I support the Firing

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: I support the Firing

Post by zimbos_05 »

We all are upset about losing to the UAE. We all accept that losing to them for a team of our calibre is not acceptable.

In the same light, the Australians would never expect to lose to us, and they have. The Sri Lankans probably thought a home series would be all wrapped up against us.

They lost, but they did not fire their coaching staff. They focus more on the bigger picture, and that is what all those who support this firing fail to see. Their shortsightedness will never allow them to see the bigger picture. It never allowed them to do so when they were pillaging money from the sport and destroying the game. They wont change now.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:57 am
We all are upset about losing to the UAE. We all accept that losing to them for a team of our calibre is not acceptable.

In the same light, the Australians would never expect to lose to us, and they have. The Sri Lankans probably thought a home series would be all wrapped up against us.

They lost, but they did not fire their coaching staff. They focus more on the bigger picture, and that is what all those who support this firing fail to see. Their shortsightedness will never allow them to see the bigger picture. It never allowed them to do so when they were pillaging money from the sport and destroying the game. They wont change now.
Angelo Mathews resigned after they lost 3-2 at home to us because it was not acceptable for them. He held himself accountable and did not blame the board even though they are also full of problems. He knew no matter what was happening behind the scenes that was still not acceptable because they are still way better than us. He did bounce back but at the moment when things went terribly wrong he took responsibility. Craig Ervine batted at 7 and ultimately that led to our demise. That had nothing to do with the board. The long term problems are their fault but that game was not. Whoever made that decision cost the nation and they need to own up

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:57 am

Angelo Mathews resigned after they lost 3-2 at home to us because it was not acceptable for them. He held himself accountable and did not blame the board even though they are also full of problems. He knew no matter what was happening behind the scenes that was still not acceptable because they are still way better than us. He did bounce back but at the moment when things went terribly wrong he took responsibility. Craig Ervine batted at 7 and ultimately that led to our demise. That had nothing to do with the board. The long term problems are their fault but that game was not. Whoever made that decision cost the nation and they need to own up
Craig Ervine could have batted at 3 and you have blamed the coach for putting a slow player so high up the order. You just can't be pleased with it.

The difference with Matthews is that he knows the problems and worked to get them addressed, with a board that is not always super incompetent. Sri Lanka are still a team that can challenge and compete at a high level. The problems with Zim is not Streak or Cremers faults. Streak was the first to bring some semblance to the team, and they have destroyed that in one fell swoop.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

What Zimbo said!
You can't blame Irvine. Otherwise you'll have to blame the bowlers for not bowling as well, or perhaps the miss fielding or other batsmen that made zip or the weather or you analyse the WI game we should have won etc etc That's professional sport, you get over it and make sure you don't leave it to the last minute ever again which means tight bowling body on the line fielding and smart batting.
That was the structure of the foundation that Zimbabwe was beginning to enjoy- you will not get that back.

Perhaps we can get a list of the ZC Board so we will always remember who destroyed cricket in ZImbabwe... (Perhaps search for them on cricinfo for their cricket careers as well.
Tavengwa Mukuhlani
Vumi Moyo

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:57 am

+1
TapsC wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:57 am

Can't agree with the Mathews comparison because that was one person and we are firing, what, 13 people? Fix responsibilities, take them out. What has Sean Bell got to do with CWCQ debacle, for example? In any case, the only change I support for now is Cremer's captaincy exit, as we definitely have better options in Taylor and Raza. That's what should drive the decisions. Do we have better options? Even if we keep the money saving option aside for a moment, this is the knee-jerkest of the knee jerk reactions and there can't be any authenticity awarded to it.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I never said i wanted 13 people gone. I even said I would want Streak to be the bowling coach and a bigger selection panel. What I am simply disputing is that these guys did something wrong and we cant blame the board for that last game. The long term destruction is the boards fault mainly plus the overall economic situation. The loss to the UAE was the technical team and the players. We need to separate issues here. The board must defintely go. Thas not debatable. Streak and Cremer made mistakes. Thats also quite clear. Its not like they did everythig right.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Just to add, I don't agree with that Mathews resignation either as that meant they did not have a leader ready and the catastrophy that followed stands testimony to that. His was an emotional decision to step down and wasn't really keeping the best interests of SL cricket in mind.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:18 pm
I never said i wanted 13 people gone. I even said I would want Streak to be the bowling coach and a bigger selection panel. What I am simply disputing is that these guys did something wrong and we cant blame the board for that last game. The long term destruction is the boards fault mainly plus the overall economic situation. The loss to the UAE was the technical team and the players. We need to separate issues here. The board must defintely go. Thas not debatable. Streak and Cremer made mistakes. Thats also quite clear. Its not like they did everythig right.
We've all said losing to the UAE is the worst, but one game is not the basis for such decisions. It is the nature of sport to lose, but if teams went around firing everyone after one loss, it would just cause chaos.

ZC have made a decision that does not serve in the best interests of the game, and when you make decisions like that, you have situations where the team ends up losing to weaker teams.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:01 pm
TapsC wrote:
We've all said losing to the UAE is the worst, but one game is not the basis for such decisions. It is the nature of sport to lose, but if teams went around firing everyone after one loss, it would just cause chaos.

ZC have made a decision that does not serve in the best interests of the game, and when you make decisions like that, you have situations where the team ends up losing to weaker teams.
I agree. Although we already are losing to the weaker teams

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:02 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:01 pm
TapsC wrote:

I agree. Although we already are losing to the weaker teams
And that brings us to the reason of how did we find ourselves in this place...