Should Streak resign?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Should Streak resign?

Post by Googly »

Just looking for scapegoats to distract everyone from the real problem, which is them.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And he says “we gave them two full tours ahead of the qualifiers” like he’s done us a favour!
I’ve said it before- only the players have the power to get rid of these people. We’re doomed if they stay in charge.

NickG
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by NickG »

Googly wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:46 pm
Just looking for scapegoats to distract everyone from the real problem, which is them.
100% agree with you on that one...

Googly

Post by Googly »

“And we were going to give the players part of the million”
That’s a bullshit figure and it smacks of a Dad offering his kids a treat if they behaved. Who does he think he is?
And the grant from the Ministry of Sport, Recreation and Fine arts is now in jeopardy? That’s like a beggar giving a guy in Rolls Royce a tip. Tell us what they were offering?

That’s some name for a ministry- that’s like calling a ministry - ministry of finance and canoeing.
What does fine art have to do with sport?

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Googly wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:27 pm
That’s some name for a ministry- that’s like calling a ministry - ministry of finance and canoeing.
BT -- Renaissance (although the re-birth of Zim cricket was sadly aborted last week; and his reverse sweeps do bear the marks of Rococo )

Raza -- Expressionism

Cephas -- Art Brut

Malcolm Waller -- Arte Povera

Sean Williams -- Romanticism or Comic Art, I'm undecided

Vusi -- Impressionism (beautiful, but blink and you miss it)

Prosper Utseya -- Minimalism (Tino Mawoyo being the other obvious candidate)

Blessing -- Gothic Style (cathedrals, spires)

Craig Ervine -- Neoclassicism (Neoclassicists would have hated the idea of T20s) or Realism

Ray Price -- Dada

Tari/Burl -- Art Nouveau (hopefully)

Jarvis/Chatara -- Historicism (sadly both struggle to replicate their former greatest works of the bowling arts)

PJ Moor -- Cubism (for not particular reason but it sounds about right)

Cremer -- Mannerism (thinking about it, it could also be Ray Price's second artistic style)

Solly Mire -- Surrealism (I remember an innings of his, a long time ago; it was great, but weird, and it's fading from memory like a fata morgana; and that six that went to the moon, or was it the sun ...)

Hami -- Tragic Realism (I've made that up)

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

foreignfield wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:36 pm
Googly wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:27 pm
BT -- Renaissance (although the re-birth of Zim cricket was sadly aborted last week; and his reverse sweeps do bear the marks of Rococo )

Raza -- Expressionism

Cephas -- Art Brut

Malcolm Waller -- Arte Povera

Sean Williams -- Romanticism or Comic Art, I'm undecided

Vusi -- Impressionism (beautiful, but blink and you miss it)

Prosper Utseya -- Minimalism (Tino Mawoyo being the other obvious candidate)

Blessing -- Gothic Style (cathedrals, spires)

Craig Ervine -- Neoclassicism (Neoclassicists would have hated the idea of T20s) or Realism

Ray Price -- Dada

Tari/Burl -- Art Nouveau (hopefully)

Jarvis/Chatara -- Historicism (sadly both struggle to replicate their former greatest works of the bowling arts)

PJ Moor -- Cubism (for not particular reason but it sounds about right)

Cremer -- Mannerism (thinking about it, it could also be Ray Price's second artistic style)

Solly Mire -- Surrealism (I remember an innings of his, a long time ago; it was great, but weird, and it's fading from memory like a fata morgana; and that six that went to the moon, or was it the sun ...)

Hami -- Tragic Realism (I've made that up)
Gold!

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Mukhulani is blaming everyone but his board. He is going to go on a rampage and destroy the game once again. He needs to step down and let actual cricket people take control.

That article is scary. He is talking hard lines and talking some very serious tones, none of which will benefit the game. We could potentially have a 2003 situation here.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Yeah. The resignations should go all the way to the top. They all failed in some way. Losing to the UAE at home is also completely unacceptable. That is also true.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

So who’s the new head coach when we sack Streak ???

Pet hate of mine people calling for peoples heads without having a plan
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Streak has got to stay, he knows Zimbabwe Cricket through and through, and understands how it works, not to mention that he has a great relationship with the players.

The only man I would want to see in the national coaching position would be Gary Brent or Andy Flower (Grant Flower?). Chawaguta, Mangongo, Singo etc are just not respected.
Tense few days ahead in the world of cricker in general.