Streak and Technical Team given notice

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Streak and Technical Team given notice

Post by grant »

To be honest, we have always got a lot of funding from the ICC. The top associates like Ireland and Afghanistan used to receive peanuts in comparison. We don't even play as often as the other full members. We are too broke to even organize domestic cricket. Grassroots cricket is in shambles as well. All of this reeks of mismanagement and corruption. For an organisation which generates its revenue from the game being played and owes its existence to it, paltry figures have gone towards development and other cricket-related expenses. I have lost faith in the ICC. Despite being aware of all this, they have done absolutely nothing. At this rate, cricket in Zimbabwe will be dead in a few years.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

a few years??
If the encumbents stay in power then a few months.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:15 pm
I don’t care what state Zimbabwe is in if Afghanistan can successfully run a domestic season then Zimbabwe has no excuses
Agree 100%.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Jimmy sums it up. The situation is dire. Something needs to be done urgently. Once again they’ve done this to divert attention from themselves. Please lads, make this happen.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

A quick look on the ZC website revels this
By setting policy, the board is ultimately accountable and responsible for the performance and affairs of ZC.

So fire yourselves you kcuf stiucsib.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

grant wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:10 am
To be honest, we have always got a lot of funding from the ICC. The top associates like Ireland and Afghanistan used to receive peanuts in comparison. We don't even play as often as the other full members. We are too broke to even organize domestic cricket. Grassroots cricket is in shambles as well. All of this reeks of mismanagement and corruption. For an organisation which generates its revenue from the game being played and owes its existence to it, paltry figures have gone towards development and other cricket-related expenses. I have lost faith in the ICC. Despite being aware of all this, they have done absolutely nothing. At this rate, cricket in Zimbabwe will be dead in a few years.
All of the Asian nations struggle with corruption and mismanagement as well albeit not at the level of ZC which is probably further complicated by racial divisions, political issues, and economic instability. Cricket was probably never going to be sustainable in ZIM after 2004 similar to Kenya. The Kenya board has apparently been dissolved by their government...I guess it doesn't matter because Kenya are in WCL Division 2 and given how strong the Associates are, will probably never get into Division 1 anytime soon.

I had predicted ZIM might slip down to the UAE, Scotland level by 2025 (after the Taylor/Cremer generation retires) and this WCQ tournament kind of confirmed that given how ZIM struggled against almost every team they played with the exception of Nepal. Even then Nepal was allowed to get a 260+ score.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

It is scary to think how we might have done in the WCWQ if it weren't for Brendan Taylor and Sikandar Raza. Man for man I still think we are more talented than most or all of the associates, but for whatever reason we regularly perform to the level of our opposition. The years of constant losing must have taken a psychological toll.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

http://www.chronicle.co.zw/zc-already-l ... nd-streak/
It has also emerged that some of the backroom staff — including Walter Chawaguta, Stanley Chioza, Douglas Hondo, Prosper Utseya, Gregory Lamb and Convenor of Selectors Tatenda Taibu — have all handed their resignations to the board as demanded by the authorities.
Interesting. I'm assuming everyone except Taibu has done this to ensure there is still future for them with ZC, while Taibu might have done it out of sheer frustration. Now this is a lone losing battle for Streak and Mangongo.
“We hope within the next six weeks we would have filled in those vacancies well in time for the triangular series. So there is ample time to put the structures to prepare for that series,” said Mukuhlani.
LOL. Someone must be preparing himself to climb up the tomato tree and hang himself.
“I think we need to be clear why we asked Tatenda to step aside. The convenor was not able to watch domestic cricket because he is resident in Liverpool. That became a point of contention with stakeholders.

“When we brought in Tatenda to be convenor, it was the same time he was relocating to England. Initially, we actually understood his predicament, his family was settling in England and so he needed to be there with them but, thereafter, we did try to convince the convenor that you need to be in Zimbabwe and we have not made progress.

“What has ended up happening was that Heath has been the selector, the convenor, the coach for the Zimbabweans — all in one — for the Zimbabwe national team.

“If Tatenda can commit to make time to watch domestic cricket, surely he will be considered. But if he doesn’t have time we will definitely look at people with the time to watch games.
I don't get it. They hired Taibu and did not give him all these ultimatums when they gave him the job of convener of selectors and now / or midway they started negotiating with him for relocation. How is that exactly the right approach when you are hiring someone for a job you have advertised? Shouldn't something as blatantly obvious as expectation of relocation be made a necessity in the first place?

Who decided that the selection panel would only consist of Streak and Taibu? Did they decide it for themselves? No. The board took that decision. How can they now whine about too much power with one man / two people? This is where you clearly see what a bunch of jokers they are. Quick to latch on to the convenient loopholes they had created to blame others and get away.

While I have always said Taibu picking sides from the UK and having a selection committee of two people is wrong, look how the ZC now uses these situations that they created intelligently themselves, to now shift blame onto the two most respected cricketers to have come out of the country. Disgrace.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:51 pm
It is scary to think how we might have done in the WCWQ if it weren't for Brendan Taylor and Sikandar Raza. Man for man I still think we are more talented than most or all of the associates, but for whatever reason we regularly perform to the level of our opposition. The years of constant losing must have taken a psychological toll.
At this level talent alone won't suffice. Apart from the admin issues, talented players need to understand their game, how to make it better and be proactive. Situational awareness is also critical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Well if Taibu wasn’t watching any cricket I can understand he can’t be a selector, as I said sides aren’t picked looking at scorecards.

The reason the selection panel was two people was because ZC can’t afford to pay for any more 😂😂😂😂

That’s the problem with not videoing any domestic games it’s hard for the selectors to get to the grounds especially when there are so little matches and they’re played simultaneously
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement