[MATCH THREAD] ZIM v UAE WCQ

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [MATCH THREAD] ZIM v UAE WCQ

Post by jaybro »

Christ Googly you’re not helping with my nerves

We really need to win the toss and bowl them out cheaply
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m not helping my own nerves, bud! I keep walking outside and gazing around. Highveld weather is notoriously difficult to predict if the rainfall is convectional ie a moist atmosphere and awaiting a heat source. These weather apps are not as reliable here. In the UK they tell you with some accuracy at what hour to expect rain! Our local met dept has gone the same way as every other gov dept and I think they just look on the internet and rely on the predictions of some fuxker sitting in Europe.
Often if there’s a bit of cloud cover it shuts down the heat source and prevents convection so this current cloud cover would be good, but it’s burning off already.
I think it’s going to clear this morning but it doesn’t bode well for this afternoon.
The toss becomes critical. We have to bowl!

zimbot

Post by zimbot »

Googly wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:57 am
I’m not helping my own nerves, bud! I keep walking outside and gazing around. Highveld weather is notoriously difficult to predict if the rainfall is convectional ie a moist atmosphere and awaiting a heat source. These weather apps are not as reliable here. In the UK they tell you with some accuracy at what hour to expect rain! Our local met dept has gone the same way as every other gov dept and I think they just look on the internet and rely on the predictions of some fuxker sitting in Europe.
Often if there’s a bit of cloud cover it shuts down the heat source and prevents convection so this current cloud cover would be good, but it’s burning off already.
I think it’s going to clear this morning but it doesn’t bode well for this afternoon.
The toss becomes critical. We have to bowl!
Eish not looking good is it?

Yeah bowl first Chatara comes in get them out cheaply and chase whatever they set before the heavens open.

zimbot

Post by zimbot »

Play three seamers definitely

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m about 5km from HSC, blue skies already above me, and it will be clear over the ground in the next 20 minutes. There were huge puddles on the ground yesterday but I’m sure they’ve drained.
It’s the afternoon that’s the worry and how quickly the cumulus develop into cumulonimbus. A huge one 40km away can actually keep you dry where you are if the sky doesn’t trigger. It’s completely conceivable that we won’t see a cloud the whole day.

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

For those in the UK, Skysports aren't showing the match until 8:55am (starts at 7:30am) because of the NZ/Eng and SA/Aus test matches :(

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Probably said this before, but never been more nervous for a game, and even more nervous to win the toss.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I wonder if we have the balls to play 4 seamers and bring in Chatara & Ngarava for Chisoro & Cephas ???

Its a big call but the pitch did a bit yesterday so with the rain about it might do plenty in thr morning
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Lostart
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Lostart »

It was a weird one, cause i was one side of HSC and a mate was the opposite side and we both had clear blue skies, he took a drive and said it was an isolated cloud just over the grounds. I guess someone hated the Scots.

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:48 am
I wonder if we have the balls to play 4 seamers and bring in Chatara & Ngarava for Chisoro & Cephas ???

Its a big call but the pitch did a bit yesterday so with the rain about it might do plenty in thr morning
Chatara should definitely come in if fully fit, not sure if he is though. Definitely need three frontline seamers, four may be overkill though, especially as none of them are really that useful with the bat.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder