Should Streak resign?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Should Streak resign?

Post by eugene »

Thoughts? I don't know how to start a poll, perhaps only admins can do that?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

saifulsohel05

Re: Should Streak resign?

Post by saifulsohel05 »

no.

clikcspeed
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by clikcspeed »

eugene wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:06 pm
Thoughts? I don't know how to start a poll, perhaps only admins can do that?
No... We failed, but gotta look into the future.

NickG
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by NickG »

No

Trevor
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Trevor »

No...we are going into rebuilding phase. He is the best man for that job at the moment. No drastic changes

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

Yeh he needs to stay i think he has done a great job with this team , I’m just so worried how the state of the game is going to survive now without the extra money from the icc. We need to look at blooding Murray ASAP I really hope he is available. We neee to find some quality youngsters really soon. Streak and Taibu together have been a decent combo and unearthed more good things than bad , we wouldn’t be zim supporters without going through heartbreak over and over. I stayed up late last night to watch the final ball and ended going to bed a defeated man , even getting up this morning again for work I just feel really sad. I’ve followed this team for 16 years now and im only 25 and this is the worst I have felt .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Googly

Post by Googly »

We need resignations!
Every time there’s non performance of this magnitude heads should roll. This is the first time we haven’t qualified since 1979 I believe.
The cricket community, coaches, support staff and players need to stand firm and call for the mass resignations of the ZC Board. We are sick and tired of their decades long ineptitude and mismanagement. This is where we need change and new blood and people with the country’s cricketing interests at heart, and not for their own ends.
We want an open book on who’s employed, what they do and what they earn, what their qualifications are for that post and what they have achieved.
We need a complete restructuring exercise and we need the right people to steer our sinking ship.

The constitution needs to be reviewed, these ridiculous Provincial boards and the voting system needs to be overhauled.

I don’t believe Board members are entitled to a salary. If they’re not prepared to do it pro bono they’re the wrong people. They get together and “make decisions” once a month tops and they earn more than our professional cricketers, it’s a bloody disgrace. It’s theft.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:51 am
We need resignations!
Every time there’s non performance of this magnitude heads should roll. This is the first time we haven’t qualified since 1979 I believe.
The cricket community, coaches, support staff and players need to stand firm and call for the mass resignations of the ZC Board. We are sick and tired of their decades long ineptitude and mismanagement. This is where we need change and new blood and people with the country’s cricketing interests at heart, and not for their own ends.
We want an open book on who’s employed, what they do and what they earn, what their qualifications are for that post and what they have achieved.
We need a complete restructuring exercise and we need the right people to steer our sinking ship.

The constitution needs to be reviewed, these ridiculous Provincial boards and the voting system needs to be overhauled.

I don’t believe Board members are entitled to a salary. If they’re not prepared to do it pro bono they’re the wrong people. They get together and “make decisions” once a month tops and they earn more than our professional cricketers, it’s a bloody disgrace. It’s theft.
This. Streak should not resign. The structure needs to change, and for that to happen, we need the right people in charge. The whole lot of them stealing the money need to go. A proper structure instituted that has pathways from the bottom all the way to the top, has clear vision and goals.

I remember we once had a thread about "if you were in charge of ZC", let's use that as a the springboard and the blueprint, because some of those ideas were amazing.

On top of that, we need to start instilling some proper coaching in to these guys and they need to take it seriously. Some of them can't field. Our tailenders should learn to use a bat a bit. Our batsmen need to learn the basics. We do so many of the basics wrong it is unfathomable. Also, get a captain captain. A man who can think on his feet and lead properly.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Would love an audit. But didn't they hand in an external audit to the icc last year? If nobody resigned from that then they might be clean legally.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I think he should stay as the bowling coach but we need better tacticians in that setup for me. Cremer and Streak fell short tactically at crucial moments for me.

Craig Ervine batting at 7 is the perfect example. Not only because he struggled. He was always going to struggle. We all know that maybe 5 is the lowest he can bat. Williams can accelerate better than him but he came in ahead of him. Not only that they tried Ervine at 7 a few games ago and it failed there as well. Why would they have repeated That?

Mire also showed he could clear the fence down the order when he came back on against the Windies.Whoever made that call needs to step down as far as I'm concerned. They cost us everything. That was a huge mistake and there has to be consequences for that simply because that was not the first time they tried that. We saw ourselves playing Burl in a t20 series. Murray and Mavuta in Bangladesh when we could have been fine tuning a squad.

Also if we look at results we have not been doing as well as we think. We have lost to Scotland UAE and the Netherlands in the last year. Afghanistan just beat us 4-1. They bowled us out for 54 at home about a year ago in a crucial game as well. We had 2 very lucky breaks in the group phase. 2 guys basically carried us all the way there. Raza and Taylor.

The boxing day test was nobody's fault. We were crushed by better opponents. The Sri Lanka series was the highlight of his reign. That I will give him credit for innovating with the 8-3. Credit where it's due there.