Raza gets the man of the series award!!

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
saifulsohel05

Re: Raza gets the man of the series award!!

Post by saifulsohel05 »

Raza is coming to BD to play DPL. His last tweet suggests he may retire!

SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by SpitfiresKent »

I reckon he will retire from international cricket but continue to play in various domestic leagues, he will be hot property around the world after his performances in this tournament.

He said Zim don't have any cricket until July? That's an incredibly long time for the guys to sit and dwell on the disappointment of what's just happened...

Googly

Post by Googly »

That’s 3 months of no international cricket, and they’re wondering why we are struggling against associates!!

Is there any club or franchise starting up any time soon?

This is why we are failing. We need change.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I've just read that twat chairmen's statement about the players being accountable.
What an absolute knob. He's flapping because he knows without that money the board will have to cut back on their bloated salaries.
Honestly, even though I follow ZC religiously like everybody else here, part of me wants the entire structure to fold, so we can start over again and get people who care about the game back in. It might take 30, maybe even 50 years, but in the long run it might come have the desired effect.
Who is Mulkhuani or what ever his name is? How's he got to where he is? Manase at least started moving things in the right direction when he was in and around the set up not long ago.

This guy needs to realise that without the players he's nothing

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:10 am
Honestly, even though I follow ZC religiously like everybody else here, part of me wants the entire structure to fold, so we can start over again and get people who care about the game back in. It might take 30, maybe even 50 years, but in the long run it might come have the desired effect.
The problem is ZC reflects the state of the country and the society. Starting over again from scratch with people who care sounds all good, but as soon as they've rebuilt it and there are again assets to loot the cycle will start anew.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

foreignfield wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:22 am
sloandog wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:10 am
The problem is ZC reflects the state of the country and the society. Starting over again from scratch with people who care sounds all good, but as soon as they've rebuilt it and there are again assets to loot the cycle will start anew.
No that's what I'm saying though, it's happened once but it wouldn't happen again.

Having said that, it took Rhodesia years and years and years to build up a strong FC team, and then hard work dedicated by their families to build up Zimbabwe Cricket to where it was in 1992-1999. After that, due to the reputation being enhanced and money trickling in, we went to the dogs

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Googly wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:33 am
That’s 3 months of no international cricket, and they’re wondering why we are struggling against associates!!

Is there any club or franchise starting up any time soon?

This is why we are failing. We need change.
3 months without international cricket is not that unusual even for the big countries. Domestic fixtures are resuming soon aren't they? At least they won't be without any cricket. Yes, the domestic standard is poor and that's where our problems really start among other things.

That was awesome from Raza. If Cremer does get the sack from the captaincy (which I don't agree with) Raza is the obvious replacement.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Why would Raza retire? Playing in a handful on minor T20 leagues surely isn't going to cut it. It's not like any of the major T20 leagues are lining up to sign him.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

Raza was match winning top scorer (90 off 84) in his first DPL match of this season.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

saifulsohel05 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:48 am
Raza was match winning top scorer (90 off 84) in his first DPL match of this season.
He has hit peak form. His average has shot up from about 30 to 34.5 in ODIs. 50 wickets as a part time bowler. Thats not easy at all. He was averaging 40 in tests until Port Elizabeth. For me he is our best player overall. It would be a real shame if he quit now. He could easily become one of our best ever.

I honestly believe a core of Taylor Raza Cremer and Williams can play until the next world cup. They will be around 36 which is not too bad for cricket players. They shouldnt give up.

Retirement comes a bit too early for our guys. Its crazy how somebody like Elton has completely lost interest in the game and didnt even try get back into form with the bat when he has only just turned 32. He gave up bowling when he was like 27. Dont know whats up with these guys and their motivation levels.

I would have said Ervine too but we dont play enough test cricket and his ODI average has dropped from 37 in 2015 to 32 now. He had a better start than Neil Johnson statistically in ODIs. Dont know what happened. Maybe the better teams just figured him out