Graeme Cremer removed from Captaincy

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Graeme Cremer removed from Captaincy

Post by Black Mamba »

TapsC

Re: Graeme Cremer removed from Captaincy

Post by TapsC »

If Taylor replaces him then i think we will be better off. Taylor or Raza but i prefer Taylor. He was the unofficial captain anyway. We all saw that ever since he came back.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

RaZa should lead ..

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I guess this means Taylor is sticking around hopefully.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

He didn't inspire much did he? He looked to be improving on the job, but probably not enough. The WI game was a disaster where we could have comfortably sealed our place with so many runs to play with. He could have tried many different things instead of just let the game slip. That 5 minute ICC educational video doing the rounds where he is asked to talk about the recent fixing scandal of Rajan Nayer, one just can't bear to listen to him there. Just no conviction / emotion. Just sounds lethargic. Every single time he speaks. Yeah, may be that's the way he is, but not inspiring.

Good part though, is his bowling form has been very good and he has been adding more variations to his repertoire. He's become more consistent than he ever was. Not having to captain will only help his personal game, no doubt.

Captain Taylor part 2 might actually be better than his part 1 after observing his keen involvement while on field in the Sharjah series. I would still vote for Raza ahead of him, but won't mind Taylor too.

ricky

Post by ricky »

since 2023 world cup will also has been confirmed for 10 teams, we would love to see Zim for 2027 world cup atleast !!

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I don’t think we’ve ever had a captain the forum has supportered really ??

BT had plenty of critics in his first stint

Elton didn’t have any fans I don’t think

Hami barely had time to make his mark

Cremer again had plenty of critics

One must remember a captain can only work with the tools he has and for most of his tenure Cremer hasn’t really had a seam attack of any note until recently.

Even lately once Zim had some good seamers Cremer’s batsman gave Let him down by not putting the runs on the table, the Windies game being the exception. But in that game they obviously mis-read the pitch and needed an extra seamer, although as I said at the time you would have had to be a brave man to drop Chisoro for Ngarava.

Compared to BT I thought Cremer’s field placings and bowling changes were much better, BT was more of a ‘lead by example’ type of captain, but BT may have learnt some new tricks in his time playing for Notts.

BT is the obvious choice as new captain but as many of us have said before Raza would make a great captain, but who knows where his head is at.

I think it’s a great shame we never got to see Williams captain the side I feel he would have been a good captain on field but his off field antics let him down.

These are very uncertain times ahead for Zimbabwe, I wonder if KJ & BT are already regretting coming back.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Williams as a captain would have set a poor example due to his attitude. On top of that he only performs once per series, and until last week, even that performance was restricted to dead rubbers. Taylor or Raza are the right men for the job IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:32 am
Williams as a captain would have set a poor example due to his attitude. On top of that he only performs once per series, and until last week, even that performance was restricted to dead rubbers. Taylor or Raza are the right men for the job IMO.
Williams will never captain the side. He wouldnt even by my choice for the Tuskers.. just too much of a hot head.. Cremer never ever tried to innovate in his whole stint. That was his biggest weakness. He followed what he was told and now he will pay for it.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Not against this.