I support the Firing

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: I support the Firing

Post by Jemisi »

I can't see the problem with selection.

There is maybe 1, possibly two changes here or there that might have been made. But nothing glaring. This was substantially our best team. They picked our best team and we didn't make it. I can't see a selection issue worthy of sacking.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Jemisi wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:35 am
I can't see the problem with selection.

There is maybe 1, possibly two changes here or there that might have been made. But nothing glaring. This was substantially our best team. They picked our best team and we didn't make it. I can't see a selection issue worthy of sacking.
Yeah I think some people here forget about the dark old days when guys who were clearly not up to standard we’re getting selected
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Trevor
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Trevor »

Looks like some MP's starting a petition to remove the ZC Board....there is more to this story.

https://twitter.com/TembaMliswa/status/ ... 1674663937

Googly

Post by Googly »

He’s had a go at grabbing power before at ZC and the Rugby Union. He’s Didymus Mutasa’s nephew and an opportunist of note with a very chequered past. He changes hats faster than you can blink and only his political connections have kept him out of serious trouble, barring some jail time for fraud, just the guy we need! :lol: He’s currently an independent MP but looks like getting back into ED’s good books. He’s been Rautenbach’s point man for a while on account of his uncle. Bvute has a big connection with Brian Baxter, in fact I think lives at his place in Ruwa, it’s an absolute palace with a wave pool and all kinds of unaffordable luxuries, Metro and ZC being a part of the piggy bank.
Another 20 years of Chingoka, Bvute and Mukuhlani might be less and we might have more money left at the end of it. :lol:

Of course he may just oust the incumbents and benevolently appoint someone who knows about cricket?
:lol: :lol:

This is the problem with ZC, it’s seen as a source of wealth and power and is eyed avariciously for all the wrong reasons.

Googly

Post by Googly »

ZC May ultimately change hands, but it will never be run by the right people, it’s too high profile, profitable and symbolic unless the players make a stand. They will be told to wind their necks in if they try and I’m prepared to bet that they don’t have the stomach for it but they are the only hope for the right outcome.

Trevor
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Trevor »

Googly wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:12 pm
He’s had a go at grabbing power before at ZC and the Rugby Union. He’s Didymus Mutasa’s nephew and an opportunist of note with a very chequered past. He changes hats faster than you can blink and only his political connections have kept him out of serious trouble, barring some jail time for fraud, just the guy we need! :lol: He’s currently an independent MP but looks like getting back into ED’s good books. He’s been Rautenbach’s point man for a while on account of his uncle. Bvute has a big connection with Brian Baxter, in fact I think lives at his place in Ruwa, it’s an absolute palace with a wave pool and all kinds of unaffordable luxuries, Metro and ZC being a part of the piggy bank.
Another 20 years of Chingoka, Bvute and Mukuhlani might be less and we might have more money left at the end of it. :lol:

Of course he may just oust the incumbents and benevolently appoint someone who knows about cricket?
:lol: :lol:

This is the problem with ZC, it’s seen as a source of wealth and power and is eyed avariciously for all the wrong reasons.

Regardless of his checkered past, this is for a good cause. He has others like Coltart behind him and he has tried to actually do something. I will see where this ends up but at least someone is trying to get ZC to be accountable.

Googly

Post by Googly »

He’s not doing it for the right reasons, that I promise you, but nonetheless let’s see. It’s not free until it’s been liberated from the liberators.
Are you saying Coltart is behind him?
I read some of Colart’s stuff, he’s fairly accurate about most things here, I guess. A personal friend of Streak’s and by all accounts a good bloke, but a white current or ex politician is not taken seriously by anyone. He’s making all the right noises but doesn’t even know who’s on the Board, not sure why?
Last edited by Googly on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If he doesn’t know who’s on the board, then they’ve done a proper job in turning this into the KGB. I know everyone these days distances themselves from any conversations about what goes on at ZC.