly guys want to takeover ZC and who will do it for free like has been suggested. Someone like Alistair Campbell would not do it for free and there are already some serious allegations agajnst him.
Campbell all the way imo

There are members in the forum who claim he is corrupt but I find it hard to believe these people actually know for sure.

I’ve said it before but YOU CANT DENY things are always better when AC is around, we play plenty of fixtures and the sponsors come flooding in.

I want people who have played for Zimbabwe to be involved in ZC guys that actually care about the game, Taibu and Streak were two guys who I thought were good but now these fuckwits have sacked them (apparently) so I don’t know where we go from here
Didnt his son play a game in the Afghan league? :lol: thats tells you all you need to know about the guy. You really think Katundu was paying the full sponsorship fee to get their name on the ZC shirt? A friend of mine worked at croco motors a few years back and he told me they were paying 300k to be a main sponsor. 80k was the minimum. This was in 2015. No way Katundu paid that.

Total Sports Marketing who promised to bring us dozens of games disappeared too.Problem with corruption is that its hard to prove in most cases. Has anyone ever shown paperwork of Mukuhlani stealing money? Its usually just poor governance, nepotism and giving yourselves ridiculous benefits. It is true that that we did play a lot of games in 2015. That i wont deny but he is a shady character. That Pakistan tour in 2015 was clearly financially influenced.

I really hope Streak isnt lost to the game completely he does deserve more respect than that.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:28 pm
TapsC wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:04 am

I get that point. The innings needed to be stabilized. If we look back at PJs thought process i get what he was trying to do. My criticism does not mean i dont understand the game. Its an alternative view.

Look at it this way. What exactly is Craigs role in the team then? Is he not a stabilizer? Its then clear that there was an imbalance in the team with too many stabilizers because he didnt have enough time to settle because the other stabilizer used up too many deliveries. Craig had no role in the team because of the way the order was set.

Also looking at it from the match situation Williams was not an aggressor at all until much later in the game. Him finding gaps better than PJ does not make him an aggressor. At an international level what williams did is actually the stabilizer role. Start slowly, find gaps and slowly begin to accelerate. PJs innings never got to that stage. In 60 deliveries. He never started turning dots to singles then singles into 2s then 2s into 4s. Thats why he found himself in tht situation. Thats his whole limited overs career in one innings for you.

With Ervine still in the hut and knowing he needs time PJ should have tried harder maybe after 40 deliveries. This was not a 50 over game. You cant be that slow when he had to score at almost 6 an over. Thats 10 whole overs out of 40 that he faced. This is the UAE as well.

Others failed too. Hami failed. He had a terrible tournament. Mire failed. That doesnt mean PJ played a great knock. Its not his fault at all. He played exactly how we all know he was going to play. Its the people in charge who should take the blame for that specific situation. As much as you want Streak to stay we cant hide from the truth that batting order was a mistake. That was not the first time he played Ervine at 7 and it also failed. Why did he repeat it?
It is definitely not about knocking the view, but maybe giving some understanding to it.

The whole idea was to bowl them out quickly, go in and finish off the total quickly. In doing that you need aggressors. For me those aggressors were Mire, Hammy, Taylor, Williams, Raza...to have that many aggressors you need to compensate with the anchors, PJ and Craig were those.

The bowlers failed, so the plan should have altered a bit. Instead Hammy and Mire went in to go all out and failed. Williams was actually the aggressor, he was actively seeking gaps and trying out different shots, and got his runs quicker than PJ. Aggressor does not mean they only hit 4s and 6s. PJ did what was required. There was no reason for him to be aggressive at that point because Williams was ticking the scoreboard over. When PJ eventually tried to open up, he went out. He was looking to accelerate things, it just didn't come off for him.

Yes, Hammy failed and Mire failed, which brings us to the point that PJ should not be getting any blame. Hammy and Mire have enough experience and played every game to have had at least one decent match, they didn't.

Streak must take some blame and assessed the situation, and put Mire down the order. He did well against the Windies there, and would have helped in the situation we found ourselves in which was to have an aggressor for the final few overs.

I don't believe it is all Streaks fault, and if we are going to be a team that fires a coach after one mistake, then it will serve us no purpose. I also feel that a lot of team selection is through interference from the top. The calls for Cephas were instant after the match, yet no one saw to blame Chatara. Remember all the outcry of why was he not picked for the Windies game?? Well, he was picked for the UAE game and went for 7 an over. A better bowling performance from him and their total would have been 20-30 runs less. Then suddenly those same people were asking why Chisoro was dropped. Chop change chop change. I can't help but feel someone at the top level wanted Cephas in the team whether he failed or not. A 10 ball 20 is a failure for a top order batsman. Simple.
What outcry? Chatara was injured full stop.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:03 pm
jaybro wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:06 am
TapsC wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:15 am
Probably the most balanced analysis Patrick Gada. In the end i think there needs to be action from top to bottom. The board is full of corrupt individuals who definitely need to go. We also cant deny that the selectors and the coachig staff made mistakes. As well as the captain. Guys like Hami also let us down.

We should do another thread on who exactly should be in that ZC board. Im always put on the spot for not offering solutions but i also wonder who exactly guys want to takeover ZC and who will do it for free like has been suggested. Someone like Alistair Campbell would not do it for free and there are already some serious allegations agajnst him.
Campbell all the way imo

There are members in the forum who claim he is corrupt but I find it hard to believe these people actually know for sure.

I’ve said it before but YOU CANT DENY things are always better when AC is around, we play plenty of fixtures and the sponsors come flooding in.

I want people who have played for Zimbabwe to be involved in ZC guys that actually care about the game, Taibu and Streak were two guys who I thought were good but now these fuckwits have sacked them (apparently) so I don’t know where we go from here
Didnt his son play a game in the Afghan league? :lol: thats tells you all you need to know about the guy. You really think Katundu was paying the full sponsorship fee to get their name on the ZC shirt? A friend of mine worked at croco motors a few years back and he told me they were paying 300k to be a main sponsor. 80k was the minimum. This was in 2015. No way Katundu paid that.

Total Sports Marketing who promised to bring us dozens of games disappeared too.Problem with corruption is that its hard to prove in most cases. Has anyone ever shown paperwork of Mukuhlani stealing money? Its usually just poor governance, nepotism and giving yourselves ridiculous benefits. It is true that that we did play a lot of games in 2015. That i wont deny but he is a shady character. That Pakistan tour in 2015 was clearly financially influenced.

I really hope Streak isnt lost to the game completely he does deserve more respect than that.

You heard it here first people ‘corruption it’s hard to prove, but Campbell’s son playing the Afghan t20 competition is solid proof’
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Conant wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:26 pm

What outcry? Chatara was injured full stop.
We knew that, seems social media didn't
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:53 am
1 - Why was Cephas Zhuwao left out of the playing XI vs UAE? He could have given us the MUCH needed impetus upfront to START OFF AND have a good run rate built. Zhuwao has suffered many years of neglect by selectors and should have now been given a lengthy run in the team.
You mean the impetus he gave all tournament. If he couldn't do it in the group stages, what makes anyone think he was going to do it against UAE. This idea that Cephas was the match winner needs to stop.

2-Why was Tendai Chisoro left out? He bowled well all tournament and he is a good, correct and effective hard hitting batter as numbers 7/8.
He didn't play all tournament, but he did do well. He was dropped because of the water on the surface and in the air. Chatara was expected to come in and skittle batsmen, unfortunately he failed.

3-Why did they throw talented PJ Moor in the deep end and play the crucial game yet he had not been playing and had not featured in any games before? He also averages 18.53 runs in ODIs, he is talented and could be a future star but I am sure there are other batters in Zimbabwe who could have played and been in the squad ahead of him for now.
He is the guy who helped settle the innings. Blaming PJ is irresponsible because he did nothing wrong.

4-Why did Zimbabwe bat first after winning the toss, a suicidal decision it was. This showed either ignorant overconfidence or fear (two things to never have in sport). Why take UAE lightly when in November 2017 they beat the Zimbabwe A side (a side which had some Zimbabwean international players) 5-0 in an ODI series in the UAE. Also, less that 7 days ago, Ireland made the ultimate school boy error by winning the toss on a lovely hot sunny day and decided to field vs Zimbabwe. This was a decision driven by fear and they rightly paid the price for their lack of courage, which saw Zimbabwe win the match batting first and avoiding dealing with scoreboard pressure.
It's called conditions. The water on the surface and in the air. The threat of rain in the afternoon. Yes you can take in to account the previous matches, but you have to take in to account the situation at the time.

In world cricket today, the pattern among great teams is win the toss and bat first even on average wickets. The run rate factor is a genuine challenge that only illogical teams ignore at their peril. Even great batsman will tell you that maintaining the run rate is the most challenging as it always happens within restricted circumstances. So why intentionally shoot yourself in the foot Zimbabwe when your tournament run rate is not that good or greatly different when compared with other teams desperate to qualify for the 2019 World Cup like you? Madness and bad thought process. Why in the New Zimbabwe did Zimbabwe win the toss and field? This defies logic considering they saw Ireland make the same mistake less than 7 days ago.
Didn't Afghanistan win their last five games chasing?

5 - The great bully now turned “dubious” man of God Ozias Bvute (a man who abused ZC ICC funding meant for cricket development and unashamedly cut short many cricket careers now decides to repent in the name of the Lord (without remorse or offering apologies to many of those he abused and threatened . He and corruption Godfather Peter Chingoka started the rot in 2000. Their current ZC board associates must NOW do the decent thing and all step down, resign for the sake and good of Zimbabwe cricket. Put simply, they failed from 2001 until now. Zimbabwe needs fresh ideas, new blood and young people who love the game to take over the leadership. Only they can provide the vision that Zimbabwe cricket desperately needs and they are there in all shapes, colour and sizes.
Can't disagree here. The idiots need to be gone.

6 - We should draw the line in the sand after failure to qualify for the 2019 England World Cup. Get rid of the old and incompetent ZC guard-deadwood. We need to rebuild but we cannot rebuild with old tools. YOU CANNOT POUR NEW WINE IN AN OLD WINE SKIN OTHERWISE THE WINE AND THE WINE SKIN WILL BE RUINED.
Hasn't this been said for years, but constantly ignored.

7 - Tatenda Taibu is head of selectors based in England. How does that happen or work? He runs a ZC Academy in England. How, when Zimbabwe needs to improve cricket in Zimbabwe.
This has more to do with the board not supporting cricket in Zimbabwe, so Tatenda is doing all he can to give the younger talent exposure, proper facilities, and set up a grassroots structure.

8 – Again, the incompetent ZC board and crooks need to step aside. They destroyed many careers since 2001 and have caused all the mess in Zimbabwe Cricket. We need the right people in charge now more than ever. A plan for 2023 should be put in place from NOW otherwise more and major heartbreak is on the cards. OVER THE YEARS AND SEASON AFTER SEASON - Club and franchise cricket seasons HAVE ALWAYS BEEN CANCELLED AND ZIMBABWEANS MADE TO THINK THIS IS NORMAL. THIS IS NOT NORMAL AT ALL. Why was first class cricket called off since November 2017.If this occurred in another country the administrators will all be fired. How can first class players survive or improve?

9 - The decline of Zimbabwean cricket started long before this 2018 tournament and our recovery has been hindered at every turn BY THE CORRUPT AND INCOMPETENT ZC BOARD. There has been an insurmountable levels of corruption, with many careers cut short FROM 2001, leaving not only individuals bewildered, frustrated and left to dry, but hindering the economy of Zimbabwe to a certain degree, including employment creation.

10 – Since 2001 there has been endless amount of reports on corruption, incompetency and maladministration within ZC. Arbitrary decisions and plans made by people who know nothing about the game, its development and administration.

11 - In 2018, whether Zimbabwe goes to the 2019 England World Cup or not (although the chance is now tiny), WE ALL KNOW THINGS ARE NOT WELL UNDERNEATH THE SURFACE, THE CRICKET CROOKS are planning more self-enriching schemes and policies to loot more money. THEY ONLY WAIT FOR MORE MONEY TO POUR IN FROM THE ICC THAT'S MEANT FOR DEVELOPMENT, ABUSE IT AND PROLONG THE MADNESS OF NORMALISING THE ABNORMAL THROUGH DECEIT AND SUGAR COATED LIES. The current ZC regime and their “unwitting puppets” truly know that they can only reign in anomalous conditions as such, conditions purely suit their personal agenda and that of associate “BULLY BOYS AND GIRLS” down to the ground - it allows them as a clique, gangsters or syndicate to plunder money meant for cricket development in a developing country. THIS IS THE GREATEST INSULT TO AFRICAN VALUES, THE CULTURAL BELIEF SYSTEM AND SPIRIT OF UBUNTU - WHICH CALLS FOR FAIRNESS, JUSTICE AND RESPECT FOR HUMANITY.

Your last four points are all essentially the same thing about corruption and a messed up board. Come up with a proper plan to fix it
So, I don't know if Gada actually visits this forum, but I thought I would put some responses to him. He clearly has passion for the game and the team, but it just looks like he speaks a lot of our emotion (which is valid at times) but not so much insight with solution.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Corruption isn't always just blatant transferring of money from a company account into your own. It can instead take on the form of expensive hotels, meals, expanded traveling parties, weekend team-building retreats, bonuses, petrol allowances, etc. I bet most of these ZC board are living high on the hog.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Zimcricketlover21

Post by Zimcricketlover21 »

That match was crazy very sad. What I think is that the duckworth lewis method was wrong Zim should have won because they did have like 2 or 3 more wickets left whereas UAE were either bowled out or had 1 wicket left. The crap weather in Harare ruined that match. Very sad

Yorker
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Yorker »

Flakeman wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:18 pm
No words. Today 22 March 2018 marks the actual death of Zimbabwe Cricket. We won’t recover from this.
Well, seeing a message like this actually gives hope that we'll get through this.