Graeme Cremer removed from Captaincy

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Graeme Cremer removed from Captaincy

Post by jimmylesaint »

Nice to be back :)
Faisal doesn't respond to any emails. He's been in Dubai since Xmas.
I think he quickly realised how much of a cluster f$%ck the ZC saga is and he deported himself.
I sat in the VVIP in Bulawayo and Harare listening to the Board members talk and their ignorance in cricket is very very very special.
I think people here are right, the players to spineless to act and too dodgy waiting to play for their country when everyone else is on strike.
Their has been no development becos ZC shunned the private schooling system. ANy kit bought by zc funds not given to development but resold by individuals. Allegations made about the sports outlet in Longchen being a retail place for zc kit.

Best bet is every person fired should sue the pants of the ZC Board and all cricketers not paid on time should sue the pants off the cricket Board and hopefully bankrupt the organisation and start a new one.....otherwise last one out turn of the lights.

Googly

Post by Googly »

What’s the difference between VIP and VVIP?
At OH the public didn’t even have access to the clubhouse when there were less than 500 people watching some of those games, not sure whether it was classified as VIP, VVIP or VVVIP? The problem with these ICC funds being guaranteed for the foreseeable future these guys are really going to dig in. It would take a monumental concerted effort by all involved to oust them. I don’t see a revolutionary leader. I got cussed for this comment before by quite a few people, and perhaps because my predictions were out by a couple of years, but we’re now staring into the abyss and something needs to be done.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:57 pm
I got cussed for this comment before by quite a few people, and perhaps because my predictions were out by a couple of years, but we’re now staring into the abyss and something needs to be done.
I hold my hands up, and I apologise. I was one of those people, but like you say, it was certainly a couple of years out. Only now I see where you were coming from.

I'm not at a stage with ZC that I want it to fold. My favorite ZC cricketer turned coach is no longer there, Taibu has gone after the hard work he's put in with the rising stars, and Cremer has been sacked. Not to mention no hope of a world cup birth.

Wish I could just but out ZC and start a fresh.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Last edited by sloandog on Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Last edited by sloandog on Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

This was very kindly sent to me by an internal source within the structure. I have been speaking via E-mail for some time and he kindly answered a few questions. The below E-mail I have copied and pasted here. Sounds like something could be brewing hey :?
A number of cricketers are unhappy. You guys on social media can speculate all you want, and you can call us spineless and weak, but we aren't. Heath, Lance, Sean and the rest of the technical team have been relentless with their preparations, and I can honestly say that the build up to the ICC WC qualifiers was the best time I've ever experienced in a Zimbabwe shirt. Yes, we were not successful in Asia, but we bonded and believed.
Our best chance to inspire the next Brendan Taylor or Hamilton Mazakadza went when the chairman sacked and blamed those who have ate, drank and slept Zimbabwe Cricket and, most importantly, cricket in general; not with a focus on how much money to steal.
The players have turned a blind eye to it, yes, and have taken a 60% cut in salaries (not to mention no sign of payment for March), but that was purely in the hope that we would make the World Cup. Certain guys have taken to social media to say sorry, but I won't be. We are human, at the end of the day, and we have tried our very best. We did not set out to break the hearts of 16 million Zimbabweans, and those of our brothers overseas. We made mistakes, but we only ever tried to learn from them. We played some sensational cricket, with the chairman and administrators coming into the dressing rooms telling us we were the 'real heroes', but screaming and shouting when we lost to the UAE, my lowest point as a player, ever.
Everybody has accepted the accountability for the loss, but when will the administration come clean and cough up the 50 million they have stolen these past 15 years? We all know it will not happen, and so the players have grown tired.
The generation which replaced Grant Flower, Alistair Campbell, Andy Flower and Guy Whittal is not there. We lost half of a generation in Sean Ervine, Campbell Macmillan, Barney Rogers, Friday Kasteni, Jordan Nicolle and Travis Friend. Talent like those who stayed, guys like Elton, Brendan, Prosper, Stuart, the Soma's is simply not there, and the cow has been milked to the point of no return.
Certain members on the forum are clearly linked to the regime, as the noise they have been making these past few months has been spot on, so listen to what they say and take them at face value. Zimbabwean Cricket will not be around in 3 years time.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:54 pm
This was very kindly sent to me by an internal source within the structure. I have been speaking via E-mail for some time and he kindly answered a few questions. The below E-mail I have copied and pasted here. Sounds like something could be brewing hey :?
Zimbabwean Cricket will not be around in 3 years time.
this one line is so scary

Googly

Post by Googly »

That’s a bit of a scoop, Sloan- well done.
I’m calling the players spineless and weak for not ALL getting together and refusing to play another game of cricket until we get a new Board and constitution. They have to engage the ICC and get a lawyer like Samkange on board to represent them.
When I say Board I use that term loosely. Huge lame thieving bureaucracies have become a way of life here and people know no different and they think it’s normal.
We just need a handful of people to run the entire show.
We need Houghton and/or Andy Flower. They would return if they were completely in charge and not be ousted at the next AGM by some thief promising his shamwaris jobs and cars and houses, I’m almost prepared to guarantee that.
We also need accountability for where all the money has gone in the past.
The current regime think the players are a necessary evil, not assets. Someone should have set about them with a cricket bat when they barged into the change room. They are despicable people. I’ve heard them berating players like children before, and it’s the culture here to glumly accept that, it’s such bullshit.
As I said when they make comments like “well we gave them two tours to adequately prepare” then you know you’re dealing with some piece of work.
We have to get rid of these people. Only ALL the players can do this, there can’t be a few willing to continue because they now might get a shot, or be offered the captaincy. There are still people out there that will believe they will get a bigger salary and be paid on time even after the twentieth round of bullshit.
It’s like elections here, the rural population get promised a bit of land, a 5kg bag of roller meal and a packet of kapenta and a packet of beans and they will once again put their X in the right place, it’s the most bizarre thing and is inexplicable to any reasoning person.

This extreme action can only work if ALL our national players and most of the FC guys act in unison. Any one of them thinking there’s too much to lose have been beaten by the system. It’s crunch time and people need to realize that.
You will see with those people that were told to resign how many of them slime back. Right there you will be able to identify who the spineless enemy is. Those should be the leaders, the guys that say No! Then when the Shepherds, the Brents, the Blignauts, the James’ etc all also refuse, and then the players sit down what are they going to do?
Then they have to stand firm when there’s a promise of reform, it’s meaningless lies, we want new people at the top, not a central board and 9 provincial boards, no compromising- we want 5 people with Zim’s cricketing interests at heart to run the entire show. There’s no jobs for the unemployable yes men with pointy shoes, if you can’t play cricket we don’t want to see you. All these so called managers and administrators have proven their thieving uselessness for decades. At one point we practically had more employees than cricketers.
There’s smoke and mirrors around this- I think we might still have over 200 employees, but we’ve got 4 FC teams!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:31 am
Maybe they know we’re finished and they’re going to let us kill ourselves off because it’s easier than going public on the shenanigans and whatever can of worms that opens? Maybe people have the goods on some ICC people, I doubt they’re squeaky clean.
The former seems almost certain to be true. Why look like like a bad guy in killing of ZIM cricket when you figure that will happen almost as quickly on its own.

The latter is an interesting theory. What if ZC brass has dirt on other boards...??? That would also explain the ICC's silence all these years. But then you'd figure the ZC would have used that as leverage to extort the ICC into having a 12 team WC or something similar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I have just been searching to see how many board Chairpersons are actually former cricket players. Cant find many. Maybe thats why. If you then get one of your own fired by players it makes all of you vulnerable. Looking at how much corruption there was in FIFA its very possible that the ICC could be similar. A lot of money moves around here and they dont really report to anybody.

Maybe some guys paid us for certain decisions. For example going against India that time. A lot happened behind the scenes for that to happen. You never know. Its just very strange to me that the ICC have their guy here in Zimbabwe basically running things and nothing happened. These guys have been accused of looting for a very long time. External auditers came in. A bit of controversy around that and then silence. There can only be 2 reasons for that. Either money was stolen smartly and the ICC knew the whole time or it didnt happen at all.