Realistic coaching targets

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Realistic coaching targets

Post by jaybro »

Again I’ll say it if the board ran the game properly we would have better player depth and Guys like Moor, Burl, Waller, Murray, Mavuta and Cephas wouldn’t be anywhere near the squad. You realise since the 2004 under 19’s side we’ve barely held onto any decent batsman ????? Our batsman are all from that side or before. What happens when these guys are done ???
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I’d really like to know who you think ZC will hire for the following roles

National team head coach, assistant coach, bowling coach, batting coach, analyst, fitness coach, fielding coach and selection panel ???

Plus A team coach and assistant???

Under 19’s Coach, assistant coach, bowling coach and batting coach ????

TapsC ??

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:27 am
I’d really like to know who you think ZC will hire for the following roles

National team head coach, assistant coach, bowling coach, batting coach, analyst, fitness coach, fielding coach and selection panel ???

Plus A team coach and assistant???

Under 19’s Coach, assistant coach, bowling coach and batting coach ????

TapsC ??
Why do you keep avoiding the question? Are you saying Streak did nothing wrong? This is what im arguing about. You are trying to shift the blame completely on the board. That is just as shameful as what the board are doing by making the technical team the scapegoats. I dont know how you can blame the board for technical errors like Ervine batting at 7. You keep avoiding answering that.

If you think im Cephas Zhuwao then I dont know :lol:
I might as well be Cephas Zhuwao and Forster Mutizwa and other guys like that who put their hand up but were treated poorly. Guys who were just chucked into a tournament with no preparation instead of having had a chance to play in the UAE and adjust to the team just like everybody else. I am none of them but I feel their pain. This a job. Its not club cricket where there is no big financial reward. They have families. You cant just pick Murray and Mavuta because you feel like it and disadvantage people who slave away for peanuts. These guys are old now. They have families to feed and a future to think of.

You keep missing my point. If you read all my posts you will see that I dont support the board. In fact I said that I wanted Streak to remain the bowling coach and we get a new head coach. This was before they sacked everybody. Them firing everybody is an injustice. Mangongo like he said had nothing to do with what happened but he was fired. As well as Bell Chawaguta Utseya and Lamb. They should have at least had a hearing and spoken in a way where Streak and taibu would have still had a future.

Whatmore was treated poorly but Streak still came. Simmons and Waller were treated poorly but Whatmore still came. The world does not revolve around Heath Streak. Makhaya Ntini will tell you that. A lot of the guys who were fired will probably be rehired.Its all a ploy just to get people to sign worse contracts than they already have. The board is manipulating the system. They dont have the money to pay all of them. Dont be surprised if you see the likes of Hondo and Utseya bounce right back.

Lets not speculate who it is but I suspect it will be a foreign coach with a decent track record who is going to drain our resources just like Allan Donald predicted.

As for who picked Zhuwao the story will reveal itself one day but anyobody with a bit of intuition can look at the chain of events and see exactly what happened. You think the board is crying about selection for no reason? Its pretty obvious they had their picks. Not squad picks because they got their way with that already.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

TapsC whatever comes next will be a very diluted version of what was.
The board is to blame entirely from 2004-onwards when they became raving racists- and used politics to strongarm whites out the system for the lucrative forex at the time. Pure greed because you never saw the war vets crying about the white makeup of our financially poor swimming team.
You keep harping on the one fact Irvine was at number7 yet miss all the other aspects of the game. Makes me think you are board member then i realise that you are too smart to be a board member so maybe...you are a board members son that enjoyed private schooling paid for by ZC :)

You did TapsC hit the nail on the head albeit with out your ego knowing it....i will explain.
You said staff will re sign a watered down contract and you are probably right- i will have less respect for them because they have no self pride-no motivation from within. To have a real winning team you need it to encompass your Board who work with you and give you the money for the tools, the tech staff, the squad, the groundstaff, the cleaners, the net bowlers all pulling in harmony for a common goal.
You'll never have that with this ZC Board that must resign, NEVER. You'll never have it with players looking at the same tech staff who got treated like B*&^#es and came snivelling back and give them your respect.
Effectively the Board corrupts good peoples moral compass and sense of right and wrong.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I dont think I would want them out if they were paying anything for me :D Its funny how someone cant have a different opinion without being linked to anybody. Whats the point of having a forum if everybody agrees with each other?

Do I have any link or know even one board member? No. Can i put myself in their position and see how they are going to use certain decisions to their benefit. Yes. Should someone like Taibu have seen it? Yes. Diplomacy. Thats all it takes and thats why I blame him the most.

These guys have access to our future money for 8 years. You have to outmanouvre them just like what they did to Manase AC and Coltart. Smart and calculated. All this noise will just make them dig deeper and entrench themselves.

Its something we tend to miss in Zimbabwe and Africa in general when dealt with a governance issue. I see it very much in our politics as well. Social Media and the papers mean nothing in the bigger context of things. You will be barking for no reason. Its even with the next presidential election. People are arguing all over social media and other platforms when its so clear to me thats it has already been rigged.

How do you remove these guys in my opinion? We need to make sure they lose the next election.I think it has to be a transition. You cant get rid of all of them at once. These guys are criminals who dont care. You take them through the SRC process and they probably have already corrupted that. You form your own board and they will go to court and they will fight you for the next 8 years right until the money runs out. It is very much within their mandate to fire people. How does the ICC stop that when we havent even seen the replacements? Its almost like how Arsenal fans cry everday about Wenger. That decision will only change at a higher level no matter what they do.

Manase has problems but as I said it has to be a transition so you might prefer him to takeover for now. He needs peoples backing for the next election. There is no other way around it. Any other method will destroy cricket forever. You have to outmanouvre them in that field.

I want them gone too. I think I just have to clarify that again and again. That doesnt mean I cant point out other mistakes.

Ervine at 7 cost us the game as far as im concerned. It was a multi-million dollar mistake. However you look at or water it down that was the key moment.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

https://www.dailynews.co.zw/articles/20 ... haya-ntini

Here is an article from December when they were backing Ntini(who they fired in the end because of the guys who were just released) . This is a clear warning to not just Heath Streak but everybody. If we didnt qualify there would be changes. These guys knew this for months. In fact when Heath Streak was hired qualification was his main objective. He knew that. We all knew that. The qualifiers were brought to Zim for that very purpose.

All they have to do is show the SRC and ICC this and thats the end of that. These comments were from the guy who is basically the ICCs man on the ground as well.

He even said it would be unusual if there were no changes if we failed to qualify. Hasnain himself.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Funny that article. I read it that there would be changes for the Board.
Ntini at that stage was out the door anyway. Nice guy but needs help with being a coach.
Faisal in my discussions with him is flabberghasted by the way ZC Board have been operating...after all Faisal is a professional book worm and knows more than the board put together in running a multimillion dollar company!
But hey, lets look forward to the bleak future and maybe next season they will bring out 4 day games for cub cricket with no money to pay anyones accommodation. Or something just as dumbish.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I’m avoiding the question ???? You still haven’t answered the question I’ve been asking you the whole time 😂😂😂😂

I’ll ask again just in case you’ve missed it all these times

WHO WASNT SELECTED THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SELECTED??????

I’ll answer your question about Ervine, was it a mistake batting him at 7 ? Well that’s debatable and it’s not what cost us the game. What about Mire, Hami & BT getting out cheaply and causing Moor and Williams to consolidate the innings or Chatara going for 7 an over, or pretty much all our bowlers missing their lengths ?????

In the end Ervine did his best and what killed us at the end was KJ getting too much strike, but you can’t knock back singles when you need 15 an over

Stop saying you would like Streak to become bowling coach that’s just fairy land mate, he’s already taken multiple pay cuts you think he was going to take demotion also ???

In the end of the day team selections were not what killed us, we played 1 bad game all tournament which cost us.

If you’re going to blame Streak for what you deem ‘poor selections’ surely he gets credit for the ones that worked ?? Playing Chisoro against Scotland, Bringing in Blessing for the Afghan game, playing Williams @5 against UAE.

That’s the point you’re missing TapsC you’re so crucial about Streak playing Ervine at 7, but you’ve said a million times he shouldn’t be top 4 so I guess you wanted him at 5 ??? Williams played a gem at 5, without that innings we never get close. Does Streak get credit for that ???

That’s your problem you look at one aspect and don’t think of the knock on effects.

Don’t blame Streak for not picking Mutizwa on what basis was he being selected ???? No 50 over cricket for over a year??? Who’s fault is that?? The boards not Streak’s

👊🏼👊🏼👊🏼👊🏼👊🏼👊🏼👊🏼

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

When im refererring to Mutizwa im obviously referring to the 3 tests we played. Obviously not 50 over cricket. Thats one selection issue. Jongwe and the rising stars is another selection issue. No need for me to talk about how Zhuwao even ended up in the squad. If you dont want to see that it was forced then so be it.

If you cant separate issues and actually take a careful look at the results and selection over the last year then we will never be on the same page. I will agree to disagree.

Bottom line is that Streak is gone anyway and he isnt coming back. A lack of diplomacy and not seeing things that im talking about will always lead us back to this point where its the board against players and then it eventually becomes a race war. The sad part is that all stakeholders involved play a part in this whole mess and until people see that we will just always go back to square one where its a hostile situation and the board keeps all the profits.

I wont comment on this matter again before somebody accuses me of being Bvute or Mangongo's son here. My final words on this matter are that I warned this was going to happen and it is happening so there must be some sense in what im saying. Take my words as rubbish just defending the board and you will continue being frustrated as long as those board members are alive because they are not going anywhere with the approach people want to take. They will just cry racism in the end. Real change will need a much more calculated approach.

They are already playing the race card. Claiming black players were in the dark over Zhuwao getting dropped. They are masters at this game and will just use the same tactic over and over again and creating divisions. Talking about Blessing not being paid enough as well. Now nobody can get involved.
https://www.dailynews.co.zw/articles/20 ... im-cricket
Anyway im done for real this time with this topic :lol:

Sidenote: Streak refused to try get Sean Ervine to come back? :o what the hell happened there? :lol: Mukuhlani really is good at making anybody look like a villain

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

We’re not talking about tests mate we’re talking about ODI cricket !!!!

See this is why I’m always into you for whinging about things without throwing up any real solutions.

Interesting that Zimbabwe is the only team that sacked their coach after the qualifiers because everyone else realised it was a cut throat qualifying program.

The World Cup is one thing but it’s not the end of the world we need to look at the future. Our team is in a very delicate position because our batsman are all over 30 and all the young batsman coming through have yet to prove themselves or have shown they’re not up to standard.

Being the head coach of Zimbabwe is not just about coaching the team we need someone who knows the game there inside out, someone who can bring guys like Welch, Byrom, Lake, Ives, Synder etc back to play for Zimbabwe, Streak knows these guys he knows their families. An overseas coach doesn’t have the connections that matter in Zimbabwe. Bringing these kids back is critical for the future considering we don’t have a domestic competition that is producing quality batsman.

The board hasn’t looked ahead at the knock on effect of sacking Streak & Taibu and I’ll be happy to be proven wrong but I doubt they’ll be able to afford / attract anyone capable of bringing these guys back.