Need to finish among top 9 in ICC T20 Rankings by 31st December, 2018 else need to play T20 Qualifiers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Need to finish among top 9 in ICC T20 Rankings by 31st December, 2018 else need to play T20 Qualifiers

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:40 am
jaybro wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:50 am
I’ll bet you any money Australia don’t tour
Why wouldnt they if they are supposed to? You can get sued if you break a bilateral agreement. Look at what happened when the West Indies didnt pitch up in India. Unless the Aussies are willing to pay us a couple of million dollars so that they dont come all because Heath Streak got fired.

What they will probably do is send a really weak team but that all depends on who takes over. We cant tell how the world will react until we see who the new coach or captain is. If BT takes over as captain for example is that really a bad decision? Thats where the key to all these complaints is.

They werent touring because of political instability not because of the player walkout in 2004 etc. They dont care as much as people think. If BT accepts the captaincy and they miraculously find an international standard coach then all the noise will go away as far as im concerned. These guys are kings of manipulation.

Australia just cancelled their home series v BD because they couldn't get a sponsor lol so with a piss poor excuse like that I'm sure they can get away with it, plus the Dogs at ZC will happily take a few thousand each as compensation for the Aussie no show
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Need to finish among top 9 in ICC T20 Rankings by 31st December, 2018 else need to play T20 Qualifiers

Post by tawac »

tgk wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:42 pm
Two T20Is. What the hell. Even if we win both, we have about a 1% chance. And there's a chance of them not even being there. Raza captain for T20 makes the most sense. Hammy is on his last life and so is Ervine. I'm just frustrated with ZC. A T20 series surely would help even if against Pakistan or Australia. Hell, I'll have an Afghanistan series even!
What Ervine in a T20 team? That would never do. If the board is really serious about the game then we definitely need to get our domestic cricket back on its feet.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

So whats the schedule exactly for Australia and Pakistan? I havent seen it
Even before the West Indies game the Aussies had pulled out of the tri series with us and Pakistan.
Pakistan don't really want to pitch up but they owe us. Although i hear they may reschedule.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

T20I tri-series in Zimbabwe
Sunday, July 1: Zimbabwe vs Pakistan
Monday, July 2: Pakistan vs Australia
Tuesday, July 3: Australia vs Zimbabwe
Wednesday, July 4: Zimbabwe vs Pakistan
Thursday, July 5: Pakistan vs Australia
Friday, July 6: Australia vs Zimbabwe
Sunday, July 8: Final

Winning all our games (Pak and Aus are ranking 1 and 2) will certainly help our T20I ranking.

SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by SpitfiresKent »

Mr Twig wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:10 pm
Winning all our games
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings/me ... kings/t20i

As per latest ICC T20 Rankings, Afghanistan is at 8 after 3-0 white wash to Bangladesh in the recent series and have more upcomming T20 games and are definately in the move to qualify for World T20 without playing the qualifiers . Scotland is just above Zimbabwe after emerging as the winner of tri nation T20 series that involved Netherlands who are slotted to 14th rank and Ireland at 17th after getting white washed by India.

Zimbabwe are still at 12 as they failed to manage even a single win against Pakistan and Australia tri nation series.As per remaining games till cut off date, Zimbabwe has just 3 t20s against the proteas, as a chance to qualify the World T20 directly and avoid the qualifiers

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

In any case I think Zimbabwe will easily qualify as there will be 6 places up for grabs as opposed to only two in the 50 over WC.

zimstarr

Post by zimstarr »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:33 pm
In any case I think Zimbabwe will easily qualify as there will be 6 places up for grabs as opposed to only two in the 50 over WC.
With zimbabwe you never know

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

zimstarr wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:28 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:33 pm
With zimbabwe you never know
It'll probably come down to us having to beat the Pitcairn Islands in the final match of the qualifiers.

Pitcairns win by 3 runs.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

tawac wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:36 am
tgk wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:42 pm
Two T20Is. What the hell. Even if we win both, we have about a 1% chance. And there's a chance of them not even being there. Raza captain for T20 makes the most sense. Hammy is on his last life and so is Ervine. I'm just frustrated with ZC. A T20 series surely would help even if against Pakistan or Australia. Hell, I'll have an Afghanistan series even!
What Ervine in a T20 team? That would never do. If the board is really serious about the game then we definitely need to get our domestic cricket back on its feet.
Cricket is pathetic in Zimbabwe who wears the jersey is bound to fuck up
We.got beat by UAE for god sake with BT , RazA , Cremer & Sean William
New blood