Following Zim Cricket...

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Following Zim Cricket...

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I personally have had a bit of a time delay reaction to all this.

I think I am the only one who saw this coming (I said as such but low key way as I didn’t want to be negative) and although I was giving a wry laugh when it eventuates it’s starting to dig and hurt me over time. Just the manner of which it happened. It was there for the taking. The hard yards had been done. Just had to knock over the team of cabbies that every team had done before!

I’m in the midst of a two week break from the forum to recover and enjoy my trip to Eastern Europe which has coincided with this issue.

Ultimately, it’s just a World Cup event which we were never going to win and after next year it’s passed.

My only concern is players who we don’t want to leave leaving. Otherwise we will march on and maybe be better for it.

On another note, Hamilton isn’t getting enough blame here.
He fired once, in a home series amongst associates where he was batting from a position ripe to roll in runs but didn’t. I think he either has to go or in my opinion assume the number 7 spot.

Facebook has been duly harsher. There’s a Facebook group calling for his removal as seen in attachment.
Attachments
E8C67031-042C-4AB4-8087-B0E03880DF56.jpeg
E8C67031-042C-4AB4-8087-B0E03880DF56.jpeg (148.85 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:47 pm

On another note, Hamilton isn’t getting enough blame here.
He fired once, in a home series amongst associates where he was batting from a position ripe to roll in runs but didn’t. I think he either has to go or in my opinion assume the number 7 spot.
The point I was trying to make before the series, but he remember Doggy, he is a national hero...

I can't say I fall in the 4000 post mark, that's some achievement, but I know I have a strong affinity for this team, and if the forum went off and people left, I would struggle. I've been here for 6 years, and I know I had a hiatus at one point, but I was always here, lurking and keeping an eye, hoping. Quitting the team is for me impossible.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimfan1 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:37 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:44 am
No offense to anyone not mentioned, but this forum is BRMT admin, sloandog, eugene, foreignfield, jaybro, crimsonavenger, jemisi, and couple others I must be forgetting. Basically anyone with 4000 plus posts. If they left, I'd prolly leave too.
Cough cough.
Apologies...yeah you're one of the top ZCFers as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

eugene wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:50 pm
Jemisi wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:24 am
Hi All,

I was away for all of the good times and made it back in time for the heartbreak. I am sorry I wasn't at my post during the depths of the trauma.

I don't know where we are.

I do know I enjoy sharing the mostly bad, occassionally sweet times with you blokes.
So your return coincided with our UAE defeat? Are you a bad-luck charm?
That would be one way to interpret the evidence. I certainly considered the possibility.

However, the tie against Scotland also cost us a place. A win there and we would have been ahead of the Afghans. So I can't take full responsibility for the outcome of the tournament. Although my influence must have helped keep Hami in the team and he was 100 runs short of what we needed from him.

But I am sorry I wasn't here for the worst of times.

SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by SpitfiresKent »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
No offense to anyone not mentioned, but this forum is BRMT admin, sloandog, eugene, foreignfield, jaybro, crimsonavenger, jemisi, and couple others I must be forgetting. Basically anyone with 4000 plus posts. If they left, I'd prolly leave too.
Can't believe that you forgot to put Googly on that list :o

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

SpitfiresKent wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:15 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Can't believe that you forgot to put Googly on that list :o
Googly hasn't been around that long. I mostly put people who've been here since before me. I know Jay is relatively new, but his post count is evidence of how prolific he's been. My perception of Googly is more as an "inside man" with the scoop.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:58 pm
We've accounted for everyone on my list, except BRMT admin. Anyone hear from him? I really hope he's just taking a hiatus (as he often does).
Still here

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:51 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:58 pm
We've accounted for everyone on my list, except BRMT admin. Anyone hear from him? I really hope he's just taking a hiatus (as he often does).
Still here
Good to see you bud...you're like the face of ZCF!

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m not an insider. I used to get valuable info that I had to be very careful with or I would have exposed a few people, that’s a thing of the past. My gripes then are the same as now because the status quo remains.
I don’t think people understand how little these guys care about cricket. It’s just a cash cow to be jealously guarded, the fact that the wheels are finally coming off means curb all unnecessary expenditure and really get the hands in the till. The next few months will indicate whether we’re going to just slowly roll over and die.
The events of the last few days show the panic. They have zero plan.