I support the Firing

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: I support the Firing

Post by Googly »

Then you’re one of ten challenged people

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

The board did not play that match anyone seeking to absolve the technical team and players mainly captain is psychotic.
Nope i doubt the majority of the board haven't played a match at all :roll: Certainly none of them an international match.

The board is full of sheep. They have their psychosis. Lets leave them to their 20m debt that they created.
Let's have every single player who hasn't been paid up to date by tomorrow sue the board for their cash and damages- bankrupt them officially as they are actually in an administration status already. It's nicer to put them out of their misery.
Lets create our own Board right here let's be the change that each of us has whinged about for years- why look to incompetence from ZC and wish they would change.
We need 5 people to volunteer(chairman,secretary,treasurer + 2 others)- someone to open a bank account. Call it another name, get players on side and register.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:10 pm
The board did not play that match anyone seeking to absolve the technical team and players mainly captain is psychotic.
Nope i doubt the majority of the board haven't played a match at all :roll: Certainly none of them an international match.

The board is full of sheep. They have their psychosis. Lets leave them to their 20m debt that they created.
Let's have every single player who hasn't been paid up to date by tomorrow sue the board for their cash and damages- bankrupt them officially as they are actually in an administration status already. It's nicer to put them out of their misery.
Lets create our own Board right here let's be the change that each of us has whinged about for years- why look to incompetence from ZC and wish they would change.
We need 5 people to volunteer(chairman,secretary,treasurer + 2 others)- someone to open a bank account. Call it another name, get players on side and register.
Is it that simple..?

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

If only it were that simple. Here in the USA, USACA was finally stripped of its role as representative of USA Cricket, but the process took about 10 years. As long as the ICC is happy with ZC anything else is futile.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

I think we have done 14years since the trouble began plus ICC have done their forensic reports so we are ripe for change.

Is it as simple as that...why not with the right people involved.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

If the ICC only want to play ball with ZC any new entity will go nowhere and will be buried under lawsuits.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Lawsuits for starting a sports association?
You seem particularly negative today. What if ICC are waiting for an alternative.....

Googly

Post by Googly »

It sounds like you know something?
You need someone with experience, corporate smarts, influence and a brass set of gonads. Ideally he’d need to be well known to ICC. Well actually you need a small contingent of powerful guys,
Streak and Coultart would be the poor man’s alternative to Flower and Houghton.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:11 pm
It sounds like you know something?
You need someone with experience, corporate smarts, influence and a brass set of gonads. Ideally he’d need to be well known to ICC. Well actually you need a small contingent of powerful guys,
Streak and Coultart would be the poor man’s alternative to Flower and Houghton.
Does Coltart have any cricket background? Might be picking the same kind of person we are complaining about here. He changes his mind often too. He also has some biased links to Manase who is not the cleanest guy around and also part of this regime. There is a lot that happens behind the scenes that people dont know about.

Interestingly in an interview with Dean Du Plessis which im sure most of you will hear soon Streak says the MD told him he wasnt part of that meeting which fired them. He also said the selection team was made up of himself Hondo Klusener and Taibu. Also very interesting. No engagement, meeting or call from Mukuhlani as well. That was poor. I support the idea but the way it was done was wrong. I would have still wanted Streak and Taibu to stay on in other roles but that would jeed dialogue instead of militant behaviour.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:36 pm
Does Coltart have any cricket background? Might be picking the same kind of person we are complaining about here. He changes his mind often too. He also has some biased links to Manase who is not the cleanest guy around and also part of this regime. There is a lot that happens behind the scenes that people dont know about.
Coltart was sports minister for a while so he already has more credibility than anyone on ZC board, obviously I don't know the guy and as you say there are things going on behind the scenes I don't know about, I doubt you're fully across these 'things' either?? But from what I've seen of him he has Zimbabwe's best interests at heart
TapsC wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:36 pm
Interestingly in an interview with Dean Du Plessis which im sure most of you will hear soon Streak says the MD told him he wasnt part of that meeting which fired them. He also said the selection team was made up of himself Hondo Klusener and Taibu. Also very interesting. No engagement, meeting or call from Mukuhlani as well. That was poor. I support the idea but the way it was done was wrong. I would have still wanted Streak and Taibu to stay on in other roles but that would jeed dialogue instead of militant behaviour.
It would be nice to get in a good coach and new Governor of Selectors better than Streak and Taibu, but honestly are these guys going to take on lessor roles after they've already taken 2 paycuts????

It's fanciful to think ZC could afford to bring in a guy like Andy Flower and have Streak as a bowling coach, just ain't going to happen.

I'm really struggling to think of anyone who will want the job who is a better candidate than Streak, ZC really stinks they've sacked Bhundu, Mangongo, Whatmore & Streak now plus assistants like Ntini, Hondo, James, Chawaguta, Bell, Klusener and Grant ( I think his contract was not renewed? )
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement