Cricket World Cup Money

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Cricket World Cup Money

Post by eugene »

Can someone knowledgeable clarify for me what effect not qualifying for the Cricket World Cup has on us financially. Have we just lost out on millions or are we guaranteed money as full-members anyway?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Re: Cricket World Cup Money

Post by Googly »

I can’t answer accurately, but in broad terms.
We’ve been guaranteed approximately (?) $100m over the next 3(?) years and I don’t think that will change.
Where we lose out is on corporate sponsorship, who knows what that might have been in the build up and thereafter depending on performance, but it must be in the millions.
Also the qualifying teams get a further payout for participating in the WC, presumably a portion of the broadcasting rights, which must be monumental. I had heard that our portion would have been in the region of $20-30m, but that’s completely unconfirmed.
It would be great to get some accurate figures.

The unquantifiable losses are possible IPL and other T20 contracts for a couple of our players if they performed.
The revival of interest from our kids and even Club and franchise players over the next couple of years. Just this is just a mind numbing loss. Private coaching would have received a huge boost. I don’t think 3/4 of our kids can even name our national side, that would have all changed.
The remote possibility of making the knock out rounds would have been a further massive boost to finances, additional games, interest etc
The possibility of attracting a couple of players back has lessened considerably. We are in dire and urgent need of good players back here, our local set-ups are not producing the caliber of players we require.
We will struggle even more for games from the top teams, even with the ftp in place. When a game is scheduled they’ll just get it over with and it will be much harder to arrange additional T20’s etc.
there will be less likelihood of being invited to triangulars.
I may be well off the mark, but these are my fears.
That loss against the UAE has far reaching consequences.
It’s really unfair that we had to go through that.
Seeing HSC full like that and the vibe and patriotism gave me such a fantastic feeling. We have very little to cheer about here and we needed this so badly.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I'm not totally sure. But I think ZIM and AFG will just switch their revenue shares. At least thats the easiest and simplest way to sort it out. That was what the 2014 Big 3 amendments were.

ZIM will still get money for being a full member. But they won't get the World Cup Revenue. There's also the participation fee which is based on how far in the tournament one got. But thats simple now as well because there are only 3 levels of progressions: group stage, semis, final.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

we get 24m a year for next 3 years.
Failing qualifying we lost out a minimum of 20m.
We pay about 10m a year to zc boards debt of the 14m left over ZC board are running on a 17m a year budget- you do the frigging math .
It takes 4people to do a one man job.
Tuskers has Singo who is never there so his errand boy Kwesu runs Tuskers.
Nokuthula is also there yet she is admin in charge of South Matabeleland and should be in Gwanda much as Victor Mhlanga was sent to Vic Falls to run North Matabeleland. If there was no free internet then no one would come to the office- as it is they come when they feel like it and have about 4hrs lunch and tea breaks in between their emails and tetris. There are printers but no paper or ink.

Singo has a trail of debtors from U19 kids, to umpires and referees and physios and is going to be called to task in a few cases, one of them being i'm told is docking two players wages by 70% since Jan for an alleged infringement that already carried a punishment. Unilaterally taking someones contracted wage away or part/thereof is illegal.

Googly

Post by Googly »

There’s enough dirt on Singo to get him into serious trouble.
Ive watched him over the years single handedly ruin age group cricket and hence cricket itself in this country.
It’s an absolute mystery why they’ve allowed this man to have the positions he has. Rumour has it that he had the casting vote that originally made Chingoka chairman.
He epitomizes everything that is wrong with our cricket and he’s a despicable fellow. If he got given the chop I’d consider it a major victory, but he’s like herpes, you keep that shit forever, like luggage! :lol: