Should Streak resign?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Should Streak resign?

Post by TapsC »

Saw an interesting point on Twitter about how Mangongo is probably going to lose his job after the u19 world cup performances. Now if we are being honest who failed worse here? Streak or Mangongo? Anyone who thinks Mangongo should go and Streak should stay is a hypocrite.

One man is going to lose his job for failing to get out of a group which actually had the 2 world cup finalists, the other failed to qualify for a world cup at home in front of 8000 passionate fans against the UAE. An associate nation.

Mangongo has his flaws with his Millitant attitude but nobody can say he is a bad youth coach. Streak is not perfect too. If we are being fair as a system then they should either both stay or both go.

Also saw Zimfan1 saying Cephas had no chance of getting us home if he would have been in Ervines position because he didnt score a 50 in the tournament. I know he runs the cricketzimbo account. Mate.. why do you hate one person so much? Did Mire score a 50 this tournament? Yet you never called him out.you called for Cephas to be dropped too i saw that. Well you got your wish and we lost anyway so i hope you are happy about that.

Your preffered coach played Ervine at 7 and cost us a world cup place.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:05 am
I wonder what Solly’s plans are now? Will he soldier on or head back to Australia? I know he didn’t fire but I really like the look of him, he can play. I’ve never seen what a contract looks like, but much depends on what players have signed in terms of fees and time. Would there have been performance clauses in them? There’s not much incentive for ZC to pay on time now so there’s problems coming there. With a WC looming they have to keep the players happy (usually at the expense of the franchise guys), but now I see them claiming this tournament has cost money and now it’s short. The only way to keep proceeding is to keep playing cricket and paying the lads. The only way to do that is to trim the administration back to the bare bones. Based on what I’ve seen elsewhere I don’t believe you need more than half a dozen people administrating in head office. This is where our big problem lies. It’s not even feasible to cut back because the costs of retrenchment here are astronomical.
I think Phil Simmons is still owed huge money by ZC, Inwonder if he popped into the office? :lol:
The admin would rather fire 30 groundstaff before one of their own. They are very selfish.

Wouldnt Mire be targeting the t20 world cup? Surely thats a ticket to riches if you can show up there and smack a few? How much would we get if we qualified for that? Is it less than the ODI world cup? I would assume the t20 world cup might actually make the most money in the future because it is a very popular format for non-cricket fans too. I remember last time we had to beat Afghnaistan and the players woyld have shared 600k and they bottled it. These guys must be emotionally scarred by now

Googly

Post by Googly »

Which twitter account was that?
I doubt Mangongo is going anywhere. If they replace him at u19 level things will just limp along again.
I’ve got a bad feeling we’re about to enter the cricketing doldrums here, I sincerely hope I’m wrong.
Now is the time for people to make a concerted effort to replace board members and administrators and not coaches and players.
We can hang them from the unfinished light pylons.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If you’d had that team together for 4 years with the best coaching available they weren’t beating any big sides. That shows total ignorance. You’re going against the best youngsters in the world, many of whom have been playing FC cricket with perhaps 2 or 3 cricketers with capacity to be similar. ZC will never ever get it, you can’t brush up some ok cricketers over a limited period and turn them into world beaters. They keep trying, hoping for a different outcome.
The English u19 sides are always interesting to watch. They have a big pool to draw from, good players and the finest coaching set ups and preparation, but they don’t often do that well.

Googly

Post by Googly »

In a perfect world ZC wouldn’t have 30 groundstaff, grounds would be independently run and they wouldn’t have any. 30 groundstaff cost them 6k, that’s one fat cat’s travel allowance.

Googly

Post by Googly »

At today’s rate of 1.5 30 groundstaff costs them $3000 because they get paid in fairy dust.

Googly

Post by Googly »

That’s why manual super soppers are an option here :lol:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:49 pm
In a perfect world ZC wouldn’t have 30 groundstaff, grounds would be independently run and they wouldn’t have any. 30 groundstaff cost them 6k, that’s one fat cat’s travel allowance.
http://www.sundaynews.co.zw/wickets-to- ... it-losses/

We are in serious trouble. This is not going to end well. Maybe he was just being emotional but it looks like Cremer Taibu and Streak are going to be sacrificed here.

Where the trouble comes from is we dont know how deep the divisions are.

What was the biggest issue?SELECTION.. I feel like i was just barking on this forum and nobody could see the trouble i saw coming with these guys. Taibu out of all people should have known better now he has created a huge problem. Clearly Cephas was a forced pick and that is what they are going to use to fire them. The storm was coming and all they had to do was be diplomatic. Now they will lose their jobs because of their stubbornness

Another very interesting point is that we are only losing a million dollars according to Mukuhlani. I wonder if thats true. I will do more research on that. If it is true that means these players are financially ok. Well the national guys at least.

Also i want to know who boycotted training the day before the West Indies game? Those people unless its BT or Raza might be forced out i think after what happened. It was ill advised

Googly

Post by Googly »

“Decisions to be made by Mukuhlani and his board in the coming weeks will have a huge bearing on the sport going forward.”

I wonder what that means exactly?

This is one of the guys that has to go back to where he came from. He probably knows more about nuclear fission than he does about cricket. Most of the time you know they’re lying when their lips move. Idiot. See how he’s aligned with government as well.
We need to drain the ZC swamp or nothing will improve.
Players just need to down tools until they all go.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:45 pm
“Decisions to be made by Mukuhlani and his board in the coming weeks will have a huge bearing on the sport going forward.”

I wonder what that means exactly?

This is one of the guys that has to go back to where he came from. He probably knows more about nuclear fission than he does about cricket. Most of the time you know they’re lying when their lips move. Idiot. See how he’s aligned with government as well.
We need to drain the ZC swamp or nothing will improve.
Players just need to down tools until they all go.
Gut feel is that Streak and Cremer will be sacked. Taibu may cling on. BT will be the next captain.

But hey we are not playing for months so no selection to worry about :lol: