Streak and Technical Team given notice

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Streak and Technical Team given notice

Post by jimmylesaint »

Well Padawan Tapsc.
Constitutions are generally run along the lines of company law. Further each province has a constitution which is trumped by the ZC constitution if their is differences and listen carefully now kids....the ZC constitution is trumped by the ICC constitution which should be easier to get then a ZC constitution.
Failure to qualify would make it an issue on deliverbles?? I have these two issues with that Taps
1)ZC are too dumb to have such a good contract done
2)Back to deliverables, does HR and Accounts and MD and Board get fired in failing to deliver salaries which is a contractual deliverable?
so yes he technically may be but also the ZC board can be fired for not delivering wages and also not delivering qualification for WC as ultimately they are responsible.
In reality the ZC chairman should resign. By firing 13 people that the Board have hired has indicated without a doubt that the Board hired the wrong people for the job. Streak didn't hire himself, nor did Chawa's, nor Hondo, nor Bellend. Mangongo didn't hire himself either!
Do you understand what i'm saying?

As for breach of confidentiality it's not that simple as the law still has to be followed-for example whisteblowing rules etc.
Further if Streaky shared that info after 3pm where he was deemed dismissed- he was no longer an employee and so the confidentiality jibber jabber rules don't exist.

I think we will find ZC nitpicking on small issues trying to hide the big glaring issue- they will want to delay as much as possible so they can get the next ICC tranche of cash.
Faisal was a thorn in ZC side and i hear alleged reports his life was threatened during the chaos of the notacoup...typical ZC tactic so he fled.

I think round one has gone to cricket lovers and with the momentum building perhaps round 2 to cricket lovers.
Rest assured these guys will hold on tight because as board members they don't get a wage but they do get fees paid and consultancy paid(all in crisp $100 notes)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Question on the run for Jimmy

Who would be good options for a new and improved Zac board ??? Question coming from an outsider who doesn’t really know
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:43 am
Question on the run for Jimmy

Who would be good options for a new and improved Zac board ??? Question coming from an outsider who doesn’t really know
Streak,Makoni,Singo, G Flower, Manase
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

answer on the run
Streak(respect coaching). Carlisle(old school,business ), Dube(old school),Taibu(selection),Mlotshwa(legal).Brown(genius),Hamilton(players rep),austin jeans(medical),lazarus(development)

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well if Hasnain was threatened here surely he’s reported that to ICC.
Clearly ICC are now aware there’s an issue here so how they react will indicate their stance.
The fact that they haven’t reacted to the supposed threat to Hasnain is not good. I’d like to know more about what sort of threat he received and how ICC reacted.
When is the next tranche due? If they withhold it pending resolution of this then we know they’re at least neutral, if they pay and hence arm these guys then we know there’s a lot more to this.
Surely the revolutionaries have touched base with them by now?

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:01 am
answer on the run
Streak(respect coaching). Carlisle(old school,business ), Dube(old school),Taibu(selection),Mlotshwa(legal).Brown(genius),Hamilton(players rep),austin jeans(medical),lazarus(development)
I really like two of those names ( not that i dont like the rest )

Hamilton and Carlisle

Always liked Carlisle and always thought he'd be able to give back to the game at some point

Hamilton is much like Taibu he holds a special place in Zimbabwe cricketing history being the first black player to score a ton and has been a pillar for the side for long during the toughest times, an educated man as well.

Having guys who have suffered through the dodgy dealings of ZC on the board will hopefully offer hope they will make sure the new generation of players don't suffer the same fate.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:01 am
answer on the run
http://www.sundaynews.co.zw/src-back-zc-board/

Whats your take on this? This is obviously coming from the side of the media backing the board but its always good to get into the minds of the enemy and understand how they are thinking by analysing some of the things they are saying and doing

What I have established is that they think Patrick Gada is a key player in this movement. He clearly has a leak in his circle/whatsapp group so he needs to be careful. Creating enemies of this nature is very dangerous. Not saying they will harm him physically but they will punch back someway, especially if they win this fight.

The SRC cannot be relied on from what im seeing here. There is also a huge crisis with the football association but they are doing nothing about it. The board is clearly thinking that they will be fine as long as they can show that world cup qualification was a key deliverable . Those words from the acting SRC head for me have ruled them out as a reliable option if its not beyond reasonable doubt.

A big problem we have as well is that technically they can claim the problems at ZC are not their fault because it was previous boards that got into the debt and as long as we are paying 4/5 million a year to service it the game can never grow. This is not a lie and a smart thing these crooks did. Manase taking over for a bit will further strengthen that argument. All they did with Mukuhlani was put a new head on their monster. Its a little technicality that will work in their favour.

The MD is on their side I think. Who wouldnt want a job where you dont even have to be there? He is in Dubai to look for funding. I wonder how close he is to getting it. I have a feeling the ICC will bail them out at some point and this is probably why Hasnain was hired in the first place. World Cup qualification would have made it easier and this is why the board is probably so furious with Streak.

We got a long way to go here. I think we have to create a situation where the guys who were fired take a back seat approach. They shouldnt be the focus here because the reality is the board has the right to do what they did as controversial as it was.

We have to turn the attention on them as individuals. Not the fact that they never played as well because lots of cricket boards are run by people who barely or never played. They can argue that what do cricket players know about running a multi-million dollar industry effectively.

How much do they recieve from ZC compared to the players? How is the money spent? What did the audit conclude? How many of them are there? Do they have a transparent election process?any proof of corruption?
Those are the kind of things that will get rid of them. Scandals which they are directly involved in.

We find a few scandals then all the players revolt and its game over. This has to happen before they appoint a new coach,get the domestic season going again and get some kind of a bailout. If that happens then its for 2019 when the next election takes place.

Otherwise the SRC and ICC will simply ask if the board has the power to hire and fire why cant the people complaining wait until next year to vote the board out like everybody else? This is a question we need to find the answer to. Saying we wont be around next year is not an effective answer.

Please note: I dont support them. I am just imagining what sort of arguments they can come up with and what they can possibly do to win this battle. We have to be prepared.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I have grave doubts as to the legitimacy of that loan.
They need to know what currency it was taken in, what the interest rate was, period of the loan and how much has been paid. I smell a big rat there.

Once again it all depends on the players and to a lesser extent other disgruntled ZC employees and their united resolve. That’s all the legitimacy you need. If they don’t throw their weight behind this and stand firm then this golden opportunity is gone. It’s now or never.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

The Board is like a company and runs on company law TapsC simply because some other board or chairman okayed the loan and is no longer on the board does not absolve the entity that is ZC. The issue is ZC not the individual board members... For example british tobacco in the 90's became responsible for its board of directors from the 60's and 70's etc.
If ZC are found to be incompetent 10 years ago then it is this ZC board that suffer. ZCU can not be found incompetent because as a legal entity it doesn't exist anymore.
It is simply a cop out that "that wasn't me that was the other chairman".
Imagine Toyota selling 10 trillion cars and they find a fault that makes the cars explode- you can't quickly change your chairman or board and now be exempt from blame.
Damn it how did we get on to cars!!!
ok so the chronicle article has a title that is misleading, SRC are not behind ZC(mehluhli Sibanda or his editor tch tch tch) They simply state that they will have to listen to both sides before making a decision.
We all know that the SRC is another government run body that has to make its' own money-most of it they take from football games gate takings.
I think the response from SRC was one of not knowing what to do as they take direction from government.
This will be won or lost at government level irrespective of players as everyone knows they are too scared to speak in case they are never picked again.

Again i say it is not about the people fired directly it is about the state of cricket that has been spearheaded by a clueless board and we suffered defeat.
Streaky et al are side orders now.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

The reality is this. No one thought we'd make the world cup-some thought we might not even make the super 6! That was the state of cricket before WCQ2018 .
The fact we did manage to nearly make the WC was a miracle. That miracle was made in part because of Streak and Taibu in getting us Mire,Jarvis and BT
People came back to play for Zimbabwe because of the Streak..... ZC board has only chased people away with their incompetence.
Now they drop cremer as captain and put BT as captain. As soon as BT performs badly who will they replace him with?
WTF does the board know about team dynamics and who should be captain!?

Cricketers should dominate the board with legal/business experts.