I support the Firing

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28

I support the Firing

Post by Mueddie28 »

Heath Streak deserved to be fired
If we can't beat Assoicate like Scotland & UAE
Its in embarrassing
Selection should be done by a independent panel & the coach should give input but should only focus on the line-up
Zhuwao only played after public outcry
M Waller was just being given at bats for no reason while the whole world could see he was out of form
Change of captaincy will give BT better view on how to change bowlers on how effective because Cremer just focused on bowling his alotted 10 overs even when he was being blasted...
Hami & Mire didn't even bowl another coaching error..
Why Chisoro batted behind after Cremer
Why Zhuawo & Hami didn't open with Mire batting 7th or 8th is dumbfounded
Going forward our pace should include Mumba & Chatara

Jayb

Re: I support the Firing

Post by Jayb »

Which board member are you?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, sure.

The only good thing about this post is now i’m looking forward to ZIMDOGGY’s possible reply.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Simply racially biased in firing. Stephen Mangongo, had been given enough time with two under 19 world cup as head coach, he should have been fired after 2016 youth world cup. He has simply failed but in case of Streak, when the team was showing positive sign, he has been fired with few unlucky loss.

ZC should look after inconsistent "average" and "club category" players performance instead of firing coaches. ICC Qualifiers was all about Taylor, Raza & Cremer rest were just filling the side.This, Streak will be differant once he will start coaching top sides as top sides know, to deal with talents

zimbot

Post by zimbot »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:11 am
Heath Streak deserved to be fired
If we can't beat Assoicate like Scotland & UAE
Its in embarrassing
Selection should be done by a independent panel & the coach should give input but should only focus on the line-up
Zhuwao only played after public outcry
M Waller was just being given at bats for no reason while the whole world could see he was out of form
Change of captaincy will give BT better view on how to change bowlers on how effective because Cremer just focused on bowling his alotted 10 overs even when he was being blasted...
Hami & Mire didn't even bowl another coaching error..
Why Chisoro batted behind after Cremer
Why Zhuawo & Hami didn't open with Mire batting 7th or 8th is dumbfounded
Going forward our pace should include Mumba & Chatara
Yeah firing Streak and co was an excellent idea.

Pretty soon we'll have a working club system and a First Class system churning out Rabadas and Markrams.

For once we're going to have a full domestic season without any interruptions because we fired Streak and co.

All our young guys are not going to be leaving for England, Aus and NZ because we fired Streak.

While we're at it let's increase the ZC board members' salaries they are doing a great job.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

More nonsense in the thread. There is no way Mangongo deserved the firing either. I don't think anyone else would have put in as much hard work as he has put in in the last 4 years with the junior side. It is not about the results at the U-19 stage and is more about identifying young talent. He has done that well enough given the resources. Mangongo is an absolute necessity at the U-19 levels for years to come.

Stop trivialising stuff when you don't know the undercurrents. This firing is not about the performances of the coaching staff at all.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

:D so the board following Bancroft, Smith and Warner's philosophy of hiding the real story of "Saving Money " even in media :D and revealing in bold way the reason of firing coaches is on poor performance

Waiting for someone like James Sutherland to arrive and declare real story of firing is " Saving Money " and " Payment issues "

Even Zimbabwe president can be a better under 19 coach, if results doesn't have impact

https://news.pindula.co.zw/2018/04/01/z ... me-cremer/

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

This selective defending is what doesnt make sense to me. Mangongo promised to get the team to the semi-final and a lot of money was invested in him. It turned out the group he was in had 2 finalists. He had no chance in the end and its extemely harsh to fire him. Streak promised to take us to the World Cup and he was fired. It can also be considered harsh. Why support one and be furious with the other?

If you really are thinking fairly you will realize that Mangongo's job was actually mission impossible. Was he expected to beat India who had 2 kids bowling at over 140kph? Qualifying for the cricket world cup in front of thousands of your own home fans against the UAE is not mission impossible. I know plenty of people who were actually there and they are devastated. That penultimate over was a national tragedy.

I just wish cool heads had prevailed and they had spoken to Streak and told him that they want him to stay but they would bring in another head coach. He could be the bowling coach. They went about this all wrong but the overall changing of the head coach and captain had to happen as far as im concerned. Lets not act like the board was always hostile to them. They even fired Ntini for them.

I also believe having certain family members of people who feel wronged all over social media complaining is not helping the situation. I know they love the game and the family members but cool heads need to prevail. We wont have another walkout situation like 2004. Thats just not going to happen because only about 3 guys are irreplaceable in the long run. Taylor Raza and Cremer. I would have said Craig but we dont play enough test cricket.

Taylor has a long term contract. His hands are tied. They will probably promote him to captain too. Will Williams walk out to support guys who dropped him just a few months ago because he didnt hand in a medical clearance certificate? Will PJ Waller and Hami walk out when they are fighting to stay in the team already?Jarvis also has a long term deal i assume. Blessing just got in the team. Chisoro too. Chatara? All the questions will lead to people not trusting each other enough to make a joint effort. Most of these guys arent good enough to play cricket anywhere else. They need these jobs. Its a lot harder to relocate these days compared to 2004 unless you got family links to places like the UK and Ireland.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I don’t care what anyone says or what ever argument you have, sacking the entire coaching staff and selection panels of the national side, A side & Under 19’s is pure stupidity for any country and even more stupider for Zimbabwe due to the pure lack of people with any decent cricketing DNA in the country.

I’ll eat humble pie if they can somehow hire a coaching team better than Streak had, IF being the key word.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

I support the firing too, I think it's disgusting that we lost a very important game to UAE, how can we ever think that our Technical team can survive this purge.Anyone here calling on the board to resign is pychotic .Who selected that team in the first place?
Who was mentoring the captain to make such rediculous decisions to mess around with the batting order?
Who was mentoring our batsman to produce such sub standard stuff and mess up an important game especially against an Associate side?
Who was in charge of the coaching anaf technical department?
The board did not play that match anyone seeking to absolve the technical team and players mainly captain is psychotic.