Should Streak resign?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Should Streak resign?

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:38 am
So who’s the new head coach when we sack Streak ???

Pet hate of mine people calling for peoples heads without having a plan
There are many good coaches out there. They would obviously have to do some research around and conduct interviews. Zim rugby recently got a former springbok coach. If you look you will find. Lance has done a decent job as batting coach. I would prefer Andy Flower too but thats just a dream.

Whilst a local coach does give you good knowledge a foreign coach can also come with an unbiased attitude. I have noticed that local coaches are really good at playing the favourites game. They already have an idea of who they want to play without actually giving everybody a fair chance.

I would personally keep Heath Streak as the bowling coach, Lance as the batting coach but find a new head coach with some fresh ideas. I would then increase the selection panel by maybe including the 4 domestic coaches. Not easy having many selectors but its worth a try.Taibu would have to make a decision about moving back home or not. It doesnt make sense that he is based in the uk but has a huge say on who plays. I would also increase the rising stars selection panel. I think he just has too much control over that and leaves out people he doesnt like. These methods would increase fairness and transparency.

Doing nothing will be us accepting that defeat against the UAE as normal. Lets not forget that we barely beat Afghanistan(who also beat us 4-1 last month and bowled us out for 58 last year ) and almost fell to scotland(they beat us last year as well). Overall we have lost games to Scotland the UAE and the Netherlands in the last year. Ireland beat Afghanistan in Sharjah showing that its very possible.

BT also showed that he is the natural leader. We all saw that in that last game. He should be the permanent captain.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Taylor just has more of a presence on the field, and it's very obvious.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Replacing Streak fixes nothing.

We just get another coach in and then go through this whole circle again? The problem is at the top. We don't even have a domestic structure in place to give our players the games they need and the system to develop their skills.

They sit there in their fancy suits and flashy sunglasses, and have done nothing in 10 years to actually improve Zim cricket. Every time we have seen some sort of improvement, it is from people own investments and their own personal effort.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:48 am
There are many good coaches out there.
That we can afford and that are willing to coach Zimbabwe ??
TapsC wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:48 am
Lance has done a decent job as batting coach.

I would personally keep Heath Streak as the bowling coach, Lance as the batting coach but find a new head coach with some fresh ideas
Bro our batting was a shambles, what we thought was our strength ended up being our weakness

I'd actually like to get someone from the subcontinent in who can teach our boys how to play fucking spin bowling !!!!!!
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

NickG

Post by NickG »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:06 am
Replacing Streak fixes nothing.

We just get another coach in and then go through this whole circle again? The problem is at the top. We don't even have a domestic structure in place to give our players the games they need and the system to develop their skills.

They sit there in their fancy suits and flashy sunglasses, and have done nothing in 10 years to actually improve Zim cricket. Every time we have seen some sort of improvement, it is from people own investments and their own personal effort.
Correct sir. Until player pathways and the schools, clubs and domestic competitions are put into a proper structure AND ZC inherits just the merest whiff of commercial endeavour, changing coaches will achieve nothing.

Projects like the Rising Stars did not come from ZC: they supported it grudgingly and still many within ZC criticise it. Why? because it helps to mask their own inadequacies.