Post CWCQ Player Status

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMFAN

Post CWCQ Player Status

Post by ZIMFAN »

Thought this might merit a thread.

On twitter, BT says he is sticking around.

On twitter, SRB says he is taking time to think about future while playing in Bangladesh

Kriterion_BD

Re: Post CWCQ Player Status

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Good to see BT staying. He's been the face of the team for nearly 15 years now barring those 2.5 years he was off in England. I think SRB will be back too, you can tell he loves the game and the team too much to quit.

Hope the core sticks around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I honestly don’t see a reason why any of these will go?

Surely none can earn top dollar overseas? And even if they can earn a buck playing in some domestic league ZC has shown they’re very flexible now and will let them do so.

As for who ZC want to keep around and build a side around that’s a different story, looking at the 2023 WC how many of these guys will still be good enough at 35 or 36 ???

If we played more Tests then the likes of Hami, Ervine etc could hang around for the test side but since we don’t these guys will want to play ODI’s or there’s not point
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I think the rising stars squad will be as key as ever here, to make sure that there is a constant drip of players to keep an eye on.
So far, it has done its job. Muzarabani has been one hell of a find and his fast tracking into the side and the punt Streak took is paying some dividens, all be it slowly.

Lads like Liam Roche, Schadendorff and Murray have got to be a part of the plans going forward. How good is Mavuta? I've not seen him bowl personally, but having heard the reports from the who have, it sounds like he's got something.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

A mate of fine was at HSC for one if the games and he's quite pally pally with Nick Welch, who was at the ground watching the West Indies game.

He said he has every intention of coming back and playing for Zimbabwe, but is keen to try and get a county gig first and foremost so he has more pull when ZC come calling. I don't blame him, but it could be a while before we see him anywhere near the side again. He is class, though. I watched him a T20 final on TV and he looks so so good.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:35 am
A mate of fine was at HSC for one if the games and he's quite pally pally with Nick Welch, who was at the ground watching the West Indies game.

He said he has every intention of coming back and playing for Zimbabwe, but is keen to try and get a county gig first and foremost so he has more pull when ZC come calling. I don't blame him, but it could be a while before we see him anywhere near the side again. He is class, though. I watched him a T20 final on TV and he looks so so good.
Nothing wrong with these guys learning their craft in the UK before returning
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

It's just a case of when they will return. If he's thinking 3 years ZC may not even exist!

Googly

Post by Googly »

Three years seems like a long time, doesn’t it.
Especially when you’ve got the Chairman making high handed dictatorial statements like that.
Had Elman-Brown made a statement like that 20 years ago that would have been the end of his tenure and he’d probably have to have found a new watering hole and a new circle of friends, yet our players and supporters have come to accept this as the norm.
I say again- the only people who should be answerable are the Board, they are the people that have ruined everything through their ineptitude and pilfering.
This man has said he’s going to sit down with his Board and review reports from the technical staff and then decide what to do then issue a Royal decree? Was he on holiday, courtesy of ZC funds, and on his royal return found the wheels had come off?
When you make a selection board comprising one person with the title of convenor, who essentially rubber stamped whatever he was told there are going to be some minor issues :lol:
The guys who arranged this did so because when a “full panel” was in place with Makoni dictating all, the selections were even more exasperating.
Our lads not qualifying will have upset some Board member business class holiday plans to England next year, how inconsiderate of them. That entourage descending on Lords with their pointy shoes would have been a sight to behold. It would be grand to affix little VIP bobbles on the end so you could identify the troupe of clowns at a glance.

Googly

Post by Googly »

When you get a guy using words like my this and my that you know you’re on the road to nowhere. Do the players, staff and supporters really understand that we’re self destructing under the current administration?
Do they know there are people out there that would practically do this for free and account for every last cent and want cricket to be strong here for the sake of cricket and not to ensure the gravy train doesn’t grind to a halt, there’s a big difference! Of course some of the sackings would not suit everyone, but the system would fire and cricket would be played and players would be paid.
Are they hoping these guys will reform or suddenly become competent? Do they know we’re supposed to have the power to get rid of the leeches and the dead wood?
We can’t seem to get though a domestic season of Club and franchise cricket. They can’t ever seem to budget and pay salaries on time. We got a big payout a while ago and three months later guys weren’t being paid! How is that possible? They can’t put plans in place to give the talented juniors the coaching and exposure that is absolutely vital and essential to create a good cricketer, without a comprehensive plan for youngsters where are the next players coming from? The twenty year plan of giving u19’s a few games has not worked and cannot work. If it did the other countries wouldn’t waste millions on Junior cricket. They’ve only just realized that in a couple of years time there will be no really good cricketers left and virtually no one waiting in the wings. They’re trying to address the problem only now, it’s pathetic.
They’ve only just implemented the RS plan and that was to create a pathway into the closed shop that has been our franchise cricket, it’s not miraculously creating a flood of world beaters, it’s producing a few journeyman cricketers to replenish the ageing and disillusioned FC players. Sure it has unearthed Blessing, but where’s a Markram or a De Kock in the batting dept? In order for us to be competitive going forward we need to find at least three batsmen of Taylor’s quality. He’s not a freak, he’s a talented guy that put in the hard yards with quality coaching from when he was young. We always have a few youngsters like that, but nothing is ever done with them.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

What exactly is the FD doing then? I thought he was brought in by the ICC to monitor our finances? Problem is you gave these guys an 8 year guarantee of money. Over 10 million a year. I wont be surprised if the ICC bails them out for the tour and takes over our debt. I think they negotiated this for them to dump india at the time. All the countries that dumped india must have gotten plenty of promises. If thats the case then they are unfortunately not going anywhere. They will just place coaches who are puppets to cement power